Prime vs John Meadowes

malin

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
John just posted on Facebook that he got F@cked by prime nutrition and claims that intra md dose not contain ingredients listed on a label . Meadowes is a good guy it sucks that this happened to him . **** prime nutrition

(7) John Meadows - Please read: I continue to receive questions...

Please read:

I continue to receive questions asking if I am part of Prime Nutrition.

The answer is unequivocally no. I am not associated with them in any way, shape, or form.

For those of you who supported me and bought their products, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Unfortunately, I have never received 1 penny of the residual income I was promised for the delivery of IntraMD (which became Prime's flagship product) as a formulator. There were other major compensation issues between Prime and myself as well, but due to legal reasons I can't get into those.

There is a much bigger issue here that needs to be addressed though.

What is most disappointing, is that I was recently warned about the products with my name on them; that they likely did not have the ingredients (nor the doses) that were in the formulas I gave to Prime. My word is my bond, and I do not put my name on anything unless I believe in it. I know what it's like to manage a tight budget, and the last thing I want is for men and women to throw away their hard earned dollars on something that does not meet label claims, or worse, contain none of the listed ingredients as advertised in the products.

I wanted to know if this was true, so I spent a few thousand dollars of MY OWN money to have the products tested for 2 ingredients, for starters - Teacrine, and Hydromax. The testing was done by one of the most reputable labs in the US. On the first test we had a container of IntraMD EAA sent to the lab that was purchased from the Vitamin Shoppe. The results of the first test were well below label claim for Hydromax. This was the only ingredient I had tested due to expense. I then had a second test done on IntraMD EAA that was sent directly to the lab from Amazon (where it was purchased), to confirm and verify the first set of tests that were performed. I had hydromax tested again, and added teacrine to this test as well. What you see attached are the result's of the 2nd test. Needless to say it was another substandard result that validated the first.

- NO teacrine was found in the product. - 44% of label claim for Hydromax was found.

These findings are a betrayal of trust that I gave to Prime and is not something I take lightly.

The manufacturer that made this product for Prime is DuraCap labs. The owners of this company were part owners in Prime until just a few days ago.

Many of you have voiced complaints over the last few months, but felt as if you couldn't really do anything about it - well I can. I will stand up for you and for what's right.

This is not a "gut feeling" or me lashing out. This is not a smear campaign. This is pure and simple fact confirmed by rigorous scientific testing that will hold up in court.

I believe that if I tested for the more expensive ingredients such as the branch cyclic dextrin in IntraMD, they would fail to meet label claim as well.

So there are the facts, plain and simple.

This industry is full of people taking advantage of others due to out of control greed. Think long and hard about who you support and do business with. I hope you, the customers are made whole with this information.

On a side note, the brand new majority owner in Prime is a man of integrity and has fought for our rights (he fought against protein spiking), and I believe he is the right man to clean this up.

Last edited:
The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
damn shame, most of these owners are no better than politicians. The greed is unbelievable

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And this is yet another reason why I now simply buy Gatorade if I want intra carbs anymore, or plain dextrose powder. Nobody fakes the cheapest ingredient there is: sugar lol

Always been a Meadows fan, and got to meet him at the Arnold this year. He was exhausted from competing and was still more than happy to chat (even after I creepily followed him out of the bathroom). He's just as nice a guy as he comes off.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Prime and BSL are as shady as you can get IMO.
While I tend to agree with this statement there is also an issue with the manufacturer too I believe. There are several other companies that Duracap makes products for (some I believe may be forum sponsors) so does that also call into question the quality of their products as well?

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
While I tend to agree with this statement there is also an issue with the manufacturer too I believe. There are several other companies that Duracap makes products for (some I believe may be forum sponsors) so does that also call into question the quality of their products as well?
I think that is a larger concern with Duracap and I would def be hesitant going forward with products they are producing if they are willing to do it with Intra-MD EAA+ ( Duracap ) what's to say they are not doing it with other products from/for all the companies they are producing for. I hope we start to see more 3rd party testing I know Aaron had posted redcon1 will post and I hope PJ follows up on blackstone with the same going forward - This of course is just my hopes.

Clearly there is lack of quality control :\

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very true. I've just never really like BSL or Prime though, bit too shilly for me ;) Got a bad vibe.

compan

compan

Awards
It could fall onto either I think. Either the company told them "put this in for the product" or the manufacturer was pulling shady stuff. If it's the first, I am sure there's some documentation somewhere proving it.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So many of these threads, we should have one thread to discuss this stuff. I don't even know where everyone is finding this info!