Please help advice is wanted!!

NoahsArk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Okay I’m 6’4 265ish
I’ve never been on the side of heavy until now, how do I lose weight?
Should I just do a long water fast?
I’ll be buying dmma soon to aid with suppressing my appetite as well.
Any advice would be welcome.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How old are you? What do you think your percentage of body fat is? Natural?

I think you can probably do something that is more productive than just jumping to a water fast.

Without knowing the answers above I can make an educated guess that you have about 60 pounds to lose, and you are around 30-35% bodyfat - but I am basing those numbers off estimates if the general, natural population. However, if you are natural, it is relatively unlikely this guess is too far off.

Given this, I would highly recommend you get a meal tracking app and start weighing, measuring and logging everything that you eat. Everyone always wants to start with details, but getting an idea of precisely what is going on right now will give everyone an easier we at if suggesting lasting changes. Logging is usually a real eye opening experience for most of us anyway - we are all pretty dishonest with ourselves when it comes to this stuff.

General advice, if you have a job that isn't highly active, you probably burn about 2,800 calories per day. Most people will say to drop a small amount - 300-500 calories per day and increase exercise by that same amount. This will lead to 1-2 pounds of fat loss per week. If course, these guidelines often make people think they should lose 2 pounds a week and they aren't weighing and logging and then they have a cheat and all these inaccuracies lead to a real loss of 0.5 pounds or less per week and they wonder why they stall.

With over 50 pounds to lose, I think something a little more aggressive could be in order - say, dropping 750-1000 calories per day and keep the exercise moderate - try getting an extra 300-500 calories/day worth of exercise.

Keep protein high, for you around 225 is good to start but as you get leaner, 200 grams will be fine.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I think you can probably do something that is more productive than just jumping to a water fast.

Without knowing the answers above I can make an educated guess that you have about 60 pounds to lose, and you are around 30-35% bodyfat - but I am basing those numbers off estimates if the general, natural population. However, if you are natural, it is relatively unlikely this guess is too far off.

Given this, I would highly recommend you get a meal tracking app and start weighing, measuring and logging everything that you eat. Everyone always wants to start with details, but getting an idea of precisely what is going on right now will give everyone an easier we at if suggesting lasting changes. Logging is usually a real eye opening experience for most of us anyway - we are all pretty dishonest with ourselves when it comes to this stuff.

General advice, if you have a job that isn't highly active, you probably burn about 2,800 calories per day. Most people will say to drop a small amount - 300-500 calories per day and increase exercise by that same amount. This will lead to 1-2 pounds of fat loss per week. If course, these guidelines often make people think they should lose 2 pounds a week and they aren't weighing and logging and then they have a cheat and all these inaccuracies lead to a real loss of 0.5 pounds or less per week and they wonder why they stall.

With over 50 pounds to lose, I think something a little more aggressive could be in order - say, dropping 750-1000 calories per day and keep the exercise moderate - try getting an extra 300-500 calories/day worth of exercise.

Keep protein high, for you around 225 is good to start but as you get leaner, 200 grams will be fine.
Just look at his other post. He is a spammer. Not worth answering

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

This is good advice for anyone looking to lose weight / fat !!

NoahsArk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

I'm down to 230 now :)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
semi-water fast
plus used a veggie juicer
Even at a total water fast you wouldn't lose that...That is a 10,000 calorie/day deficit. Even if half of it is water, which I doubt, that's 5,000 cals/day deficit. You would have to run a marathon every day and not eat anything to do that.

If you really lost 35 pounds since you first posted, get to the ER immediately.