Planet Fitness - NYE Sponsor

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anybody watching NYE on ABC? I'm seriously getting pissed with all this planet fitness garbage - hats with "judgement free" - give me a break. Of course they advertised about their free pizza.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everyone is not hardcore Bra!

As a matter of just common sense suggests that the major majority of our population is not an elitist self assessed bad ass hard core bodybuilder. Those who believe they are rarely are in any shape or form.

Some actually exercise for general good health and wellness and not the obsessive compulsive vainity and conceite that the minority are and do it for.

Best thing to remember is that it's not all about you and your lifestyle and that others who have lives live it in a different style.

Live and let live and don't be so butt hurt that others don't live like you. The hating on general health and fitness clubs and people is getting old.

Kudos to PF for scoring the sponsorship.

Happy New Year! ����

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
Anybody watching NYE on ABC? I'm seriously getting pissed with all this planet fitness garbage - hats with "judgement free" - give me a break. Of course they advertised about their free pizza.
I agree. That sh*t was getting really old.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree. That sh*t was getting really old.
would it be cool if it were your gym instead?

Maybe a PDiddy Crystal Vodka or Coors Light Silver Bullet sponsor would be more acceptable?

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
Although $10 a month is damn cheap lol.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol! I literally just came here to post this. Join in 2016 and get a free slice of pizza. If it weren't so ****ed up, I'd say PF were ISIS. Just in case the diapers everyone is wearing isn't demoralizing enough.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Although $10 a month is damn cheap lol.
Yeah but no free weights at the one I was at. I went to one for awhile to save money but the smith machine kills my shoulders. Probably not an issue for some. Also it is funny how they say judgment free but make fun of bodybuilders in every commercial. Also every pizza day is see people eating between sets getting greasy ass hands all over the bars. Lol Still for ten dollars I would tolerate if they would of had free weights. I just actually joined crunch recently and it's cheap to and definatley better then planet fitness.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
They just built a new PF up here in my city, had only walked past one in Michigan once before that.

The spread is even creeping across Canada.
Won't catch me in one though lol

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

As a matter of just common sense suggests that the major majority of our population is not an elitist self assessed bad ass hard core bodybuilder. Those who believe they are rarely are in any shape or form.

Some actually exercise for general good health and wellness and not the obsessive compulsive vainity and conceite that the minority are and do it for.

Best thing to remember is that it's not all about you and your lifestyle and that others who have lives live it in a different style.

Live and let live and don't be so butt hurt that others don't live like you. The hating on general health and fitness clubs and people is getting old.

Happy New Year! ??
Point taken, good discussion. Just to add, I rarely judge. I know how hard it can be to get to a gym.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Getting ready to head there now for some cardio. It is a tool in the tool box, use what you need, we all are different. It would be a boring world it we all only drank Vanilla Protein Shakes!!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
^great place for cardio,

I recommended it to some past and present clients who inquired when it came to town, I'm not anti-PF

I just dislike it for the avid weight lifter

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Point taken, good discussion. Just to add, I rarely judge. I know how hard it can be to get to a gym.
we have a group (many here) that mocks and berates the obese and sedentary and then the same group (many here) mocks and berates them when they get out and active.

Its a damn great market to capture and a damn great marketing plan.

20 mins of resistance training 3 days a week reduces your risk of heart disease by 5 fold. 20 mins of cardio 3 to 5 days a week is also quite good for you too. Doesn't require a $30-50 membership to a popular high end gym.

Using free weights and a bad ass training split at a popular gym taking over priced protein and supplements posting on a message board doesn't make one more fit or healthy.

I know IronMen who never step in a gym or use a single supplements that will own 90% of the population of this board.

It's the elitist attitude of those that mock the people and place that iriitates me most.

It could be your obese and sedentary mom, dad, sister, brother or spouse, grandmother or grandfather with heart disease or diabetics that uses a facility just like this. It may be the gym that saves their lives.

I think different than most I guess. :D

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
^ the general population needs PF

Its an atmosphere and price that they are comfortable with, and you raised some great points there.

I would rep you but I feel like that's a wasted effort on a mod, lol.

I'm used to working alongside guys who don't lift but are strong AF so I don't disagree with that point either.
8-12 hours intense labour 5+ days a week can trump a few hours in a gym easy

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I see a lot of under privileged young men there that are in the gym and off the street I'm sure the $ 10.00 a month is the reason. I show them respect and receive the same!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In theory, yes. PF knows almost everyone that joins will never go and that pizza day will attract the slobs that ever intended to go. The fact that they go out of their way to say they aren't a gym and focus so much on not accommodating people that like weights is self defeating and painting a poor image for what can be accomplished.

PF serves a purpose, and that is simply to offer you a "gym" for the least amount of effort and money possible. To go along with the effort and commitment that will follow.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see dozens of people in my gym using free weights that are a danger to themselves and others. Apparently youre supposed to use more weight than you can lift, use poor form and technique, toss it to the ground after your set, bouncing it across the floor while grunting very loud for all to hear. Is this correct?

Then the 160lb advanced trainer kid who feels the ergonomicly engineer machines where not designed properly and they feel the need to use them in unsafe and potentially harmful fashions that they were not designed for.

For every reason there is to have this disdain some have for gyms like PF there is a guy are gall at a popular gym who has no clue and has no business being in the weight room.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PF serves a purpose, and that is simply to offer you a "gym" for the least amount of effort and money possible. To go along with the effort and commitment that will follow.
The price and equipment dictate effort and commitment.

Wow!

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
I admit I was a douche against gyms like PF. I failed to realize everyone has to start the journey somewhere and someway. Just because my path is different and best for me, doesn't mean it's the best for everyone.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In this case, yes. Look, I know you are trying to take a higher road on this, but I won't. I call it as I see it.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Happy New Year! ����

This has got to be the best new post of 2016. Well said sir!. Very well said.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^great place for cardio,

I recommended it to some past and present clients who inquired when it came to town, I'm not anti-PF

I just dislike it for the avid weight lifter
I was actually thinking about joining just for cardio. They really have some nice clean, new equipment which is more than I can say for a lot real gyms. Majority of the cardio equipment at my gym now is pretty old. I mean there are like one or two newer pieces of equipment but that's it.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
we have a group (many here) that mocks and berates the obese and sedentary and then the same group (many here) mocks and berates them when they get out and active.

Its a damn great market to capture and a damn great marketing plan.

20 mins of resistance training 3 days a week reduces your risk of heart disease by 5 fold. 20 mins of cardio 3 to 5 days a week is also quite good for you too. Doesn't require a $30-50 membership to a popular high end gym.

Using free weights and a bad ass training split at a popular gym taking over priced protein and supplements posting on a message board doesn't make one more fit or healthy.

I know IronMen who never step in a gym or use a single supplements that will own 90% of the population of this board.

It's the elitist attitude of those that mock the people and place that iriitates me most.

It could be your obese and sedentary mom, dad, sister, brother or spouse, grandmother or grandfather with heart disease or diabetics that uses a facility just like this. It may be the gym that saves their lives.

I think different than most I guess. :D
I have the exact thinking. What I don't understand is the people that make fun of others that are trying to improve themselves. We all started somewhere. Maybe some young overweight guy at PF will be the next Mr.O or big time power-lifter. Of course they won't be making fun of them at that point in their fitness career, but for some reason they have to make fun when they first start out.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was actually thinking about joining just for cardio. They really have some nice clean, new equipment which is more than I can say for a lot real gyms. Majority of the cardio equipment at my gym now is pretty old. I mean there are like one or two newer pieces of equipment but that's it.
There is a Planet Fitness about a quarter mile from my work, I lift at home in the am so after work it is very convenient for cardio, they just installed (3) new stair master machines. The place is always very clean and the staff welcome's me by name and treats me very nice. I don't like the Candy and Pizza idea but I don't eat them either. They also have an ab machine that gives me the best ab workout I have ever had!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have the exact thinking. What I don't understand is the people that make fun of others that are trying to improve themselves. We all started somewhere. Maybe some young overweight guy at PF will be the next Mr.O or big time power-lifter. Of course they won't be making fun of them at that point in their fitness career, but for some reason they have to make fun when they first start out.
Or they no longer need lipid, hypertension or diabetes medication and have extended their lives. Success!!!

People need to remember that a fitness lifestyle is not just hardcore weight lifting or bodybuilding.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Or they no longer need lipid, hypertension or diabetes medication and have extended their lives. Success!!!

People need to remember that a fitness lifestyle is not just hardcore weight lifting or bodybuilding.
Exactly. People need to focus on their own goals and quit trying to know what other people are trying to do or what they have been through.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I agree 100% that the fitness elitism, on all levels not just on this topic, needs to stop. What someone does, and how they go about it in terms of fitness concerns only them really. Whatever their decisions, whatever their results, it's up to them. Yes, there are some posers out there that may need a reality check once in a while, but for the most part, fitness is a personal journey. Live and let live.