ProBar XS - where's the bad?

Markio

Markio

Awards
Hi guys,

It goes without saying that whole foods always get picked ahead of a bar, but can anyone tell me how bad these are please?

To my untrained eye they look fine, and from the reading I have done polyols don't seem to be too bad - (low gi).

Nutritional information per 70g bar:
Energy 1014kJ / 243Kcal
Protein 30g
Carbohydrates 3.85g
Of which sugars 1.33g
Polyols 12.77g
Fat 5.25g
Of which saturated 3.5g
CLA 4g
Dietary fibre 8.75g
Sodium 0.14g

Any help appreciated

m

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Post the ingredients too please...they really tell the whole story.

Markio

Markio

Awards
Cheers rampage:

Nutritional information (Based on the Peanut flavour)

Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Micellar Casein, Peanut Flour), Hydrolysed Gelatine, Glycerine, Chocolate Flavour Coating (12.5%)(Maltitol, Vegetable Fat, Cocoa Powder, Milk Solids, Lecithin, Aspartame), Polydextrose, Rice Starch, Vegetable Oil, Flavouring, Sweetener:- Sucralose.

animalXXX

Awards
hmm... my opinion they're allright... it's got a blend of proteins, low fat, low carbs.. looks decent. Are you using it as a meal replacement? I'm not sure what you're goals are, but as a bulk i'd want something with some complex carbs in it and a little more cals. As a cutter somthing that doesn't have micelar protein in it(takes too long to digest it). But then again i rarely have any bars, the only time i use a bar is if i'm flying.
Hope that helps

Gdawg

Awards
It looks like a lot of the protein comes from hydrolyzed gelatine though; an inferior, and incomplete, protein source. Probably atleast 12 grams of the total protein content comes from it since it is listed before glycerine and there are 12.77 grams of polyols in the bar.

I'd look for a bar without hydrolyzed gelatine, or actually I'd just make my own if I were needing some (this is what I actually do).

If your in a pinch though, it's certainly still better than a Snickers.