Please critique cutting cycle - Input appreciated

Rk6187

Awards
Good Evening Everyone,

I've been doing a bit of research lately and have been advised, rightfully as so, to do as much research as possible regarding my first prospective PH cutting cycle. Though initially I was looking into Epistane due to its versatility and the shear number of logs and information out there for cutting, I have also been looking into some other products as well. I understand that there are risks involved with all PHs but that they can be minimized with proper cycling, diet, exercise, and preparation in advance. I have been lifting for approx. 8-10 years and would certainly like to do this the correct way rather than screwing myself over. A bit about myself: Male, ~31, 208 lbs, approx. 13-14% BF (caliper measurements). My diet is clean and I usually am on IF all year around, cycling complex carbs on my workout days. My current staple supps are as follows: Oximega Fish Oil, Multi-Pro 32x, SNS Cissus, Whey Isolate, Green Mag, Scivation Xtend. GOAL: get down to 10-11% BF while maintaining as much muscle as possible. In addition to Epistane, I have considered Helladrol (however, I cannot find it), Katanadrol, and Mechabol. I will be running a pre-load cycle in preparation with proper support supps, intracycle support, and PCT (nolva, clomid or torem - rui). Pre-and intra-support supps will be carried into the PCT and an AI (like foremaron or erase pro) will likely be added in addition to LX. The following are a potential setup of each of the aforementioned compounds.

LG Sciences Platinum Andro Cutting Kit (4 week cycle x 1 or 2) - If 1 run, I would just use the form XT provided, if 2 based on response to the first 4 weeks I would use a SERM

Mechabol (6 weeks) 75, 75, 75, 100, 100, 100 based on tolerance and body response (nolva 20/20/10/10 or clomid 50/50/25/25)
Katanadrol (6 weeks) 2 caps, 2 caps, 2 caps, 3 caps, 3 caps, 3 caps based on tolerance/dry joints etc (PCT as above or Torem)

I was very interested in some of the things that I read about Helladrol (of course its gone - one bottle on ebay for $250 = not happening) along with Oxandrovar (but I think I wouldn't run this as this is far advanced for a novice like me, also no longer available). I'm also learning more about Osta-shred but am not sure if it would get me to my goals. I am currently following a log of Ostashred on AM to see if it is something I may want to experiment with later.

If you recommend combining any of them for a first PH cycle please let me know if there would be a potential additive advantage and rationale. I don't plan on changing my diet significantly, outside of perhaps accommodating increased complex carb intake on workout days, while continuing to drink 3-4 liters of water a day. Please be open as I would like to be educated and while I don't mind being humbled on the topic as I am a novice learner, I would rather make it productive and a learned experience.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
GOAL: get down to 10-11% BF while maintaining as much muscle as possible.
You can do that naturally

Rk6187

Awards
Hi Alex I appreciate your advice. But next to starvation I'm not sure from a diet standpoint what changes I can make for calorie control. I'm guessing I could add in more cardio but with IF pretty much all that's recommended is LISS. Can you explain if there is something specifically wrong with my plan or is it just experiential? I agree that PH is not first choice for achieving results but I just feel like I've plateaued over the past two years despite having made changed to my diet training and rest. I've tried some other sups like LX and DCP with negligible results while being on a 500 -700 calorie deficit with minimal success. Please believe me I'm not looking for a shortcut but just advice on proper implementation.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Hi Alex I appreciate your advice. But next to starvation I'm not sure from a diet standpoint what changes I can make for calorie control. I'm guessing I could add in more cardio but with IF pretty much all that's recommended is LISS. Can you explain if there is something specifically wrong with my plan or is it just experiential? I agree that PH is not first choice for achieving results but I just feel like I've plateaued over the past two years despite having made changed to my diet training and rest. I've tried some other sups like LX and DCP with negligible results while being on a 500 -700 calorie deficit with minimal success. Please believe me I'm not looking for a shortcut but just advice on proper implementation.
There is nothing really wrong with it no
What I would do though is diet to 10% naturally. You can do this just by reducing calories and I would keep carbs low but not ultra low 1g/lb is fine
Then I'd put in the drugs and I'd reduce calories further and actually diet to leaner than you want to be. This will lower your body fat set point and you'll find maintaining the new body weight a lot easier as you gain a bit of weight after you stop dieting

Rk6187

Awards
So would you say that by using PH as those described in my initial post with the proper diet can actually get me lower than my goals? Obviously your point is taken that I would wait to start PH use and get down further in bf% before taking them. What are your recommendations on the LISS?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
So would you say that by using PH as those described in my initial post with the proper diet can actually get me lower than my goals? Obviously your point is taken that I would wait to start PH use and get down further in bf% before taking them. What are your recommendations on the LISS?
Honestly getting to 10% is a joke, 8% is a joke and can easily be done naturally just by putting down the fork. You won't lose muscle but you will flatten out when carbs are low but just eat more carbs and you'll fill out again, simple as that. For cardio just do 20-30 minutes 2-3 times a day and keep HR at 120-150

Rk6187

Awards
Quite honestly I will follow your advice till I get down to 10-11% before taking the plunge. Once I get to 10%ish I will reach back to you for more open advice if you don't mind. Any other advice is welcome of course. Are there any non stim fat burner sups that you're familiar with other than those that I've mentioned that I didn't have success with?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Quite honestly I will follow your advice till I get down to 10-11% before taking the plunge. Once I get to 10%ish I will reach back to you for more open advice if you don't mind. Any other advice is welcome of course. Are there any non stim fat burner sups that you're familiar with other than those that I've mentioned that I didn't have success with?
Honestly fat burners do not work that well at all. Even exercise is pretty inefficient. 30 minutes of cardio will be maybe 300kcal at best. Best off saving your energy, doing some light cardio and just eating less