Phil Heath Can’t Do What Shawn Ray Did

Prince

Prince

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

When news broke that 7x Mr. Olympia Phil “The Gift” Heath would be replacing “Sugar” Shawn Ray as Olympia commentator it sent shockwaves throughout the fitness industry. Phil is not a well-liked champion. His antics earned him this distinction. From attacking fans who doubted him, to bashing social media outlets who were hard on him, to bullying his peers on camera no less (e.g. Kai Greene, Shawn Rhoden), Heath has the support of few people and even fewer companies. Were it not for the fact he’s associated with Dani Garcia & The Rock, Phil wouldn’t have too many options.

👉 https://www.ironmaglabs.com/2022/phil-heath-cant-do-what-shawn-ray-did/

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree. Phil is boring. Why don't they get Kai Greene to be the commentator?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I agree. Phil is boring. Why don't they get Kai Greene to be the commentator?
That would be the absolute worst commentator possible.
I can see it now....

So Kai, what do you think about big Ramy this year.

Well, the sheer mass of his body is a deception to time on a physical plane in space. If you think logically he's all about winning the Olympia today, so he has to Invision winning while flexing is mind and body at the same place in time on a Tuesday in Paris while watching cartoons arm wrestling a midget at Walmart.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How about blast from the past bodybuilders like Lee Haney? Gary Strydom? Samir Bannout? Tom Platz? Vince Taylor?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How about blast from the past bodybuilders like Lee Haney? Gary Strydom? Samir Bannout? Tom Platz? Vince Taylor?
Outdated imo. Things changed. You need people that retired but not so long ago for exemple Fouad

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'd like to see Kevin levrone do it. Out of all the old school guys he's probably the only one I'd like to see do it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Exactly why I also mentioned Flex..
It's crazy, this year I definitely thought he deserved the O
Screenshot_20220730-214208~2.png

From what I've been told tho you had to be there in person to see how far Ronnie was ahead of everyone.

Guys went to the O to see who could come in seccond. Apparently even Kevin and flex knew they had no shot against Ronnie

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fouad and Dennis James would probably be who I’d choose. Just don’t ever let Arnold do it again or the wife of one of the competitors onstage.