planning havoc cycle diet

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
I’m plannin a havoc cycle in a few weeks.. once I can figure out how I’m going to get my nolva for my labrats.. but anyways I’m trying to plan my diet.. I’ve been cutting for about 12 weeks… and lost about 13 lbs… not a lot.. but I’m paranoid about losing too much too fast.. and therefore I didn’t get near as lean as I wanted.. but I do believe I slowed my metabolism down a bit which is also a goal… I am in school so this is created with that in mind

I plan to increase carbs as I go along

7:15 3 eggs omelet w/ ¼ lb lean beef, one slice low fat cheese and 2 slices of wheat bread

10:30 – 2 scoops of whey (50 grams protein) mixed with water

1:30- 8 ounces of chicken- ¼-1/2 cup of brown rice, green beans

3:30- can of tuna, 2 cups skim milk, 1 scoop of whey mixed with water

5:30- 8 ounces of chicken- ¼-1/2 cup of brown rice,

8:30 2 scoops of whey w/ 10 ounces skim milk

10:30- casein protein.. 2 scoops with 10 ounces of milk (52 grams protein

i will be cooking my chicken with olive oil.. eating peanut butter.. and supplementing fish oil for my healthy fats

of course i wont always eat chicken.. i'll sub it with fish, beef, and even pork every now and then so i dont go crazy

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
try to town down all the shakes and replace with real sources of protein.

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
i have to keep the one at 10:30.. because most likely i'll be in the library waiting on my next class to start.. and i will keep my night time cause i cant stomach cottage cheese.. i can for sure take off the one with my tuna...

guess i need to look for food for my PWO.. damn that sucks

vpdman

vpdman

Awards
Damn 5 scoops of normal whey and 2 of casein.

Try buying some tuna, 4 ounces = 26g of protein.

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
yeah i eat tuna everyday.. it just sucks to have to eat two cans to equal a shake that takes me 30 seconds to make and drink.. that tastes good.. haha

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
why do you guys not like shakes....the protein source is better, you usually dont get all the fat that you would from beef or something....more convenient, wont stretch your stomach like 8 whole food meals will, etc etc i could go on all day.....

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
from what ive always read through research, (who knows how right they are) real protein sources such as steak over whey shakes are more effective for your body to process and therefore repair muscle. mooch, you do have a point about the lacking of excess sat. fats (steak) and total,trans. but lean cuts of meat imo are always a much mor sure bet than "synthetic" whey.

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
took me 6 years to finally find a whey that i enjoy drinking.. haha... well it's better than nothing.. so when i can't get anything else i'll definately pile it on

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
from what ive always read through research, (who knows how right they are) real protein sources such as steak over whey shakes are more effective for your body to process and therefore repair muscle. mooch, you do have a point about the lacking of excess sat. fats (steak) and total,trans. but lean cuts of meat imo are always a much mor sure bet than "synthetic" whey.
i am quoting this from memory here, im too lazy to actually search....but as i recall the bio-availability of whey isolate is like 159 and chicken breast is like 70....so in essence the isolate is a much more "effective" protein....im not arguing with you travis....ive heard this soooo much though and i just cant find any real reason to back up whole food over shakes....i just started a thread in the supplement section on this.....

took me 6 years to finally find a whey that i enjoy drinking.. haha... well it's better than nothing.. so when i can't get anything else i'll definately pile it on
what did ya end up liking?

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
xtreme formulations chocolate.. best ever man... and i get their casein protein for night.. amazing

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
Damn 5 scoops of normal whey and 2 of casein.

Try buying some tuna, 4 ounces = 26g of protein.

for what its worth....do you know how much heat it takes to seal a can of tuna....that 26 grams of protein is completely denatured....i dont know what the bio-availabilty of canned tuna is off the top of my head but im sure its very low....

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
xtreme formulations chocolate.. best ever man... and i get their casein protein for night.. amazing
hmmmmm.....i just got some nectar twisted cherry....it tastes like fruit punch HI-C!!!!!

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
hey mooch, i know better than to argue with you lol. ive been on this forum for too long. and be completely truthful, these fools who study muscle and nutrition change their minds of it every month. one month its this than the very next month some new study shows the its a 180 turn from the previous study.

thank you for sharing the whey bioavailibility compared with chicken. thats actully really eye opening because im in the same boat when it comes to shooting down a shake rather than frying up two chicken breasts and trying to stuff that down with a yam and some broccolli. and shake sounds much better and if it is than hell, why not.

i have heard this tho. feel free to enlighten me on this as well for i like reading your posts. unlike casien, that of which that is slow digesting such as found in cottage cheese. your body digests whey very quickly. i heard on some roid talk show radio deal that at times whey digests so quickly your body uses it more as a carb source than a protein source. now that of course is somewhat wrong due to the high amounts of protein will be prossessed as protein. but due to this quick digestion might it spike insulin and blood glucose levels. almost acting as a high protein, startchy carbs source??

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
tumtum. thanks for repping the fact of not being able to stomach cottage cheese. i have been trying to get used to the taste of cottage cheese now for two years and still fail to being able to eat it. casien is the "whey" to go (ha..)

the only way i can eat cottage cheese at night is with peaches. and a high sugar fruit like peaches right before bed is no bueno imo.

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
tumtum. thanks for repping the fact of not being able to stomach cottage cheese. i have been trying to get used to the taste of cottage cheese now for two years and still fail to being able to eat it. casien is the "whey" to go (ha..)

the only way i can eat cottage cheese at night is with peaches. and a high sugar fruit like peaches right before bed is no bueno imo.
ive just started throwing a scoop of whatever flavor whey im currently drinking in with a half a cup of CC. it increases the protein content, giving you both fast and slow digesting proteins, as well as increasing the flavor considerably. my favorite is a half cup CC with a 1/2 to full scoop of All The Wheys chocolate peanut butter. throw it in the fridge or freezer for a little while and its like a chocolate pudding.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
HAHA dude anything i can try to let me stomach the stuff but that sounds narly as well. choco-butter cottage cheese. maybe some day ill give it a try! ha

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
just a couple thoughts.

First the diet looks okay, but you should include the caloric intake and your goal. I assume you are just trying to put some muscle on. In that case, it is always nice to make sure the numbers are pointing in that direction for you. I tend to like to base my carb intake around my workout so the time of your workout may be a good thing to include as well. Keep fine tuning it and i am sure you will come out ripped.

About the protein source. Isn't the purpose of a whey protein supplement to allow the body to quickly access the amino acids? That is why they are hydrolized and such so that digestion is quick and why a lot of bb'ers time there shake based on their workout. In this case, powders might not be the best source to build muscle throughout the day. I believe the natural digestion of hearty meats would allow the body to have continuous sustained amino acid uptake. Better this than sporadic bursts of quick digesting aminos throughout the day.

The fact about the heat denaturing tuna probably wouldn't have much bearing, seeming as we have to break proteins down into aminos and then build our own proteins with RNA. It is not like we graft the tuna proteins right into our proteins or anything like that.

oh and i think i will have to try that ATW pudding masterpiece.

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
well i'm not bothering to count calories.. cause i'm basically doin that same diet right now.. minus the carbs because i've been cutting.. So i'm just gonna slowly add in carbs in increase the protein which will add calories.. obviously

xx Zues xx

xx Zues xx

Awards
  • Established
why do you guys not like shakes....the protein source is better, you usually dont get all the fat that you would from beef or something....more convenient, wont stretch your stomach like 8 whole food meals will, etc etc i could go on all day.....
I agree completely. I think a good balance is essential IMO ( I say 50% from food sources, 50% from supplements).

try to town down all the shakes and replace with real sources of protein.
LOL. Travis its all 'real' sources of protein (whey is derived from milk if you didn't know...)

i am quoting this from memory here, im too lazy to actually search....but as i recall the bio-availability of whey isolate is like 159 and chicken breast is like 70....so in essence the isolate is a much more "effective" protein....im not arguing with you travis....ive heard this soooo much though and i just cant find any real reason to back up whole food over shakes....i just started a thread in the supplement section on this.....
From what im reading the biological value of whey is 104, chicken 79 and the top natural source is whole egg (100)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 30
Cycle Logs 23
Superpippo Anabolics 14
Anabolics 9
Anabolics 2