Pins and over come

Blythy

Blythy

Awards
So I'm one of those that hates pins so I would like to ask all what do you think of to take your mind off injections as I build my self up too much I know people will say oh just go for it but I know most of you would been a little scared ha thank you

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So I'm one of those that hates pins so I would like to ask all what do you think of to take your mind off injections as I build my self up too much I know people will say oh just go for it but I know most of you would been a little scared ha thank you
I had a fear of needles to but after your first one. It dont bother you anymore

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don’t have a fear but the first one was nerve racking as hell. Was all sweaty and shaky, but after a few it’s as easy as popping a pill

SDPonce63

SDPonce63

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I was kinda nervous on my first pin but tbh if you just close your eyes for a second (probably frowned upon, but if it’s your first pin) and push quickly-ish just to get it into the skin you can then open your eyes and carefully guide the rest in. After it breaks skin you can’t tell if you have a .5inch needle or a 1.5 inch.

SDPonce63

SDPonce63

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I was kinda nervous on my first pin but tbh if you just close your eyes for a second (probably frowned upon, but if it’s your first pin) and push quickly-ish just to get it into the skin you can then open your eyes and carefully guide the rest in. After it breaks skin you can’t tell if you have a .5inch needle or a 1.5 inch.
Maybe listen to some music in the background will help calm you too. But once you pin once the rest are easy...

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have zero fear of needles or pinning myself...however last month I woke up and pinned around 4am because I had an early day at work.....and I fainted. I woke up to my wife standing over me on the bathroom floor trying to bring me out of it. I got lightheaded pinning my right quad, so I sat on the floor to let it pass....thought it did, finished pushing the oil and fainted. Has never happened before and hasn't happened since.

All I could think of was I wasn't fully awake yet, hadn't eaten yet so maybe lack of food and being tired did it.

If you have a fear of pinning, just take all precautions, be very sterile and take your time. It does get easier with time.

Blythy

Blythy

Awards
I have zero fear of needles or pinning myself...however last month I woke up and pinned around 4am because I had an early day at work.....and I fainted. I woke up to my wife standing over me on the bathroom floor trying to bring me out of it. I got lightheaded pinning my right quad, so I sat on the floor to let it pass....thought it did, finished pushing the oil and fainted. Has never happened before and hasn't happened since.

All I could think of was I wasn't fully awake yet, hadn't eaten yet so maybe lack of food and being tired did it.

If you have a fear of pinning, just take all precautions, be very sterile and take your time. It does get easier with time.
Thank you bro and I hope your OK now

Blythy

Blythy

Awards
Maybe listen to some music in the background will help calm you too. But once you pin once the rest are easy...
Yes I hope I'll be fine just the first one been said that once it's in u say to your self is that it haha

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah I had a proper phobia bro, couldn’t even watch someone else getting jabbed.

As others have said the first one is the only hard one.

Personally I find it easiest to get the pin on the spot and then gradually increase the pressure until it breaks the skin (which doesn’t hurt much anyway), once it’s past the skin you don’t feel it at all.

I kinda enjoy it now tbh

BroBrian

OP look up “Emotional freedom technique”. Might seem silly at first but try it, worked for me.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Told this story before...I was pinning left glute while standing in the kitchen..2mls of test e in a 1.5 25 gauge...so it is hard to push in. While pinning...My whole side cramped and I couldnt move. So im screaming..because the cramp hurt so bad. At that moment my girl and her 10yr old kid walk in...I got my pants around my ankles screaming with a syringe sticking out of my ass. The kid is scared for life...lol

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Told this story before...I was pinning left glute while standing in the kitchen..2mls of test e in a 1.5 25 gauge...so it is hard to push in. While pinning...My whole side cramped and I couldnt move. So im screaming..because the cramp hurt so bad. At that moment my girl and her 10yr old kid walk in...I got my pants around my ankles screaming with a syringe sticking out of my ass. The kid is scared for life...lol
LOL.
That's the best/worst pinning story I've ever heard

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Just going to repeat what others have said. Never really had a 'fear' of needles, but wasn't sure about the idea of doing it myself. Ultimately though, I'm positive you've experienced far more excruciating pain in your life. When things go well, and 90% of the time it does, you barely feel it poke through the skin. Just take a breath and pop 'er in.

I don't know why, but I personally stare right at it (usually pinning delts or side of leg) and insert it pretty slowly so I know it's going where I want instead of just shoving it in super quick, but that's just me. I think if a doctor were to do it, they'd pop it in pretty quick like a dart.

Either way, again as others have said, once you get past your first one you get over it. Like BloodManor, I was super nervous, shakey, sweating, but next thing you know you got that sweet sweet gains oil pumping in ya lol