Plexus Slim / ProBio5 alternatives for female

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
My wife started taking Plexus Slim and their ProBio5 probiotic last month. I kinda figured it wouldn't work at all, but she's somewhat pleased with what's happening. She's not a fan of the hard core fat burners and stuff that I use, and views the Plexus stuff as safer, although I'm not even sure that's the case. I have to think there are way better quality options out there.

Anyone have any suggestions for weight loss and probiotic supps for women?

The Slim contains -
Chromium
Proprietary blend of Green coffee bean extract (contains chlorogenic acid and less than 2% natural caffeine), Garcinia cambogia fruit extract, alpha lipoic acid.
Other Ingredients: Polydextrose, citric acid, natural flavors, beet extract (for color), stevia leaf (Stevia rebaudiana) extract, luo han-guo fruit extract, guar gum, silicon dioxid

And the ProBio5 contains -
Proprietary Blend* (200 mg)
Proteases
Chitosanase*(from bacillus coagulans)
Cellulase
Peptizyme SP
Probiotic Blend (100 mg)
Bacillus Coagulans
L. Acidophilus
B. Longum
L. Plantarum
S. Boulardi
Antioxidant Blend
Vitamin C* (150 mg)
Vitamin B6* (2.5 mg)
Grape Seed Extract 25 mg

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My cousin sells Plexus and I had to delete her on Facebook and Instagram lol

Get either a NOW probiotic or Evomuse Gut Health.

Fat burner I'd go for Caffeine tabs and Bronkaid. 200mg Caffeine and 1 Bronkaid 2-3 times a day 4 hours apart. It's great for appetitive suppression, it has studies proving its safety for weeks at a time, and most people get a good boost in energy with it.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
The Slim contains -

Chromium GDA'ish

Proprietary blend Sucks don't buy just for this reason

Green coffee bean extract (contains chlorogenic acid and less than 2% natural caffeine) Data is weak as heck for "fat burning" better for GDA like properties

Garcinia cambogia fruit extract More weak human data for "fat loss"

alpha lipoic acid R or S? No matter, prop blend says miniscule amount. More GDA
As far as the Probiotic, use ACV, Sauerkraut and Greek Yogurt. You can get Schiff Coagulans Gummies in a giant container at Sam's, and Swanson's has L-Reuteri for cheap. Research shows that you can dose EOD and keep the increased flora numbers up. Probably cheaper than that ProBio5million thing...

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
My cousin sells Plexus and I had to delete her on Facebook and Instagram lol

Get either a NOW probiotic or Evomuse Gut Health.

Fat burner I'd go for Caffeine tabs and Bronkaid. 200mg Caffeine and 1 Bronkaid 2-3 times a day 4 hours apart. It's great for appetitive suppression, it has studies proving its safety for weeks at a time, and most people get a good boost in energy with it.
Thanks for the recommendations! I've mentioned the caffeine + bronkaid to her, but she's not having it since that's kinda a gray area for using bronkaid. Unfortunately even though it's probably just as safe, if not even safer than Plexus, it's just not perceived that way...

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
As far as the Probiotic, use ACV, Sauerkraut and Greek Yogurt. You can get Schiff Coagulans Gummies in a giant container at Sam's, and Swanson's has L-Reuteri for cheap. Research shows that you can dose EOD and keep the increased flora numbers up. Probably cheaper than that ProBio5million thing...
Thank you sir. Appreciate the feedback and suggestions. Will pass along and see what I can do with that!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The complex is nothing more than a bunch of probiotics which you can get inexpensively. You might want to look into something more for fat loss. If she doesn't want all the stims you might want to look into something like SNS thyrocaps or TTA-500. These are nonstim fatburners. Reduce XT is also a great choice for nonstim as it effects cortisol.