Pinning IGF during workout

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Say you were wanting to pin your chest as soon as you were done working it, but the way your workout is set up chest is the first bodypart trained, and it will be another ~40 minutes or so before the workout is over. If you injected the IGF in your chest as soon as you were done with it, and continued with the rest of your workout, would there be any negative effects the IGF would have on your performance such as lowering blood sugar levels too low during the workout? Would drinking a gatorade or some other carb drink during the workout keep blood sugar levels elevated enough to prevent any negative impact on performance from the blood glucose lowering effect of IGF? Or would there really be much difference just pinning chest after the whole workout is done, say 40 minutes after working chest? This is a very meniscule detail and probably would not provide a noticeable difference in gains, but I was just curious on taking IGF towards the middle of the workout and if it would hinder performance in any way from the possibly lowered glucose levels.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
One other thing, I am not willing to switch around the order of exercises so chest is last :)

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
I have the same exact question. One answer i can give you though is that drinking gatorade during a workout will not allow enough time to make up for what you are losing. It would need to be consumed before your workout. Actually talked about this in my advanced college nutrition course this morning

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Well according to the resident IGF expert Grunt it's best to pin immediately (like within 5 minutes) after working the muscle. According to him, this will be more effective than pinning 40 minutes after.

Some people tend to feel pretty hypoglycemic after pinning IGF. If you fall into this category then working out after is probably not a great idea. For me personally, however, I never feel hypo after IGF, and could continue working out no problem. But there may be other reasons not to do this that I'm not considering.

Tetsu

Awards
I've pinned at the begining and end of my WO with no hinderence on my lifts. I usally pin between sets. So when pinning the chest I would pin right after I racked it and before the last set. Probably 2 mins after my last rep. Hope that madee sense.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
Well according to the resident IGF expert Grunt it's best to pin immediately (like within 5 minutes) after working the muscle. According to him, this will be more effective than pinning 40 minutes after.

Some people tend to feel pretty hypoglycemic after pinning IGF. If you fall into this category then working out after is probably not a great idea. For me personally, however, I never feel hypo after IGF, and could continue working out no problem. But there may be other reasons not to do this that I'm not considering.
i normally feel it later in the day or the start of the next day. never immediately after pinning though.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I remain convinced that for the most hyperplasia possible, you need to pin it shortly after training the muscle.

That is one reason why I went with at chest/bicep and back/tricep split. This way I can end with whatever I choose to pin that day.

I don't see pinning mid-workout really. Save it for after the end of your training session, you will still get some very good results.

Tetsu

Awards
I remain convinced that for the most hyperplasia possible, you need to pin it shortly after training the muscle.

That is one reason why I went with at chest/bicep and back/tricep split. This way I can end with whatever I choose to pin that day.

I don't see pinning mid-workout really. Save it for after the end of your training session, you will still get some very good results.

Well for me it's not any hassle at all. I just load up a pin before I lift then when it's time to pin I just do it while in my gym since I lift at home. My logic is that even if anything was to float around it hopfully will bind to muscle tissue and not the gut since I'm in the middle of a work out.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Well for me it's not any hassle at all. I just load up a pin before I lift then when it's time to pin I just do it while in my gym since I lift at home. My logic is that even if anything was to float around it hopfully will bind to muscle tissue and not the gut since I'm in the middle of a work out.
What about hypoglycemia?

Tetsu

Awards
I haven't had a problem with going hypo. I eat alot of carbs throughout the day, about 300gm from slow carbs and 150gm from fast....on work out days.

I've started taking AP and plan to start running IGF in another 2 weeks so I might start pinning at the end of my wo's to be safe, I haven't gone hypo with AP either.

If you were someone who was worried about going hypo I would just pin pwo and be safe.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I haven't had a problem with going hypo. I eat alot of carbs throughout the day, about 300gm from slow carbs and 150gm from fast....on work out days.

I've started taking AP and plan to start running IGF in another 2 weeks so I might start pinning at the end of my wo's to be safe, I haven't gone hypo with AP either.

If you were someone who was worried about going hypo I would just pin pwo and be safe.
AP & IGF-1 are in two completely different leages bro.

It isn't called INSULINLIKE growth factor 1 for no reason. But be my guest, the level of hypo it induces is not actually dangerous. You will just feel like total crap and learn to never do that again. So please do so and report on how you felt. :smite:

Tetsu

Awards
AP & IGF-1 are in two completely different leages bro.

It isn't called INSULINLIKE growth factor 1 for no reason. But be my guest, the level of hypo it induces is not actually dangerous. You will just feel like total crap and learn to never do that again. So please do so and report on how you felt. :smite:

LOL, no prob. I might just post up some blood sugar levels too.

Tetsu

Awards
Forgot about this thread. I have been running IGF and AP together for 3 weeks and haven't had any hypo probs with my pinning schedule. I still pin right before my last set of the muscle worked. Most of the time it's right at the end but sometimes it's mid-WO.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
So you are having a postworkout shake in the midst of your workout? How does that work?

Tetsu

Awards
So you are having a postworkout shake in the midst of your workout? How does that work?

No. I do have a pre with 5g bcaa, 3g cee, and 12g dextrose and I sip on about the the same thing mid too.

I have strated my PWO shake on my last set or 2 before but that doesn't have anything to do with the AP and Pinning.

I should also mention the time between my 2nd cap of AP and when I pin is about 5 hrs and I take my last cap about 20-30min after I pin.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
No. I do have a pre with 5g bcaa, 3g cee, and 12g dextrose and I sip on about the the same thing mid too.

I have strated my PWO shake on my last set or 2 before but that doesn't have anything to do with the AP and Pinning.

I should also mention the time between my 2nd cap of AP and when I pin is about 5 hrs and I take my last cap about 20-30min after I pin.
Well then you are certainly not taking any degree of real advantage of the IGF-1's great ability to shuttle nutrients into your muscles. It is quite a waste.

Tetsu

Awards
Well then you are certainly not taking any degree of real advantage of the IGF-1's great ability to shuttle nutrients into your muscles. It is quite a waste.

You think just because I'm not going hypo I'm wasting my IGF? I've never had a prob going hypo like I said before so if thats the case my IGF has always been bunk. I've always used a 40mcg dose.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
boosted5038 IGF-1/GH 4
EggzNDsuch IGF-1/GH 32
IGF-1/GH 12
IGF-1/GH 9
CEDeoudes59 IGF-1/GH 7