Primeval Labs Andro Quad Product Review

J

johnahan1994

Awards
Hey everyone, welcome to my log of Andro Quad by Primeval Labs!

General information:

I am currently 21 years and have been strength training for about 8 years now. I am a Kinesiology student with a strong background in Exercise Physiology, Anatomy, Organic Chemistry, and Nutrition so I like to think that I have a pretty solid grasp of what I’m doing in regards to my diet, exercise plan, and supplementation (more on this later). I am relatively new to the PH scene with my first exposure being a 6 week stand-alone cycle of 1-Andro by AMS.

Dosing:

Since the bottle comes with 60 capsules, I decided that I am going to dose this out at 2 caps per day for 30 days whether it’s a training day or a rest day. I usually work out between 3-5 pm so I will be taking one first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and the other one immediately post workout. For any information on ingredients or dosing, I’d recommend checking out the product description on strongsupplementshop.com. I found their explanation, dosing information, and Q&A section to be very helpful. (Sorry, but I don't have enough posts yet to put the actual URL up here)

Current stats:

6’ 1” 231lbs no way of measuring my BF% so I’ll be posting Before, During, and After pictures for comparison of body composition (sorry about the qualitative measurements).

Estimated 1RMs:

Bench: 245
Deadlift: 405
Squat: 415

I had a stress fracture earlier this summer that finally went away about a month ago and during that time, I couldn’t effectively train my legs so the squat and deadlift numbers are a bit low for me personally.

Diet:

As I mentioned before, I have a pretty good idea on how to effectively diet and how to plan out macros. Currently, I am working a lot and following a strict diet is borderline impossible for me right now so I will not be religiously counting calories or stressing about my macros. That being said, here’s what I’m planning to do:
• With my weight at 231 lbs (105 kg) and moderate to high activity level, I am roughly using 2500 kcal for rest days and 3200 kcal for training days broken up between 4-6 meals.
• My diet will be based on clean, whole foods. Lots of lean meats, vegetables, and fruit; no soda, no junk food, and no/very minimal alcohol.
• The breakdown that I feel works best for me is high Protein (around 200g on rest days and 300+ g on training days), medium Fats, and low –medium carbs
• This isn’t set in stone but I try to do protein & fat meals from when I wake up until after I work out and protein & carb meals from post workout until bed. This is based off of Carb back-loading and I feel that this works for me since I train later in the day.

Supplementation:

Bodytech Creatine & Glutamine with Beta-Alanine 1 scoop preworkout
Swanson Premium Brand L-Arginine 1000 mg
Generic Vitamin D drops 5000 IU first thing in the morning
Muscletech Protein Powder 1-2 scoops post-workout (depending on if I have time for a meal)*
*Normally, I use a more pure Whey Protein hydrolysate or isolate but this 5 lb bag was on sale for $32 and I wasn’t about to pass up on that deal

As for PCT, I am going to be using Arom-X RDe.

Training/Program:

I’m not currently following any set exercise program at the moment but I do have a couple driving forces:
• High volume and High intensity
• 4 lifts per week (usually M,T,Th,F)
• At least 1 day of cardio per week ( ideally 2 done on W&Sat)
• Chest/Back, Legs/abs, Arms/Shoulders, and Lag day (I do a makeshift workout to train any muscles that felt weak on their day/are lagging behind)

Pics and possibly some measurements to come. If anyone has any questions, comments, recommendations, or requests, feel free to tag me in a post or PM me and I'll be happy to respond.

I hope that everyone enjoys my first log!

J

johnahan1994

Awards
Monday 7/27/2015 - Chest/Back Day:

Barbell Bench Press
3x8 @ 155, 165, 165 and 2x5 @ 185
Barbell Bent Over Rows (Underhand grip)
1x15 @ 135 (warmup) 1x12 @ 185 1x10 @ 205 and 3x8 @ 225
Barbell Shrugs (Over-Under grip)
1x15 @ 225 1x12 @ 275 3x10 @ 315 and small dropset 315 to 225 to 135 (all with pause at the top)
SUPERSET: Seated Incline Press machine* and Standing Cable Flyes
Incline press 3x12 @ 60lbs per arm
Flyes 17.5 each arm (pause at top and emphasis on peak muscle contraction)
Seated Cable Rows (neutral grip with hands 1ft apart)**
1x15 @ 130 1x12 @ 140 and 3x10 @ 160 (no body movement and pause at top for peak contraction)

Diet:
• Breakfast was 3 scrambled eggs with some leftover ground turkey and some salsa and a large cup of coffee blended up with about a tablespoon of coconut oil
• Lunch was Grilled chicken and rice
• Post workout was 30 grams of protein powder in water and an apple
• Dinner was chicken and rice today (I got lazy with the cooking)

*All of the benches were taken for Incline DB Press which I was planning on doing
**I’ll post a pic of the handle later

J

johnahan1994

Awards
Also, I'm making a change to this log. Instead of 2 caps per day for 20 days, I am going to be running 3 caps per day for 40 days. Everything else is staying the same.

J

johnahan1994

Awards
Tuesday 7/28/2015

Legs:
Back Squat (with belt)
3x8 @ 275, 295, & 315, 1x5@ 365, and 2x2 @ 385 &405
Leg Sled (weights do not include apparatus weight [118 lbs])
1x25 @ 380, 1x20 @ 560, 1x15 @ 650, and 3x10 @ 740, 830, and 920
Standing Hamstring curl (weight per individual leg)
1x15 @ 25, 1x12 @ 30, 2x10 @ 35
Seated Calf Raise (no hand assistance and short pause at the top)
1x15 @ 55 and 4x12 @ 80, 90, 100, & 110

Diet:
• Breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs on an English muffin and a large cup of coffee blended up with about a tablespoon of coconut oil
• Snack was a small protein bar
• Lunch was Sushi (brown rice spicy Tuna roll)
• Post workout was 40 grams of protein powder in water
• Dinner was a tuna melt on whole wheat toast

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally would take one preworkout vs post. Increased pumps and improved drive/aggression would be the advantage. That and when you eat post you have the anabolics already converted and active.

C

CJNator

Awards
In this and damn first log...might have to write down some notes on how to make mine lol.

J

johnahan1994

Awards
I personally would take one preworkout vs post. Increased pumps and improved drive/aggression would be the advantage. That and when you eat post you have the anabolics already converted and active.
That's definitely a fair point with the anabolic conversion and drive/aggression helping me during my workout but is there an ingredient in Andro Quad that helps with pump? I'm not trying to challenge you here, I'm honestly curious.

J

johnahan1994

Awards
Wednesday 7/29/2015

Note: Today would normally be a cardio/recovery day but I’m moving out of my apartment tomorrow and I know won’t want to go lift afterwards. Also, I studied for my summer class’s final all day today when I wasn’t working out or eating so my diet was a bit off today.

Shoulders/Arms:
Seated DB Shoulder Press
1x15 @ 35, 1x12 @ 45, 3x10 @ 50, 55, 55
Lateral DB Raise
1x15 @ 20, 1x12 @ 25, 1x10 @ 27.5, and 1xRunning Rack (all weights between 27.5 and 15)
Cable Face Pulls (Rear Deltoids)
1x15 @ 40 and 3x12 @ 55
DB Biceps curl
3x10 @ 35 and 2 sets of 21s with a 50 lb straight bar
Triceps Rope Pulldown
1x15 @ 25, 3x12 @ 35, 35, 45, 1x Burnout @ 25 (35 full non-stop reps)

Diet:
• Large cup of coffee blended up with a tablespoon of coconut oil
• 1 hamburger on whole wheat toast with a slice of cheese
• Another large cup of coffee blended up with a tablespoon of coconut oil
• Post-workout protein shake
• 1 Chipotle burrito bowl (steak, brown rice, black beans, veggies, salsa, and guac)

Side Notes:
I took my caps at 9 am, 3 pm (pre-workout), and 9:30 pm.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's definitely a fair point with the anabolic conversion and drive/aggression helping me during my workout but is there an ingredient in Andro Quad that helps with pump? I'm not trying to challenge you here, I'm honestly curious.
It has been my experience that anything that is directly hormonal in an androgenic sense will increase pump. I do not think I have taken a single hormone that did not increase pump. Heck the old M1T and M1A pumped me without even working out. I would take a dose and about an hour later had a light workout like pump feeling.

J

johnahan1994

Awards
It has been my experience that anything that is directly hormonal in an androgenic sense will increase pump. I do not think I have taken a single hormone that did not increase pump. Heck the old M1T and M1A pumped me without even working out. I would take a dose and about an hour later had a light workout like pump feeling.
Interesting, Ill definitely keep an eye out for that during this cycle.

J

johnahan1994

Awards
Hey guys, I've had a pretty crazy past few days so I'm running behind on the log and answering questions. Ill be up to date by the end of the date today.

J

johnahan1994

Awards
Thursday 7/30 – “Off” day

No lift today but I did spend an entire day moving furniture and other things out of my apartment; hence the quotations around the word off.

Diet:
I don’t recall exactly what I had to eat that day but I do know that I had a turkey hoagie and a lot of coffee with coconut oil. No junk food, possibly a protein or granola bar. Definitely didn’t eat enough food that day.

Took caps at 8:00, 3:00, and 9:00

J

johnahan1994

Awards
Friday 7/31 – True off day

Miscellaneous errands took up the majority of my day. I was on my feet a lot but I’m counting it as a true recovery day.

Diet:
• 2 eggs and an English muffin for breakfast
• I had a roast pork sandwich for lunch (cheat meal)
• Dinner was a quesadilla with beans, chicken, salsa, and avocado

Took caps at 8:30, 2:00, and 9:00

J

johnahan1994

Awards
Saturday 8/1 - Body Circuit and Long Kayak

Down the shore for the weekend so I’m doing the best with what I can down here. Lots of swimming and some much needed sleep.

Workout:
Pushups
3x25 and 1 x failure
Goblet squats
5 x 25 holding a cinderblock (unsure of the weight)
Wide-grip pushups
2x15 1 x failure
Lunges (weight overhead)
5 x 15 each leg with 1 cinderblock
Diamond pushups
2x15 and 1 x 10

Diet:
• Eggs and sausage for breakfast
• No lunch but snacked on cheese and crackers and hummus and veggies during the day
• 1 small hamburger and a salad for dinner
• Small ice cream

Took caps at 9:30, 3:30, and 9:30

J

johnahan1994

Awards
Sunday 8/2 – Cardio
2.5 mile beach run and about a 500 m bay swim (I’m not really a swimmer so this killed me)

Diet:
Pretty much the same as yesterday but no ice cream

Took caps at 9:30, 3:00, and 9:30

J

johnahan1994

Awards
Monday 8/3 – Legs

Normally, I start off my lifting cycle with Chest and Back but I had a chance to meet up and train with some old football buddies so I just jumped into legs with them.

Workout:
Squats
1x15 @135, 1x12 @ 225, 1x10 @ 275, 2x8 @ 315, 2x8 @ 335, and 1x6 @ 365
Deadlift (It’s been a while so I think these numbers will go up a good amount)
1x12 @ 135, 1x10 @ 225, and 4x6 @ 315
Leg Extensions (leg sled was broken) (weight per leg)
5x10 @ 45, 70, 80, 90, and 100
Seated Hamstring Curls (weight for both)
5x10 @ 45, 70, 90, 100, and 115
Seated Calf Raise
5x12 @ 45, 70, 90, 115, and 135

Diet:
• 2 eggs, 1 English muffin, and a cup of black coffee
• Post-workout protein shake
• Dinner was a turkey BLT hoagie with avocado
*I went to a concert and had 4 beers over the course of the night (no food while drinking though)

Took caps at 9:00, 2:00 (post-workout since I lifted at 12:30 and it would have been too close to do pre-workout), and 8:00pm

P

Primal Demon

Awards
So, what happened in the end? Did you get good results?

E

Evilestninja

Awards
Good results? I've got a few bottles and I'm debating whether to stack with something or not.