Practical questions

joeaaron118

Awards
Hi Gang,

I said before in a previous question I was done with oral cycles with a TD base. I'm doing an LGD cycle at the moment with an epi andro/ dermacrine base and it's giving me debilitating back pumps.

The gains are good but I just need to fucking pin.

Which brings me to my question and it's going to sound like a bit of an odd one I guess. I live with my partner and she doesn't know that I use AAS, I mean I think she probably has an Idea but doesn't ask me about the pills etc I have delivered. I know for a fact however she would not be a huge fan of me injecting myself.

Now I know that people will say things like "just be open about it bro" which is fine but I think in this case for my marriage it's probably a better a case of don't ask, don't tell and we'll all get on well.

So my question is this, does anyone have an practical advice on hiding your cycles from loved ones, I know I can't be the only one. I'm lucky enough to have a fully stocked powerlifting gym separate from the main house. My main concerns are getting things like needles/syringes delivered discretely and then the disposal of these.

Like I said, I'm probably coming across as a massive pussy but it is what it is. I'm sick of oral cycles, I want to step my game up. My goal is to total 1000kg, I have a coach, I have the equipment I'm all in as well as the gear.

Any help appreciated.

ssg11111

ssg11111

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If you plan on wanting more with her, I would recommend talking with her. Something along the lines of "I've been doing fitness X years and I'm thinking about stepping it up. I've been researching gear and I wanted to discuss it with you first before using. I care about you and about being open with you." Then go into the pros and gauge her reaction. I think hiding something like that is going to cause issues down the line, especially if you end up getting married. Something happens and she finds it without you telling her is going to make her question her trust for you and is going to put a big strain on the relationship.

I don't think youre being a puss by the way. It is a hard issue to broach. Gear is pretty safe, especially when used responsibly, but there is so much disinformation out there regarding it that most normal people seem to conflate gear with serious illegal drugs. Lot of people also seem to think that gear use renders you infertile or has other drastic negatives.

Reactions: Nac
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What is your current weightclass & best total? If you want to do 2,200, juice is absolutely going to be a part in that, but it’s important to understand it’s an enabler not a given. I mean it’s not going to add 700lbs to your maximal potential at any weightclass or anything.

She’s going to figure it out eventually if you really go all-in, so you would be doing yourself a favor now vs explaining things when your are covered in bacne, your body hair becomes way accelerated, you get short-tempered before every comp, she sees you turning red during lifts or finds paraphernalia like bp meds, syringes, etc. When you come home with little holes from self-ordered bloodwork 3-4 times a year. When you are taking tons of supplements every morning to attempt to keep some semblance of health in tact, and when you need to pin refrigerated healing peptides nightly for weeks or months at a time. She’s going to wonder why you are suddenly bothering her for sex all the time, then in a few months you chill out and she’s worried you’re suddenly not that interested.

I mean if you are all-in, this is going to require major buy-in/support eventually from your wife or you won’t reach your goals/your marriage will fail. And I am not exaggerating either. You need a spouse who can give you a pass for your **** when you are getting ready for comp, and who helps accommodate your long training sessions & dietary needs. My wife does this and I do the same for her before shows. We understand it’s a temporary sacrifice for each other to help reach our personal goals.

In the mean time, get a PO Box for your orders and pin your gear in your gym. Get a mini fridge, maybe with a lock, if necessary for peptides.

joeaaron118

Awards
Thanks for the help man, she actually already puts up with most of this from the orals I've been taking. And she's used to me training for 3 hours at a time, makes all my meals etc. The support is huge. I'm also lucky in that I kinda suffered from acne when we met so when I flare up she doesn't question it.

It's literally just the needles and **** I'm worried about to be honest.

Thank you for the advice

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Talk w her about it. Going to her first goes a long way. And make it very clear about how much her opinion matters. You might not get the go ahead, but a good relationship trumps alot of things.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s not ideal but it’s Test cream and gel, I used the cream for a month or so and didn’t feel a difference from my injection. I never tested my levels but from the “feel and look” it was no difference. Test gel might be easier to find but cream is better. Keep in mind, this was no andro bs, it was real prescribed Testosterone cream.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the help man, she actually already puts up with most of this from the orals I've been taking. And she's used to me training for 3 hours at a time, makes all my meals etc. The support is huge. I'm also lucky in that I kinda suffered from acne when we met so when I flare up she doesn't question it.

It's literally just the needles and **** I'm worried about to be honest.

Thank you for the advice
The needles aren’t really a big issue. Easy enough to hide, painless if you are doing things right, you can choose esters that only require a couple total shots per week.

Rarely if I knick a vein though I have had small bruises on my ass that I didn’t even notice - my wife pointed it out.

It’s much nicer that I can just tell her “oh must have been from my Sunday morning shot”. And when it’s time to pin, I say “time to pin” just like I would tell her I’m going to shower.

I was using orals when we got together but have since moved to injectable cycles. Much better overall progress.

It’s not ideal but it’s Test cream and gel, I used the cream for a month or so and didn’t feel a difference from my injection. I never tested my levels but from the “feel and look” it was no difference. Test gel might be easier to find but cream is better. Keep in mind, this was no andro bs, it was real prescribed Testosterone cream.
Better than no base at all certainly, but you & I both know you can’t add any significant mg this way at all. I mean the man is talking about aspiring to total 2,200lbs - you’re going to need some serious horsepower for something like that. And you can only tolerate so many orals for so long; there’s an inherent usage in their ceiling that just gets worse as you age.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Women dont like secrets. When my wife found out I pinned, and she found my stash I didnt tell her, she was most upset and pissed about the fact I hadn't told her than the fact I was injecting. My justification at the time, easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Unless she is absolutely deadset against steroids and pinning, and if you otherwise are a "good" partner (listen to her, make her feel prioritised, etc) then you should come clean to her without fearing her wanting a divorce. My opinion, based on my experience.

I'd have a gameplan though. Like, you need to reassure her this is not like mainlining heroin. Injecting and steronz come with a load of misconception which needs clarification.

Its ultimately obviously your call. But you want her on board. Being sneaky on your missus sux. It can add tension and anxiety and stress and distance in a relationship. Fuk that.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The needles aren’t really a big issue. Easy enough to hide, painless if you are doing things right, you can choose esters that only require a couple total shots per week.

Rarely if I knick a vein though I have had small bruises on my ass that I didn’t even notice - my wife pointed it out.

It’s much nicer that I can just tell her “oh must have been from my Sunday morning shot”. And when it’s time to pin, I say “time to pin” just like I would tell her I’m going to shower.

I was using orals when we got together but have since moved to injectable cycles. Much better overall progress.

Better than no base at all certainly, but you & I both know you can’t add any significant mg this way at all. I mean the man is talking about aspiring to total 2,200lbs - you’re going to need some serious horsepower for something like that. And you can only tolerate so many orals for so long; there’s an inherent usage in their ceiling that just gets worse as you age.
I agree!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
After the fact, I'm with all of these guy's advice..

I say After the fact, because I hid my pinning from my wife.. Unfortunately for me, this was my 1st cycle and my hormones went through the roof!! Lol. I was asking for sess all day every day. She obviously knew something was going on.. Then, my neck, traps & shoulders blew up, where none of my shirts fit.. Again, I denied anything..

My big mouth got me busted.. I told a friend what I was doing and that night, he told his wife, who told my wife that next day...

Lol, my wife is clueless on this stuff.. I knew when she asked me if I was taking testosterone I was busted..

She wasn't upset about me pinning.. she was PISSED that I lied about it..

When I explained that it was actually safer than most of the pills I was taking, she changed her tune..

She still brings up the fact that I lied to her.. FOUR years later....

Long story short, just tell her.. lol

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The huge back pumps you’re getting is interesting…I’ve ran a similar cycle, derm., lgd plus osta, and I think I only did epiandro pre, and didn’t have backpumps…

Are you sure your “lgd, is lgd” …just curious and good luck to ya!

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
After the fact, I'm with all of these guy's advice..

I say After the fact, because I hid my pinning from my wife.. Unfortunately for me, this was my 1st cycle and my hormones went through the roof!! Lol. I was asking for sess all day every day. She obviously knew something was going on.. Then, my neck, traps & shoulders blew up, where none of my shirts fit.. Again, I denied anything..

My big mouth got me busted.. I told a friend what I was doing and that night, he told his wife, who told my wife that next day...

Lol, my wife is clueless on this stuff.. I knew when she asked me if I was taking testosterone I was busted..

She wasn't upset about me pinning.. she was PISSED that I lied about it..

When I explained that it was actually safer than most of the pills I was taking, she changed her tune..

She still brings up the fact that I lied to her.. FOUR years later....

Long story short, just tell her.. lol
To be fair, more than one big mouth in that course of events.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Some good advice above. I’ve also been in your situation and I did hide it for the first year or so.

it’s pretty easy to do, most needle companies have discrete packing options (or you can have it delivered to a mate etc, I had mine delivered to my work address). I also have a separate powerlifting gym set up and have a set of lockers in there. Just padlocked a couple and said it was expensive equipment.

ironically I got a get out of jail free card when I found out my wife was also using and had been hiding it from me, wasn’t sh1t she could say then 🤣

as per Hyde, I have a mini fridge with a lock box in my gym for peptides etc.

in the uk we have needle exchanges for disposal of used sharps, I just pay for a massive bucket (kept in the lockers) and only have to take that to the needle place a couple of times a year.

ultimately though it’s best not to hide stuff like that from your wife. I hid alcoholism for years and then 10 years later she hid an affair - no good ever comes of it 🤷