Primo and hairloss

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Was planning on doing test only 400 mgs but want to add something in. Was thinking low dose primo. Currently on fin but I know it won't help with the primo so wanted to see how bad is it is I'm predisposed.

Also considering ostarine as well. What you guys think?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Didn’t you ask the same question on another board?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you are predisposed to hairloss, primo & mast are probably not any safer. Individual specific, but odds are it will increase shedding. For some it can be much worse per mg, and especially compared to someone who needs to use finasteride already.

Your cycle goals & experience depending, things like EQ, Nandrolone, Anadrol, even Anavar are all things I would be looking at before Ostarine. Ostarine doesn’t reportedly go well with elevated testosterone. A bit of EQ or Deca could be pretty ideal for growth/size as long as you blast & cruise and don’t need to PCT.

I can tell you S4 definitely quickly crushes SHBG and causes a lot more free test (and therefore aromatization of it to estrogen), and I’d expect the same with Ostarine. I was cruising 180 test & 80 mast, and adding 75mg S4 all of a sudden I swoll up with estrogen, oily skin, acne, fullness, weight & strength gain. Obviously you can mitigate that with an AI and you’re already on Fin so it might work out, but be ready if you see similar sides when introducing Ostarine.

I am not predisposed to hairloss at all, but I have heard of people more concerned with their hair than arteries using bare replacement levels of testosterone and leaning on Deca, Anadrol, S4, Ostarine as Anabolics for extended periods.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Even though I responded very well to primo, I decided to try anavar and by the second day my hands were covered in hair when I shampooed in the shower.
I don't know for sure but I don't think it happens that fast. The second day seems too quick to see that kind of hair loss in my opinion... but I could be wrong.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hyde - explain this to me.

Trendione = very slight shed (years ago)
Hcg + test = huge shed
Test solo = no noticeable shed
Test + low dose primo= hair looked to be thicker (trt)

Even though I responded very well to primo, I decided to try anavar and by the second day my hands were covered in hair when I shampooed in the shower.

I was under the assumption that if I responded well to primo I should respond well to anavar
Everyone reacts differently to every individual compound. So some people shed more or less with mast vs primo vs test even. Accordingly, primo being great for you doesn’t guarantee Var.

And if you didn’t Roidtest your Var, it very possibly could have been Winny, as a relevant aside. Which is notoriously hard on the scalp for many.

I don’t understand why test with HCG was an issue but solo test was fine, provided doses were equal. With the HCG there will be more estrogen and testosterone overall, of course.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Everyone reacts differently to every individual compound. So some people shed more or less with mast vs primo vs test even. Accordingly, primo being great for you doesn’t guarantee Var.

And if you didn’t Roidtest your Var, it very possibly could have been Winny, as a relevant aside. Which is notoriously hard on the scalp for many.

I don’t understand why test with HCG was an issue but solo test was fine, provided doses were equal. With the HCG there will be more estrogen and testosterone overall, of course.
If it happened that quickly like he said (2 days) that would be a reaction to the drug and not speeding up MPB. It would have somehow shocked the follicles because I do not believe they would fall out that fast.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If it happened that quickly like he said (2 days) that would be a reaction to the drug and not speeding up MPB. It would have somehow shocked the follicles because I do not believe they would fall out that fast.
I don’t see how anything I said contradicts that.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don’t see how anything I said contradicts that.
I didn't necessarily say anything you said did... but even if it were winny for example, winny is known to speed up MPB, not necessarily cause shock to the follicles (or at least as far as I know). My point is, regardless of the compound, it either shocked the follicles, was something other than the cycle itself (could have even been from a previous cycle as it does take time for the hair to fall out), or it could just be a placebo type of deal.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I didn't necessarily say anything you said did... but even if it were winny for example, winny is known to speed up MPB, not necessarily cause shock to the follicles (or at least as far as I know). My point is, regardless of the compound, it either shocked the follicles, was something other than the cycle itself (could have even been from a previous cycle as it does take time for the hair to fall out), or it could just be a placebo type of deal.
You think it’s more likely to be placebo or cause outside his cycle than the ester-less DHT-derived androgen he introduced 2 days prior? Because those are going to be in and transcribing right away.

Sure, it could be any other needlessly complex or arbitrary explanation, but for most people the logic that I took X and Y happened is sufficient correlation.

Anyway, I don’t really have a horse in this race. All I’m saying is, if I took something and my hair immediately started falling out, I would stop doing that thing.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You think it’s more likely to be placebo or cause outside his cycle than the ester-less DHT-derived androgen he introduced 2 days prior? Because those are going to be in and transcribing right away.

Sure, it could be any other needlessly complex or arbitrary explanation, but for most people the logic that I took X and Y happened is sufficient correlation.

Anyway, I don’t really have a horse in this race. All I’m saying is, if I took something and my hair immediately started falling out, I would stop doing that thing.
It's possible... but it would be extremely rare in my opinion. The other thing too, is that I would imagine, if it were shock to the scalp, all the hair would grow back after stopping use. Essentially, I've never heard of this being a side effect of any AAS... not saying it can't be... I've just never heard of it. The only hair loss I've ever heard of from AAS is related to MPB.. and that shouldn't happen on day 2.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I took a high dose of antibiotics once and it had a similar effect. Wellbutrin as well. It grew back both times but a huge amount of hair was lost. Not sure if those same mechanisms were in play when I took the anavar, but similar result
It could be. I've heard it's common with some products used for actually preventing hair loss too. Essentially people lose hair when they start using it and then it grows back with more hair. It's the same with a hair transplant... people usually see significant shedding from the shock the surgery has on the follicles... but then that old hair and the new hair grow back.

For the most part, AAS hair loss is usually related to MPB though. It doesn't mean you can't lose hair in other ways from AAS, it's just far less common. The way in which you experienced hair loss does not seem to be related to the usual MPB hair loss that is typically experienced with AAS.

And I wasn't trying to downplay it like it was definitely placebo... but it could be anything. Hell.. stress could cause it to fall out like that. There are just a lot of factors that it could be. But if I took something and I started losing hair the next day, I would stop taking it as well. If it has happened with other drugs like you said it could be similar mechanism.