Post Cycle Cutting

Joedub86

Awards
  • Best Answer
I need some advice. I’m just finishing up a 16 week cycle. I made some pretty good gains but put on more fat than I would’ve liked. I wouldn’t mind to keep bulking for a while because I know you can sometimes makes even more gains post cycle. However, I’m going to the beach in 3 months and want to uncover the gains I’ve made by losing fat. I’m worried though that if I start cutting too soon I’ll miss out on potential gains. Should I start losing fat immediately or wait another month?

How do you usually approach something like this? By the way, I’m on TRT so I’ll hopefully not lose as much of my gains as I normally would.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would go another 4 weeks at maintenance based on your new weight to let all the gains solidify and then go with a good 8 week cut until the beach. If you're strict with diet and lift heavy with HIIT sessions you should be able to make great progress in 8 weeks. I know you just finished a blast but maybe run one of the epiandro/androsterone products for the last 6 weeks leading up to the beach, they are super mild and both give me a great full, lean look and the androsterone definitely helps me drop mid section fat.

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On a side note I'm looking forward to my first cut later this spring since starting TRT.. I've had super low test for years and just been spinning my wheels between bulk (get a little stronger and a bunch fatter) and then cut (lose strength and muscle and look skinny fat) so let me know how it goes

Joedub86

Awards
  • Best Answer
I would go another 4 weeks at maintenance based on your new weight to let all the gains solidify and then go with a good 8 week cut until the beach. If you're strict with diet and lift heavy with HIIT sessions you should be able to make great progress in 8 weeks. I know you just finished a blast but maybe run one of the epiandro/androsterone products for the last 6 weeks leading up to the beach, they are super mild and both give me a great full, lean look and the androsterone definitely helps me drop mid section fat.
Thanks man.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah as above you need some time to solidify those gains, you’ll drop lean mass pretty easy as your body wants to return back to its previous status (remember you are making your body do something it doesn’t want to do when you force it to build muscle - our bodies like homeostasis and they try fucking hard to stay there).

honestly I like a 3 month maintenance - I get the beach issue. My suggestion would be to maintain or even add a little more and just show up looking big

but if your desperate to cut a little then 4-6 weeks maintain and then cut for 6-8 but with heavy lifting to give a reason for the muscle to stay is the next best option imo

Joedub86

Awards
  • Best Answer
On a side note I'm looking forward to my first cut later this spring since starting TRT.. I've had super low test for years and just been spinning my wheels between bulk (get a little stronger and a bunch fatter) and then cut (lose strength and muscle and look skinny fat) so let me know how it goes
That actually describes how I’ve been for several years. I never thought I could have low T because I had muscle and not a bad body, but that was before I educated myself on it. I’ve been doing TRT for about 4 months and feel a lot better and able to gain more muscle and drop fat more easily. The only reason I’ve gained so much fat this past cycle was because I’ve been eating at a severely high calorie surplus. I’m hoping being on TRT will help me keep almost all of my muscle gains and drop fat much quicker and more easily.

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well you're lucky then man,I never even looked like I worked out with fairly consistent training since I was 25. I'm 34 now, went on in September and feel great and finally look like I lift now. Good luck with the cut.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great advice from the gents above imo and this is exactly what I would've said given your situation:
I would go another 4 weeks at maintenance based on your new weight to let all the gains solidify and then go with a good 8 week cut until the beach.
If going to use the Androsterone/Epiandro that was suggested, then Iconic Formulations have a td product called Ultra Hard, that has the Androsterone and Epiandro both in the same product. Worth a look (no affiliation here).

Also here's some discussion on your 'task at hand'.