Post Injection Pain Lasting For Several Days

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Background:
Hi everyone, I just started my first cycle on the 10th of 300mg of GP Test E a week with a goal of going for 10 weeks. I had my first injection on the 10th of 100-125mg of test e, into my right glute. I was a little nervous going in, but everything went well, there was a little pain going and while it was in. After the injection the soreness started settling in just a few minutes later. I hopped in a hot shower soon after and massaged it the whole time and tried to work my leg as much as possible to get the blood flowing. Then later in the day I hit legs while it was moderately sore. The next day it was sore, but not much more than I normally get after a leg workout anyway.

Issue:
I had my second injection on the 15th. It was 150mg this time in my opposite glute. It went in almost completely painlessly and didn't even feel uncomfortable. I hopped in the shower after and massaged it the whole time. It didn't even get sore until about an hour after injection. I decided to hit upper body that day, but by nightfall, my leg was so sore and painful I could barely walk. Its been 2 days since the day of injection, really 3 days total, and its still very sore. Any time I getup or sit down, and I can't bend down or rotate without sharp pain in my hip area.

Question:
Is this normal for virgin muscle? Is it normal that alot of the pain is in my hip area. There is definately still soreness at the site of injection, but theirs also pain when I move located in my hip bone. Is there anything I could do to help it? I've been massaging it periodically and tried a heated rag, and it gives some very temporary relief. The pain and soreness is really only noticeable at this point when moving the leg, like getting up or sitting down. Did I inject the wrong spot or something I'm not supposed to?

Any input is appreciated, Thanks!

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What gauge and length of needle are you using?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Background:
Hi everyone, I just started my first cycle on the 10th of 300mg of GP Test E a week with a goal of going for 10 weeks. I had my first injection on the 10th of 100-125mg of test e, into my right glute. I was a little nervous going in, but everything went well, there was a little pain going and while it was in. After the injection the soreness started settling in just a few minutes later. I hopped in a hot shower soon after and massaged it the whole time and tried to work my leg as much as possible to get the blood flowing. Then later in the day I hit legs while it was moderately sore. The next day it was sore, but not much more than I normally get after a leg workout anyway.

Issue:
I had my second injection on the 15th. It was 150mg this time in my opposite glute. It went in almost completely painlessly and didn't even feel uncomfortable. I hopped in the shower after and massaged it the whole time. It didn't even get sore until about an hour after injection. I decided to hit upper body that day, but by nightfall, my leg was so sore and painful I could barely walk. Its been 2 days since the day of injection, really 3 days total, and its still very sore. Any time I getup or sit down, and I can't bend down or rotate without sharp pain in my hip area.

Question:
Is this normal for virgin muscle? Is it normal that alot of the pain is in my hip area. There is definately still soreness at the site of injection, but theirs also pain when I move located in my hip bone. Is there anything I could do to help it? I've been massaging it periodically and tried a heated rag, and it gives some very temporary relief. The pain and soreness is really only noticeable at this point when moving the leg, like getting up or sitting down. Did I inject the wrong spot or something I'm not supposed to?

Any input is appreciated, Thanks!
How's the soreness on the first site?
Any redness or heat there?

ironranger

ironranger

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's normal for me to get localised pain in the glute for a few days after pinning. Sometimes it feels like I've been kicked by a horse. It does go away eventually. As long as you don't have a burning sensation, or infection, you should be ok

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It's normal for me to get localised pain in the glute for a few days after pinning. Sometimes it feels like I've been kicked by a horse. It does go away eventually. As long as you don't have a burning sensation, or infection, you should be ok
Okay, I guess in the future I'll probably have to make sure I hit legs on day of injection to avoid not being able to do them later in the week.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nope, can't even tell there was an injection there
Then you’re fine. When I first started injected I could barely walk on my leg for the first 5-6 injections so for about 2 months. Then it got better. Some people reaction strongly to virgin muscle and some don’t. I litterally could not sit on the couch for weeks and had to lay on my chest. Same for sleep.

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It’s possible some of the oil may have leaked into fat tissue. It’s super painful when that happens, but it passes. Ibuprofen works really well for that kind of pain, and it decreases the inflammation.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been pinning my hips, but they have no fat on them so I can use a small needle. also only doing 20 unit injections. I usually get no pain but sometimes you feel it the next day

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It’s possible some of the oil may have leaked into fat tissue. It’s super painful when that happens, but it passes. Ibuprofen works really well for that kind of pain, and it decreases the inflammation.
Is there any tips or tricks to prevent that from happening? I've seen some people say to massage right after injection, and others say not too as it could cause it to leak into fat.

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I’ve never massaged the area, but I’ve noticed being too active immediately after injecting leads to more soreness for me. If it’s already got PIP, then getting more circulation to the area helps in that case for me though.

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whenever I hit gluteus maximus I’m sore all week. I always go for gluteus medius (or delts) I’ve found these to have the least amount of PIP.

It’s the top outer corner of your ass cheek

Go to where your butt crack starts and go all the way to the end of the cheek. Easiest place to pin.

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Whenever I hit gluteus maximus I’m sore all week. I always go for gluteus medius (or delts) I’ve found these to have the least amount of PIP.

It’s the top outer corner of your ass cheek

Go to where your butt crack starts and go all the way to the end of the cheek. Easiest place to pin.
So each of my ass cheeks are pretty 3-dimensional. Should i just follow the curve all the way to my hip bone?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So each of my ass cheeks are pretty 3-dimensional. Should i just follow the curve all the way to my hip bone?
Have you ever watched any YouTube videos on pinning?
They're pretty helpful in the beginning.

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you flex your ass you can see this muscle. It’s a few inches before your hip. It’s so easy it’s hard to explain.

Check YouTube or look up a diagram of the muscle

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I use delts most of the time, I think it’s easier and more painless than glutes. Also, for some reason I still get pip (sometimes) in my left glute but never in my right… 🤷🏻‍♂️
Do you think that has anything to do with which hand you're using to inj? (Serious)

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you think that has anything to do with which hand you're using to inj? (Serious)
I have a similar situation with my hips. I think one muscle is bigger so it can hold more volume

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No idea why, it’s weird, lol, maybe I’m not as steady with my left hand.
I think a lot of guys aren't.

.... Honestly, a lot of guys (that I've talked to) don't use Glutes because of Dexterity issues.

I personally prefer glutes, by far.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

.... Honestly, a lot of guys (that I've talked to) don't use Glutes because of Dexterity issues.

I also think that I have issues to get the oil out of a 25g and moving around the needle, I should go back to 23g. But saying that, I never have issues with my delts.

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Have you ever watched any YouTube videos on pinning?
They're pretty helpful in the beginning.
I've watched as many as I could find. I was super paranoid about getting the right spot and still kinda am lol. The main issue with those videos is the perspective. Its not the twisted rotation I have to view my glute in so the videos always feel different than the real thing. That's why I haven't tried pinning Ventri-Glute/Glutius Medius. I don't wana accidentally hit one of my bones or veins.

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
When you flex your ass you can see this muscle. It’s a few inches before your hip. It’s so easy it’s hard to explain.

Check YouTube or look up a diagram of the muscle
I'll try giving this a shot. Thanks!

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Funny thing is, so far the pain has been worse in my left glute, but I feel like I've done a better job pinning it. I've literally twisted the needle around in my right, but only got pip for a couple days.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Funny thing is, so far the pain has been worse in my left glute, but I feel like I've done a better job pinning it. I've literally twisted the needle around in my right, but only got pip for a couple days.
Sometimes it's difficult to "pin down" (LOL) the exact cause.

Like someone said earlier ... Some guys do get more discomfort than others.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Best advice anyone can give you....always have anti-biotics in the house in case of an emergency.

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Best advice anyone can give you....always have anti-biotics in the house in case of an emergency.
In the event of an infection, is taking anti-biotics myself a good idea, or should I go to a doctor. My plan was to go to a tele-medicine clinic and see if they could give me a prescription. I pray that it never goes that far though!

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Oh yah, is it okay to pin my glutes while they are still somewhat sore? I can walk, squat and move them, but they are definitely still sore. I need to pin soon though, so I can get two pins in the week before thanksgiving since that will be too busy a weekend for me.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In the event of an infection, is taking anti-biotics myself a good idea, or should I go to a doctor. My plan was to go to a tele-medicine clinic and see if they could give me a prescription. I pray that it never goes that far though!
I always kept Amox/Cipro at the house, the Dr. is going to put you on Anti-B's anyway, so you want to treat it as soon as symptoms show up. I'm not saying don't go to the Dr. but he/she will essentially do the same thing...unless you've waited too long and becomes an abscess.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I always kept Amox/Cipro at the house, the Dr. is going to put you on Anti-B's anyway, so you want to treat it as soon as symptoms show up. I'm not saying don't go to the Dr. but he/she will essentially do the same thing...unless you've waited too long and becomes an abscess.
if you wanna keep antibiotics on hand that's cool but you could prevent a lot of infections by injecting glutathione regularly I think

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Speaking as someone who’s been hospitalized for MRSA infections, always see a doctor if you’re in doubt. Oral medications are losing their effectiveness these days, so multiple ones may be required at once depending on the infection. It’s better to see a doctor and treat it early than having to stay over night in the ER with IV antibiotics.

Last edited:
Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Speaking someone who’s been hospitalized for MRSA infections, always see a doctor if you’re in doubt. Oral medications are losing their effectiveness these days, so multiple ones may be required at once depending on the infection. It’s better to see a doctor and treat it early than having to stay over night in the ER with IV antibiotics.
Sometimes antibiotics just won't cut it

Rbnbrb

Awards
i pin quads and the pain some times last for some days especially if i squat a lot the week i shoot on quads.I never had an infection from pinning but i have many painfull memories it happens

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I remember when I ran DHB, it was the weirdest thing ever, my Monday injection wouldn’t get PIP till like Friday or Saturday. And my god it was painful, remember having to lean over oddly when driving to take pressure off of which ever cheek was lastly injected lol.

defactolordswinger

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I remember when I ran DHB, it was the weirdest thing ever, my Monday injection wouldn’t get PIP till like Friday or Saturday. And my god it was painful, remember having to lean over oddly when driving to take pressure off of which ever cheek was lastly injected lol.
That puts me at alot more ease. I think i'll just try to do left glute towards the end of the week, since its the only problematic site so far.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That puts me at alot more ease. I think i'll just try to do left glute towards the end of the week, since its the only problematic site so far.
That’s also DHB though and not test, DHB is notorious for incredible painful PIP, the only time I’ve ever got PIP from test was my very first injection ever, it wasn’t anything crazy. Just felt like someone punched me hard in the butt, only lasted a couple days.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
But if it’s just a little sore, and the injection site looks normal. I wouldn’t be too concerned.

There’s been many times when injecting the same compound where sometimes the next day it’s sore, while sometimes it isn’t whatsoever.