Playoffs are nearing

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Caught the end of the game last night. Surprised at the outcome. But lets consider that the Tigers came off of a 7 game winning streak, sweeping the Yankees for 3 and the A's for 4.

Kenny Rogers going to warm up The Motor City tonight? I'll be watching just to see the tightly wound madman. What is he, 7 hits in 14-15 innings?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All I can say is kenny rogers was amazing tonight. 23 scoreless innings in the post season is unreal....On a side note he did a great job avoiding the "pine tar" question in his post game interview :rolleyes:

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
I thought all you Yanks and Sox were out playing golf or watching football now. :rasp: Did I say that? I'm just dissappointed that the Cards didn't really battle at the plate.

They gave Rogers a "hall pass" re: the sh1t on his hand. Regular season game it would have been treated much differently.

He's remarkable for a 41 year old....hell, a 29 year old. But now it goes back to Busch Stadium where the Cardinals can still afford to drop one. So much for "the AL will sweep in three." I think the saying goes, "it's not really a series until the home team loses." Looks like we got ourselves a series.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
3-1 Redbirds.....Should they hold Carpenter off until a possible game 7? I'm not yet sure.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
better game last night but detroit really needs to fix their defense. at this rate, they're going to take the 'choke artist' title from the yanks.