Phenylpiracetam Superior To Piracetam?

DillonLoomis

DillonLoomis

Awards
Hey guys,

I've been reading a lot and finding that Phenylpiracetam seems to be more effective and more bioavailable than piracetam.

I just purchased some Piracetam so I was mildy disappointed when I learned about this. I'm assuming the major drawback and reason people choose Piracetam is because it is cheaper?

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried both and thinks the additional cost for Phenylpiracetam is worth it over Piracetam alone!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Phenylpiracetam isn't something you should take daily for any period of time; tolerance builds fast. It's fine in moderation though, and, anecdotally, people say it's stronger than piracetam. However, piracetam is still useful, and can be taken daily. There's even research showing it's useful in healthy non-elderly people, which is nice.

Nootropyl (Piracetam) a drug reported to facilitate learning in animals was tested for its elect on man by administering it to normal volunteers. The subjects were given 3 x4 capsules at 400 mg per day, in a double blind study. Each subject learned series of words presented as stimuli upon a memory drum. No effects were observed after 7 days but after 14 days verbal learning had significantly increased
http://nootroo.com/increase-in-the-power-of-human-memory-in-normal-man-though-the-use-of-drugs-piracetam-and-healthy-human-individuals-in-double-blind-study/
Global complexity of 47-channel resting electroencephalogram (EEG) of healthy young volunteers was studied after intake of a single dose of a nootropic drug (piracetam, Nootropil UCB Pharma) in 12 healthy volunteers. Four treatment levels were used: 2.4, 4.8, 9.6 g piracetam and placebo. Brain electric activity was assessed through Global Dimensional Complexity and Global Omega-Complexity as quantitative measures of the complexity of the trajectory of multichannel EEG in state space. After oral ingestion (1-1.5 h), both measures showed significant decreases from placebo to 2.4 g piracetam. In addition, Global Dimensional Complexity showed a significant return to placebo values at 9.6 g piracetam. The results indicate that a single dose of piracetam dose-dependently affects the spontaneous EEG in normal volunteers, showing effects at the lowest treatment level. The decreased EEG complexity is interpreted as increased cooperativity of brain functional processes.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10555876

DillonLoomis

DillonLoomis

Awards
Thanks man, that provides some insight for sure!

And muscleupcrohn - what are your thoughts on Modafinil? Ever tried it? I would never use it regularly...but for certain events or times when I need top level focus, energy I've heard some astounding reviews...

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can't compare phenylpiracetam to piracetam, the phenyl group changes everything. The effects are completely different between them.

Are you interested in energized mental benefits?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man, that provides some insight for sure!

And muscleupcrohn - what are your thoughts on Modafinil? Ever tried it? I would never use it regularly...but for certain events or times when I need top level focus, energy I've heard some astounding reviews...
I haven't tried it, but it does seem like a potentially very useful ingredient. I wouldn't use it regularly either, but the research and anecdotes point towards it having some pretty noticeable and useful effects. I haven't tried Modafinil, although I would like to give it a try. I've tried Adrafinil (600mg), and didn't notice anything at all from it (I took it alone without any other caffeine, stimulants, or anything), but I did notice a handful of hours of nice, clean energy and focus from 100mg flmodafinil (CRL 40-940), again taken alone without anything else. I'm not aware of much research (especially regarding safety) of flmodafinil, as the only mention of human studies I can find are either only brief mentions of studies/trials in patents. I wouldn't want to use something like a Modafinil daily regardless, but I'm hesitant to use something with so little safety data at all (that's my opinion on many of these new "synthetic nootropics" like fl and PRL-8-53).

DillonLoomis

DillonLoomis

Awards
kisaj Yes indeed. Mental prowess/energy/focus is the goal my friend!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
kisaj Yes indeed. Mental prowess/energy/focus is the goal my friend!
I think you would like phenylpiractam on an as needed basis as it would hit those requirements quite well. For me, I cannot take it more than 2-3 times a week due to tolerance, but in reality, it is more of a recreational noot to me. Great for activities and being outdoors because of the visual and auditory enhancement on top of the energy. It stacks nicely with noopept.

As far as Modafinil, I have taken that quite a bit and prefer Armodafinil much more.

Modafinil- fast onset and very intense for the first 2-5 hours. You better have something to do or you will get agitated. Need to deep dive into a project or something both mentally and physically engaging and it's perfect. If you don't channel all the energy into something, it can be frustrating because you actually crave to be doing things. Initial rush tapers after about 5 hours and then rides for the next 5-7 and winds down. There can be a crash that can be helped with a little caffeine to wind down a little more "smooth".

Armodafinil- Slower onset, but no initial rush, just a tingle in your head and then an overwhelming feeling of motivation and good spirits. Very energizing, but smoother and the only way I can describe it is "warmer". You just feel great and not jittery or anxious. Last very long. I will take around 7am on a Sat and it will fade around 9-10pm. There is no crash, you are just done.

propho

Awards
  • Established
I've got Noopept and Pramiracetam enroute.. will be dosing them with Alpha GPC as well to keep choline levels up..

DillonLoomis

DillonLoomis

Awards
kisaj thanks for that input. I read somewhere that Adrafinil is processed by the liver making it fairly liver toxic, whereas Modafinil bypasses the liver.

Hopefully it will be here next week and I'll be sure to post about my experience.

Slightly bummed at the moment though. My delivery of nootropics came in today (aniracetam, piracetam, choline bitartrate, theacrine, rhodea, ksm66, etc.) Took some tonight around 6 - ksm66, theacrine, choline and aniracetam...did not feel much of anything!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You aren't approaching it correctly. Noots and adaptogens aren't something you take like a drug expecting immediate results.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
kisaj thanks for that input. I read somewhere that Adrafinil is processed by the liver making it fairly liver toxic, whereas Modafinil bypasses the liver.

Hopefully it will be here next week and I'll be sure to post about my experience.

Slightly bummed at the moment though. My delivery of nootropics came in today (aniracetam, piracetam, choline bitartrate, theacrine, rhodea, ksm66, etc.) Took some tonight around 6 - ksm66, theacrine, choline and aniracetam...did not feel much of anything!
Kisaj was talking about Armodafinil, not Adrafinil , although now I'm not sure if that's why you mentioned Adrafinil or not.

I was underwhelmed by theacrine (unless you mean theanine), and while I love Ashwagandha, it isn't really something with very notable acute effects.

You aren't approaching it correctly. Noots and adaptogens aren't something you take like a drug expecting immediate results.
This, for the most part. These aren't drugs that will make you feel like Bradley Cooper in Limitless, especially after one dose. Most nootropics/adaptogens will be more noticeable when you're doing something that they could help with. I know that sounds vague and nebulous, but I notice more from nootropics when I'm engaged in mentally demanding activities, and more from adaptogens when I'm physically or mentally stressed. If you're just going to sit around, they're a waste anyway, IMO. If you're not subjecting yourself to some sort of mental testing (easy if you're taking classes), regularly engaging in a mentally demanding job, or needing to learn/memorize a lot of information, perhaps try some of those online mental tests and monitor your progress and how various ingredients help acutely and over time.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is a pretty useful site for cognitive tests. You could try taking some of the tests, just give yourself some time to become familiarized with the tests before you start attributing improvements to whatever nootropics you're taking:
http://www.cambridgebrainsciences.com/

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I 100% agree about theacrine. I think it is weak and just a grasp at the new thing from supplement companies.