Pondering a question on clen

DBdude

DBdude

Awards
  • Established
SOO, clenbuterol stimulates the beta 2 receptors. I believe I'm correct in saying they are found in multiple places over our bodies including our fat cells. When someone gains large amounts of weight their fat cell population increases. If someone who had a higher fat % goes on a cut and loses weight, they should have a higher response to clembuterol due to a higher amount of fat cells and more abundance of receptors. Right?

Noumenon

Awards
I was under the impression that fat cells don't MULTIPLY, rather they GROW. But don't look at me that's something I heard from a health teacher back in the eight grade, I really have no idea.

DBdude

DBdude

Awards
  • Established
I was under the impression that fat cells don't MULTIPLY, rather they GROW. But don't look at me that's something I heard from a health teacher back in the eight grade, I really have no idea.
I herd that too, but this says otherwise, I Cant post URL's yet but heres the link to the research,

h*t*t*p://ajpendo.physiology.org/cgi/content/abstract/235/3/E279

Summed up, It shows an increase in size AND number of fat cells in deposits when given a higher fat diet to induce weight gain.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You can have adipocyte hyperplasia, but it takes quite some time to occur and occurs in obese patients. Usually, they do just expand and contract.

DBdude

DBdude

Awards
  • Established
You can have adipocyte hyperplasia, but it takes quite some time to occur and occurs in obese patients. Usually, they do just expand and contract.
Ahh this is where I am curious, I will be starting clenbuterol within the next week or so. And during my younger years I did powerlifting and I was a fat guy(200lbs middle school, 270lbs Highschool, stayed fat till a year ago. So i got 10 years of fat-ness. I have a feeling thats plenty of time for fat cells to multiply.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ahh this is where I am curious, I will be starting clenbuterol within the next week or so. And during my younger years I did powerlifting and I was a fat guy(200lbs middle school, 270lbs Highschool, stayed fat till a year ago. So i got 10 years of fat-ness. I have a feeling thats plenty of time for fat cells to multiply.
Actually, probably not. Between puberty and the activity, I doubt there was much hyperplasia. We're talking about years, maybe even decades, before this kind of thing happens.

DBdude

DBdude

Awards
  • Established
I disagree, The study I found yielded the results after only a few months of a high fat diet. So i believe fat hyperplasia is realistic after 10 years of obesity

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I disagree, The study I found yielded the results after only a few months of a high fat diet. So i believe fat hyperplasia is realistic after 10 years of obesity
Yes, the RAT study showed this, but humans and rats are not the same species.

DBdude

DBdude

Awards
  • Established
Yes, the RAT study showed this, but humans and rats are not the same species.
touche, But they are good analogs when it comes to how the cells react and develop. This isn't seeing how chemicals influence them, Just how their bodies respond to excess calories. And I can't see why our bodies would respond any differently.

Edit: Here is a study with humans showing fat cell multiplication relative to weight(nature.com/ijo/journal/v27/n8/abs/0802314a.html)