PEScience SELECT protein now in bags

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
My past several orders of select protein arrived in bags instead of the jar they used to come in.

The bags suck. Did they cheap out and stop sending in jars to save money?

Is there anywhere to order from that still sends select in a jar or all bags now?

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whoever has old stock has tubs. But going forward it looks like it’s bags only.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I personally like when the powder is in a bag. Takes up less space in my over crowded supplement stash!

NutButter

NutButter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Man you aint kidding them new bags suck. It doesn't seal all the way so when I move the bag protein powder shoots out

Please go back to using jugs @nattydisaster

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Supply chain issues brother. The entire world is feeling its effects. Some plastics are hard to get or 6 to 8 months out to get tubs that usually take 2 weeks. Brands are doing what they can to keep products in stock. Also due to major price increases you will see smaller packaging and/or less servings/grams per scoop to be able to still be profitable.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My past several orders of select protein arrived in bags instead of the jar they used to come in.

The bags suck. Did they cheap out and stop sending in jars to save money?

Is there anywhere to order from that still sends select in a jar or all bags now?
Are all the specs the same? Servings. Packaging weight etc. Have any pics?

jgraves31

jgraves31

Awards
I'll agree with this formulas comment above and overall downward direction of PES over the years. REALLY do miss the original Alphamine and AnaBeta, among others. But at least their protein remains the same minus the packaging, which I solve by transferring into an empty leftover protein jug.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'll agree with this formulas comment above and overall downward direction of PES over the years. REALLY do miss the original Alphamine and AnaBeta, among others. But at least their protein remains the same minus the packaging, which I solve by transferring into an empty leftover protein jug.
Any tips for transferring from bag to jug? I tried pouring directly from the bag but that's a mess and I lose powder. I tried using a small cup and that's better but still a hassle. I'm wondering if there's something I haven't thought of.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cut a corner of the bag off and put that corner over the old jug.

jgraves31

jgraves31

Awards
The above sounds like a good plan.

I use a cup that’s not too big, but that’s still bigger than a scooper. Does take several minutes.