preventative use of dutasteride

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I'm curious if anybody here on TRT uses this.... I've been reading about it, and it seems that using higher doses might really knock DHT down (maybe too much), but at a lower dose, it might minimize a lot of the effects of DHT on the prostate, etc...

however, the negative effects on libido/ED are a little concerning, as well....

any thoughts?

Edit: a couple interesting links, below

http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/endo-meetings.2010.PART2.OR.OR17-4

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/89/5/2179/2844345

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/89/5/2179/2844345

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting. trtdoc any thoughts on this?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting. trtdoc any thoughts on this?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Studies indicate its stronger at lowering dht than finasteride . I prefer finasteride about 1 mgs eod or ed. Ive even saw research that shows 0.5 or 0.02 lowers dht quite a bit and can be taking twice a week like maybe on trt.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Studies indicate its stronger at lowering dht than finasteride . I prefer finasteride about 1 mgs eod or ed. Ive even saw research that shows 0.5 or 0.02 lowers dht quite a bit and can be taking twice a week like maybe on trt.
have you had any issues with the finasteride? I've heard that they can both cause some ED issues, but since fina has a shorter half life, it's much easier to deal with....

apparently dusteride can hang around up to 6 weeks, or something....

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
have you had any issues with the finasteride? I've heard that they can both cause some ED issues, but since fina has a shorter half life, it's much easier to deal with....

apparently dusteride can hang around up to 6 weeks, or something....
Ive been using finasterside 1 mgs, every day now for a whil. I've done eod day as well and every three days. I do notice lowered libido, using finasteride every day.

Destroying

Awards
Don’t touch dutasteride. Unless you have a big health problem, stay away. As for Finestride, it is ok to take 1/5 of one 5mg tab every week. For me that is an effective dose to keep my prostate a good size and make it so that my hair doesn’t fAll out from the gear. No sides at such a low dose. If not enough you can add saw palmetto every night. If not enough for hair, add Nizoral shampoo. If not enough for prostate you can actually shrink it one time, but shrink it good. It’s nasty but you gotta get a lot of preparation H up in there. Just pretend you have hemmroids and get over it lol. That will completely shrink an enlarged prostate overnight. Then can be more easily managed with the aforementioned drugs.

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
There are entire forums dedicated to recovering from this stuff, I wouldn't touch it unless you have a serious problem.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive been using finasterside 1 mgs, every day now for a whil. I've done eod day as well and every three days. I do notice lowered libido, using finasteride every day.
That's what scares me
My mate takes half a tablet, says no sides but I'm worried

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 0
Anabolics 3
phatmike0704 Anabolics 6
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 4
BigVrunga Anabolics 7