Please recommend me a new routine. (help!)

riceandbeans

Awards
Hey guys, I've hit a real bump in the road as far as lifting goes. Been working a lot of hours and battling some personal issues and that has all kept me out of the gym and deteriorated my diet. I consider myself an intermediate level lifter. I'm really determined to get back in and start lifting hard again and making progress. I have 4 days a week to lift, maybe 5 but I can't count on that. Do any of you have a routine in mind you would recommend to me? Thanks fellas.

pcmolter

pcmolter

Awards
Hey guys, I've hit a real bump in the road as far as lifting goes. Been working a lot of hours and battling some personal issues and that has all kept me out of the gym and deteriorated my diet. I consider myself an intermediate level lifter. I'm really determined to get back in and start lifting hard again and making progress. I have 4 days a week to lift, maybe 5 but I can't count on that. Do any of you have a routine in mind you would recommend to me? Thanks fellas.
I started using Kettlebell and dumbells at my house, i usually only excercise no more than 30 minutes, either TABATA or doing sets. I really like kettlebells, there are 250 excercises you can do with them. Ive lost 20 lbs

pcmolter

pcmolter

Awards
This is the after and before pic, i was diagnosed with prediabetes and its reversed

riceandbeans

Awards
Really impressive brother! I've gotten pretty interested in using kettle bells myself on days I don't train normally.

pcmolter

pcmolter

Awards
Kettlebell fatBUZZ
Heres my youtube page i have fun with it your more than welcome view it for excercise ideas, my friends always called me about my workout program so i made this page to share.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
booneman77 modified 5 Day PHAT program. Easy to do 4 or 5 days per week

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Look into HST. Full body workouts, 3-4x/week and it's built on scientifically proven principles. I know I personally saw a great deal of visible improvement and I know a number of others on this board have as well.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ll second the HST recommendation. I just did 2 6 week cycles of it and had some nice recoup going on

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are many routines, but again in truth, the magic/gains will be in your consistency, effort and dedication to just getting or making yourself better.
IMO, pick a known one and stick to it for a good while.

4 days per week is plenty of days per, to get to nearly 95% of your potential. Even 3 days is plenty.

Here are the points that will make the difference and the points that are most likely in every top program, from Starting Strength to 5x5's to 531 to, (should I go on?)

Use the big *5-7 compound exercises first and fore most
Be consistent with making the workouts every week
Add weight to the bar when you can
Eat enough and or the better foods/fresh is best
Rest and recover
Repeat

*Compounds of note...
Squats
Deadlifts
Leg Pressing
Rowing/chinning
OH Pressing (preferably standing perhaps)
Bench or Incline Pressing and or dips
Some abs or core stability work

The biggest concentration on these movements, done consistently with multi sets and reps (for the most part) will produce big systemic changes in body mass and strength.
Afterwards any smaller muscle or iso work ie. limbs etc. etc. will work.

Try not to get caught up in the little stuff but just concentrate on the first top points.

riceandbeans

Awards
Thanks fellas! I appreciate the suggestions. I like upper lower workouts and set one up with good compound movements. Using an upper body horizontal push/pull day, a vertical push/pull day, and lower body quad focused and hamstring focused day may end up trying that one out for a while.

riceandbeans

Awards
I’ll second the HST recommendation. I just did 2 6 week cycles of it and had some nice recoup going on
I've heard of HST but never tried it out. What did you do?