Planning the first test cycle

Bon20

Awards
Hey guys
All help and feedback is welcome.
I want to plan my first test cycle and I want to be prepared, and plan that my training diet and personal life harmonize with the test circle.
And looking to have everything I need at home, including the PCT products.

a little info about me:
I am 174 cm tall
weighs approx.154 lbs
38 years
I think my fat percentage is somewhere between 12-14%. My abdominal muscles are visible.

My old pr is while I weighed 143 lbs : 220lbs on bench, 347lbs on sqauts, and 418lbs on Deadlift. I expect to reach my old pr. within 4-8 weeks.
I train strength training 3 times a week, martial arts 3-6 times a week and running train approx. 1-2 times a week.

I have done a little research, and it is very different what is recommended for the first cycle.
Some places I read that the first cycle should be 8 weeks, elsewhere 10, 12 or 14 weeks.
And there are also various suggestions for the amount of testo from 300mg to 500mg.
Would it make sense to run a bulk and cut in the same cycle?
eg.
week 1-9 bulk with 500mg testosterone
week 10-16 cut with 200mg testosterone
Week 1-20 250ui HCG EOD
week 18-20 PCT
AI, I think first to start when I see signs of gyno?

Blood tests before I start and when I stop the cycle, and twice as needed so I can adjust while I am on testosteron.

The goal is to look natural when I finish the cycle, not too much bodybuilder, more lean and strong looking.
Does that sound like a good plan?
Do you guys have suggestions and input for it?
Is it a good idea to bulk and cut in the same cycle?
I would at most add a bit of HGH if it can be recommended, otherwise I would like to keep it as simple as possible.
I have not tried it before, therefore I think it will be smartest to concentrate on my diet, trening and possibly. side effects.
The 2 side effects that worry me the most are guno and if I lose my hair😅

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Couple things, it never makes sense to bulk and cut in the same cycle, you're just going to lose whatever games you made when you start cutting in the same cycle. Another thing. Bulking takes small amounts of gear when you're cutting you need to maintain muscle in a caloric defect which takes larger amounts of gear so you want to use your lower doses bulking and you're higher doses cutting or at least an equal amount. Every real bodybuilder on the planet runs lower doses in the off season and higher doses when their contest prepping. It also doesn't make sense to lower your doses later in the cycle you want to start the cycle with low doses and add more as you go to compensate.

So you would want to start with say 300mg a week and use food to drive your gains. After say 6 weeks, be honest with yourself have you been eating as much as you should have been have you been missing meals etc are you working out as hard as you can. If you're doing all of those things correctly and the scale stops moving you can add more food or you can increase your dose to say 450/500.

But if you start your cycle at 500 and you're attempting to bulk, and then later in your cycle you're reducing your food and reducing your gear you're going to lose muscle.

Also, even on steroids the muscle building process is still fairly slow in a really good bulking cycle you might gain 30 lb but only like 8 to 10 is actually going to be muscle.

Run your cycle pick one goal and after your cycle is completed spend a couple of months trying to maintain whatever it is that you built after that reassess your goals and it's time for another cycle.

Hope that was helpful

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
How old are you? Are you prone to hair loss? I'd suggest having some Exemestane on hand just in case you experience heavy aromatization. You'll definitely want baseline bloods and you'll want to check again around week 3-4.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also seeing how it's your first cycle, you're probably going to have a lot of body recomposition going on anyways. Know what your maintenance calories are going into this cycle and just slowly increase them as the weeks go on.

I noticed you said first test cycle, does that imply that you've ran prohormones or sarms or something like that in the past? If so you may consider adding one of those things that you already have used before on the back end of your cycle in the final four to six weeks

Bon20

Awards
Couple things, it never makes sense to bulk and cut in the same cycle, you're just going to lose whatever games you made when you start cutting in the same cycle. Another thing. Bulking takes small amounts of gear when you're cutting you need to maintain muscle in a caloric defect which takes larger amounts of gear so you want to use your lower doses bulking and you're higher doses cutting or at least an equal amount. Every real bodybuilder on the planet runs lower doses in the off season and higher doses when their contest prepping. It also doesn't make sense to lower your doses later in the cycle you want to start the cycle with low doses and add more as you go to compensate.

So you would want to start with say 300mg a week and use food to drive your gains. After say 6 weeks, be honest with yourself have you been eating as much as you should have been have you been missing meals etc are you working out as hard as you can. If you're doing all of those things correctly and the scale stops moving you can add more food or you can increase your dose to say 450/500.

But if you start your cycle at 500 and you're attempting to bulk, and then later in your cycle you're reducing your food and reducing your gear you're going to lose muscle.

Also, even on steroids the muscle building process is still fairly slow in a really good bulking cycle you might gain 30 lb but only like 8 to 10 is actually going to be muscle.

Run your cycle pick one goal and after your cycle is completed spend a couple of months trying to maintain whatever it is that you built after that reassess your goals and it's time for another cycle.

Hope that was helpful

Ok, that makes good sense.
Startning with low dosage testosteron and add more with time.
Then a break of a few months and then start with cycle no. 2 which will then be cut cycle.

I'm fine with just gaining 6lbs of muscle mass in total after the cutting.
How long should the first cycle be?
And can I adjust the amount of testosteron using blood test results?

I have always bulk and cut using diet and exercise adjustment only befor.
I have so far had no problems with eating and be in calorie surplus or be in calorie deficit, and still feel comfortable, and have good with energy and surplus.

I have never tried sarms or anything other than creatine :) Many years ago I tried ECA for 14 days and yohimbine hcl for 7 days. And I will never do that again. I had panic attacks of yohimbine, and mood swings of ECA.

Bon20

Awards
How old are you? Are you prone to hair loss? I'd suggest having some Exemestane on hand just in case you experience heavy aromatization. You'll definitely want baseline bloods and you'll want to check again around week 3-4.
There is no one in my family.
But I find for myself that I sometimes get a little thin-haired.

Will Arimidex be as good as Exemestane?

Baseline blood test, and then first blood test 3-4 weeks inside the cycle.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Personally I prefer Exem. It's much harder to crash your E2 with it.
Not to mention exem is healthier. But to op, yes arimidex will work. Keep it on hand and use as needed. No reason to start taking a bunch of it on 300 mg of testosterone unless you notice that you need it. As far as how long a first cycle should be that's kind of a tough one, the majority of people are going to tell you 12 weeks some will say 16. And if you're not getting any blood work done 12 to 16 is probably a good bet. If you keep the dosage low at 300 mg to 450 mg I don't see a reason why a first cycle couldn't last longer. Testosterone only at moderate doses is a very healthy cycle, the word healthy is relative I'm talking about in comparison to other anabolics. Testosterone is bioidentical as long as your carrier oil is organic like grapeseed oil or MCT oil I don't see any reason with going 16 to 20 weeks.

If you have the money to swing and honestly if you don't you shouldn't be running a cycle in the first place but, at bare minimum you should go get your blood work done before your first cycle to know what your testosterone levels and your health markers look like when you are natural, then after say 4 to 6 weeks go get blood work again and you can see if it's done any kind of damage to your health markers. If everything looks good maybe towards the end between the 12 and 16 week Mark you take a look again if everything looks good you might want to push it to 20 you might not. A lot of people are probably going to give me flack for saying 20 weeks for a first cycle but with testosterone only I don't see an issue giving you're paying attention to your health markers and not taking any orals or things that are toxic.

Do yourself a favor buy a food scale and count your calories meticulously I help people with their diets all the time and every single time someone tells me they're eating a certain amount of food and they're not growing I go back and I look at what they've been eating and I add it all up and they're never eating what they think they are. On top of that maybe twice a week they miss the meal well that might not sound like a big deal two meals out of 7 days but over the course out of 10 weeks that's 20 times you missed a meal, that was 20 opportunities missed to help you recover and build more muscle

Bon20

Awards
Not to mention exem is healthier. But to op, yes arimidex will work. Keep it on hand and use as needed. No reason to start taking a bunch of it on 300 mg of testosterone unless you notice that you need it. As far as how long a first cycle should be that's kind of a tough one, the majority of people are going to tell you 12 weeks some will say 16. And if you're not getting any blood work done 12 to 16 is probably a good bet. If you keep the dosage low at 300 mg to 450 mg I don't see a reason why a first cycle couldn't last longer. Testosterone only at moderate doses is a very healthy cycle, the word healthy is relative I'm talking about in comparison to other anabolics. Testosterone is bioidentical as long as your carrier oil is organic like grapeseed oil or MCT oil I don't see any reason with going 16 to 20 weeks.

If you have the money to swing and honestly if you don't you shouldn't be running a cycle in the first place but, at bare minimum you should go get your blood work done before your first cycle to know what your testosterone levels and your health markers look like when you are natural, then after say 4 to 6 weeks go get blood work again and you can see if it's done any kind of damage to your health markers. If everything looks good maybe towards the end between the 12 and 16 week Mark you take a look again if everything looks good you might want to push it to 20 you might not. A lot of people are probably going to give me flack for saying 20 weeks for a first cycle but with testosterone only I don't see an issue giving you're paying attention to your health markers and not taking any orals or things that are toxic.

Do yourself a favor buy a food scale and count your calories meticulously I help people with their diets all the time and every single time someone tells me they're eating a certain amount of food and they're not growing I go back and I look at what they've been eating and I add it all up and they're never eating what they think they are. On top of that maybe twice a week they miss the meal well that might not sound like a big deal two meals out of 7 days but over the course out of 10 weeks that's 20 times you missed a meal, that was 20 opportunities missed to help you recover and build more muscle
I have a food weight. I log all my strength training and food all ready now
So it makes good sense to have regular blood tests done, and adjust accordingly.
I tend to be very precise and punctual with my training and diet. And I have the budget to run this cycle. I will not take any chances. Therefore, I will order everything I need before I start, and get a blood test done before, and continuously while I am on test.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Smont has given you some good advice. Looks like you’re already disciplined with diet, training and martial arts, and that’s half the battle. Like he said knowing your true maintenance calories is very important, and gradually ramping up as you bulk is the way to go. At your size you should be able to grow starting at just 300 mg of test a week for sure.
Just curious, what does your training program look like? You just want to make sure your training properly with progressive overloads etc., to take full advantage of the increased test and food.

Bon20

Awards
Smont has given you some good advice. Looks like you’re already disciplined with diet, training and martial arts, and that’s half the battle. Like he said knowing your true maintenance calories is very important, and gradually ramping up as you bulk is the way to go. At your size you should be able to grow starting at just 300 mg of test a week for sure.
Just curious, what does your training program look like? You just want to make sure your training properly with progressive overloads etc., to take full advantage of the increased test and food.
Thanks. There is definitely room for improvement in my training program.
I have tried a little different. But what has worked best for me has been strength training in 5x5, 3x5, 3x3, 5x3 or texas method style.

Right now because I practice a lot of martial arts, therefore 5x5 requires alot off calories surplus and a lot of mental energy and rest.

Therefore, I run a modified texas method style training.

Workout A
squats 5x5
bench 5x5
Deadlift 1x5

Workout B
Front squat 5x3
Overhead press 5x5
Barbel rows 3x8

Workout C
Squats 5x2 or 3x3 or if I have the energy for it then it is 5x5
Bench 5x5
romanian deadlift 5x5, 3x5 or 3x8

These are my main lifts. These are the ones I focus on the most. Overhead press and bench are swapped around every week. The rest is the same.

I also have accessory exercises. I make them depending on how much time I have or energy.

It is:
weighted chin ups
Body weight chin ups or pull ups
Incline dombell bench press between 3-12 rep range
ham raises
weighted lunges
cable chest flyers between 8-12 rep range this is something new I have started on.
bodyweight explosive push ups
And is probably some other accessory exercises that I forgot.

Sometimes I replace the Raman deadlift in workout C with either sumo deadlift or snatch grip deadlift.
If I do not have a lot of energy on workout A days, then I do sumo deadlift or snatch grab deadlift.
When I cut, I keep the volume low and the intensity high. There I usually drive 5x3, 3x3, 5x2 and singles sometimes.

I do not do much for the arms. But I think to add a little to my arms too. Something a la cable push down. I have horseshoes on my one tricep but not on the other😅 And my left chest has gotten a little bit bigger than the right one because of martial arts🤣 It's not a problem for me, but if I can fix it a little, I'll do it.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
How many packs of ramen you need for the deadlift though? :unsure:

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks. There is definitely room for improvement in my training program.
I have tried a little different. But what has worked best for me has been strength training in 5x5, 3x5, 3x3, 5x3 or texas method style.

Right now because I practice a lot of martial arts, therefore 5x5 requires alot off calories surplus and a lot of mental energy and rest.

Therefore, I run a modified texas method style training.

Workout A
squats 5x5
bench 5x5
Deadlift 1x5

Workout B
Front squat 5x3
Overhead press 5x5
Barbel rows 3x8

Workout C
Squats 5x2 or 3x3 or if I have the energy for it then it is 5x5
Bench 5x5
romanian deadlift 5x5, 3x5 or 3x8

These are my main lifts. These are the ones I focus on the most. Overhead press and bench are swapped around every week. The rest is the same.

I also have accessory exercises. I make them depending on how much time I have or energy.

It is:
weighted chin ups
Body weight chin ups or pull ups
Incline dombell bench press between 3-12 rep range
ham raises
weighted lunges
cable chest flyers between 8-12 rep range this is something new I have started on.
bodyweight explosive push ups
And is probably some other accessory exercises that I forgot.

Sometimes I replace the Raman deadlift in workout C with either sumo deadlift or snatch grip deadlift.
If I do not have a lot of energy on workout A days, then I do sumo deadlift or snatch grab deadlift.
When I cut, I keep the volume low and the intensity high. There I usually drive 5x3, 3x3, 5x2 and singles sometimes.

I do not do much for the arms. But I think to add a little to my arms too. Something a la cable push down. I have horseshoes on my one tricep but not on the other😅 And my left chest has gotten a little bit bigger than the right one because of martial arts🤣 It's not a problem for me, but if I can fix it a little, I'll do it.
Yeah the old faithful 5x5 is steady, but maybe look to increase volume to help build more size. Especially if you’ve been using the same program for a while.
T Nation has a lot of effective programs you could check out.
Chad Waterbury’s 10x3 for main lifts and 4x6 on accessories is very effective at building strength and muscle mass. Essentially the weights used are in that 75% to 85% of max range that’s not only effective at building strength, but there is plenty of volume in total weight lifted and reps to build muscle. It’s really a best of both worlds powerbuild type of program. It’s simple and effective.
There are a lot of good programs out there that are more complicated, but I know that one is definitely simple and effective.

Here is a link to it on T Nation.

Bon20

Awards
Yeah the old faithful 5x5 is steady, but maybe look to increase volume to help build more size. Especially if you’ve been using the same program for a while.
T Nation has a lot of effective programs you could check out.
Chad Waterbury’s 10x3 for main lifts and 4x6 on accessories is very effective at building strength and muscle mass. Essentially the weights used are in that 75% to 85% of max range that’s not only effective at building strength, but there is plenty of volume in total weight lifted and reps to build muscle. It’s really a best of both worlds powerbuild type of program. It’s simple and effective.
There are a lot of good programs out there that are more complicated, but I know that one is definitely simple and effective.

Here is a link to it on T Nation.

I've been looking for some new ideas. I think I will do my Workout C squat in 10x3.
4x6 is also an interesting way to do some of the exercises.
10x3 seems to be a good way to keep explosiveness, I've really been looking for that.

I like low reps. It is very easy to keep good shape and technique at low reps for me.

Do you also have a suggestion for a program to cut weight?

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You really cut weight in the kitchen with your diet. You can cut on really any program, it just might not supply sufficient energy to do the program properly. Typically though, any good program that incorporates higher reps with lighter weight, but still maintaining progressive loads.
Here’s some more good information from
T Nation…..Christian Thibaudeau

Bon20

Awards
Hi Guys
Thanks for the feedback. I have thought about what you guys have written, and done a little more research.

I'm thinking to aiming for a 12 week cycle, and maybe longer if blood work turns out to be good.

What do you guys say to the following:

Week 1-12
300mg test e divided into 2 doses. 150mg Monday 150mg Thursday.

Things I need to have on hand in case of side effects:
Exemestane
Nolvadex
HCG (I will only add it if my testicles shrink, otherwise I think it is best not to add, to keep it simple)

I get in doubt about PCT. I read that the recommended amounts are very different, depends on where I read .

So here is my bid on PCT:
Before PCT, before testing is out of my system.
week 13-14 1000mg HCG EOD
week 13-14 25mg Exemestane ED
PCT:
Week 15-23 10mg nolvadex ED

Should I add 25mg Clamid ED, the first 2-3 weeks of my PCT?

As for the amounts, I read that it is not necessary with more than 10mg Nolva ED or 25mg Clamid ED.
What do you suggest for PCT?

Will it be an advantage to divide the amount of test out into 3 days a week? Eg. 100mg Monday, 100mg Wednesday and 100mg Friday to keep side effects down?

Bon20

Awards
I forgot to mention that I will add 3-4 ui HGH during the whole cycle, also during PCT.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The cycle looks good as far as your test at 300. Running the test by itself will help you better gauge how you respond, and if you have sides, which I doubt you will on that dose, and it gives you more flexibility if you decide you want to go a little higher say 400-500 as the cycle progresses, if all is going well.
Personally I wouldn’t take the Exemestane unless you start to notice E sides (bloating, itchy nips etc.). If you do need it, I wouldn’t run 25 mg a day….. start at 12.5 maybe Monday and Friday, then reassess. Remember high normal estrogen actually helps the muscle building process, you don’t want to drive your estrogen down too low. I would almost bet you want need it on 300 test.
The Nolva I wouldn’t run for 8 weeks, 4 to 6 weeks should be plenty.
If you want to do 3 doses a week instead of 2 on test that’s fine, a lot of guys say that it doesn’t aromatise as much with more frequent dosing. Other than that man enjoy, and keep us posted.

Bon20

Awards
The cycle looks good as far as your test at 300. Running the test by itself will help you better gauge how you respond, and if you have sides, which I doubt you will on that dose, and it gives you more flexibility if you decide you want to go a little higher say 400-500 as the cycle progresses, if all is going well.
Personally I wouldn’t take the Exemestane unless you start to notice E sides (bloating, itchy nips etc.). If you do need it, I wouldn’t run 25 mg a day….. start at 12.5 maybe Monday and Friday, then reassess. Remember high normal estrogen actually helps the muscle building process, you don’t want to drive your estrogen down too low. I would almost bet you want need it on 300 test.
The Nolva I wouldn’t run for 8 weeks, 4 to 6 weeks should be plenty.
If you want to do 3 doses a week instead of 2 on test that’s fine, a lot of guys say that it doesn’t aromatise as much with more frequent dosing. Other than that man enjoy, and keep us posted.
OK thanks. I feel comfortable getting started now.
I just have to wait until the middle of next month. Then I am closer to my full strength, plus then I have also had time to adjust my diet and exercise.
Plus one of my friends comes to visit me, so it's best that I've only been on tests for approx. 3-4 weeks when he visits me. He has far too many prejudices about test.
He should not be able to see it on me when I am only 4 weeks inside the cycle.

Will you give me one last feedback on my training. I'm going to turn it into an upper / lower split. Full body takes a long time and there is not very much time for asistenace exercises.

Bon20

Awards
Monday:
Bench 5x5
press 10x3 (90% of 5x5)
inc dumbell bench

Tuesday:
Squats 5x5
Stiff deadlift 3x5 or 5x5
weighted chin ups 3x5 or body whigt pull ups for falure

Thursday:
press 5x5
Bench 10x3 (90% of 5x5)
inc dumbell bench

Friday
Squats 10x3 (90% of 5x5) Alternately between 5x5 and 10x3
Deadlift 1x5

Set, reps and weight are not 100% determined. But I try to go for a linear progression. If I feel challenges with linear progression, then I will use the strategies that are in HLM or texas method.

But I think it should be an upper and lower split. Then i will have more time for assistance exercises. And the days I do not have time, then I can quickly finish my training.

If I can feel that I recover faster, then I take 1-2 extra training days. So it will be 5-6 workouts a week.
I aim to get more meat on the breasts, especially the upper part. And the second goal is to straighten my lat muscles. One is larger than the other. Therefore, I think to make one arm rows or cable rows, at the end of training, on the side that is smallest.

Assistance exercises will be:
cable flyers
Cable rows
Dumbell rows
reverse grib dumbell rows
maybe bb rows if I feel like it.
Ham raise
Front squat if I have time for it on Wednesdays

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Monday:
Bench 5x5
press 10x3 (90% of 5x5)
inc dumbell bench

Tuesday:
Squats 5x5
Stiff deadlift 3x5 or 5x5

Thursday:
press 5x5
Bench 10x3 (90% of 5x5)
inc dumbell bench

Friday
Squats 10x3 (90% of 5x5) Alternately between 5x5 and 10x3
Deadlift 1x5

Set, reps and weight are not 100% determined. But I try to go for a linear progression. If I feel challenges with linear progression, then I will use the strategies that are in HLM or texas method.

But I think it should be an upper and lower split. Then i will have more time for assistance exercises. And the days I do not have time, then I can quickly finish my training.

If I can feel that I recover faster, then I take 1-2 extra training days. So it will be 5-6 workouts a week.
I aim to get more meat on the breasts, especially the upper part. And the second goal is to straighten my lat muscles. One is larger than the other. Therefore, I think to make one arm rows or cable rows, at the end of training, on the side that is smallest.

Assistance exercises will be:
cable flyers
Cable rows
Dumbell rows
reverse grib dumbell rows
maybe bb rows if I feel like it.
Ham raise
Front squat if I have time for it on Wednesdays
Looks like a solid plan……I’ve found with the 10x3 progressively going up 5 lbs a week very effective, then when you can’t get 3 on last set, you drop a set the next week and continue increasing weight, until you reach the week your down to 5x3, then approximate max, deload the next week and start the next week at 70% increasing weight weekly again. After two workout cycles you should be about 12 to 16 weeks you can switch programs or proceed. This builds strength tremendously as well as muscle, because of not just the rep volume, but also total weight volume. Hopefully that makes sense. There’s really a lot of flexibility to customize in so many ways, but truly depends on goals.

Bon20

Awards
Looks like a solid plan……I’ve found with the 10x3 progressively going up 5 lbs a week very effective, then when you can’t get 3 on last set, you drop a set the next week and continue increasing weight, until you reach the week your down to 5x3, then approximate max, deload the next week and start the next week at 70% increasing weight weekly again. After two workout cycles you should be about 12 to 16 weeks you can switch programs or proceed. This builds strength tremendously as well as muscle, because of not just the rep volume, but also total weight volume. Hopefully that makes sense. There’s really a lot of flexibility to customize in so many ways, but truly depends on goals.
Thanks, it's really useful. I was a little in doubt about how I should handle these 10x3. And was a little afraid off that, 2 press exercises 5x5 and 10x3 will give a lot of volume on the same day. But what you suggest makes really good sense. And volume and intensity will automatically adjust when i take one set away at a time when i do not hit 3 on all sets.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah there’s many ways and variations you can apply. I suggested that one because you appeared to be putting strength at the top of your list.
If say you were wanting to keep the volume up for the muscle building aspect, then what you do is when you can’t complete the last set, instead of taking away a set the next week, you just don’t increase weight until you get 3 on that last set, then you proceed 5 lbs increases until next time. This keeps the volume high with 10 sets.
It’s very simple, but effective. And really leaves room for flexibility on your accessory work.
Another good strength program is 5/3/1. That’s actually one of my favorite programs for focusing on strength.
The 10x3 I look at as a true power building program that helps strength and muscle growth.
It can be adjusted for more strength goals or building goals very easily, and works well with other systems you may be using in other areas.
Hopefully that all makes sense.

Bon20

Awards
Yeah there’s many ways and variations you can apply. I suggested that one because you appeared to be putting strength at the top of your list.
If say you were wanting to keep the volume up for the muscle building aspect, then what you do is when you can’t complete the last set, instead of taking away a set the next week, you just don’t increase weight until you get 3 on that last set, then you proceed 5 lbs increases until next time. This keeps the volume high with 10 sets.
It’s very simple, but effective. And really leaves room for flexibility on your accessory work.
Another good strength program is 5/3/1. That’s actually one of my favorite programs for focusing on strength.
The 10x3 I look at as a true power building program that helps strength and muscle growth.
It can be adjusted for more strength goals or building goals very easily, and works well with other systems you may be using in other areas.
Hopefully that all makes sense.
It makes good sense.
I'm waiting a bit with 5/3/1. I feel like I'm still far from my genetic potential. These programs where there is linear progression work really well for me right now. If I hit a plataou then I can usually eat my way through them.
I feel that 5/3/1 is for those who are very strong, or for people who practice martial arts and want to either maintain or have small progress.

The suggestions you come up with are really worth their weight in gold. They harmonize very well with the kind of strength training I have experience with.