PES High Volume on rest days?

B

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do any of you take a pre workout on rest days to assist in recovery or do you guys see absolutely no purpose in doing this?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don’t take High Volume on rest days, but I do take RE1GN on rest days more often than I should. It’s purely for the stim buzz though..

J

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah lots of people take them for the stims. Very few will make any difference in recovery, and even then, the difference will be negligible. Just eat.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I like it on rest days, brings out some vascularity and fullness...

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use to take a pre every day no matter what because i wanted to keep the stims in me daily but i started drinking coffee so i can get a little caffeine from that and not get any headaches so I only take a pre on workout days now.

M

Muckl3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been using high volume on days I’m working if I’m feeling a lack of energy obviously not for a stim like energy as there is none but in the hope that the nitrates and citruline will provide some endurance as I work 12 hour shifts were at least 9 hours is on my feet + the 2 mile walk there and back.

Actually been thinking of 2 caps ignite and 1-2 high volume soon as ignite has a prolonged energy and the flexible dosing means I can pop a cap when I need it and the high volume should help with endurance.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I drink coffee or use a thermogenic/nootropic on rest days, but no pump products or preworkouts, especially a no-stim like High Volume. I personally don't use pump products on lower body/leg days either

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been using high volume on days I’m working if I’m feeling a lack of energy obviously not for a stim like energy as there is none but in the hope that the nitrates and citruline will provide some endurance as I work 12 hour shifts were at least 9 hours is on my feet + the 2 mile walk there and back.

Actually been thinking of 2 caps ignite and 1-2 high volume soon as ignite has a prolonged energy and the flexible dosing means I can pop a cap when I need it and the high volume should help with endurance.
A product like high volume is not exactly cheap, and is intended as a pump product for increasing blood flow during workouts. I think you are doing your wallet a huge disservice by taking this product in almost any environment outside of a hypertrophy workout. Yes there may be some endurance benefits, but this is a pump product at the end of the day.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Waste IMO as well. I can see something like agmatine I’m off days, but wouldn’t be optimal to take HV on off days. Especially money wise

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Agreed with the masses that this is a waste... the only things I would take on an off day would be things like creatine, betaine, a pre/stim (strictly for the stim boost) or something like Agamatine XT or Vaso6 (solo - SNS makes it, not one part of a formula - as most of the rest of the formula would be cash down the drain) that have legit benefits that are not just acute.

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed with the masses that this is a waste... the only things I would take on an off day would be things like creatine, betaine, a pre/stim (strictly for the stim boost) or something like Agamatine XT or Vaso6 (solo - SNS makes it, not one part of a formula - as most of the rest of the formula would be cash down the drain) that have legit benefits that are not just acute.
Why would it be a waste? Nitrates and Citruline should be used daily...If increasing performance and nitric oxide synthesis is the goal.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Why would it be a waste? Nitrates and Citruline should be used daily...If increasing performance and nitric oxide synthesis is the goal.
Cost:benefit. Would be cheaper to use other/solo ingredients vs the formula.

M

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Will say it is buy one get one 50% at VS, so $50 for 2. Think that is a good deal?

Chamaan

Chamaan

Awards
Do any of you take a pre workout on rest days to assist in recovery or do you guys see absolutely no purpose in doing this?
Total waste of money IMO. The only staples that require daily administration are creatine, betaine, peakO2 and BA if you take them so you keep your body saturated.

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Total waste of money IMO. The only staples that require daily administration are creatine, betaine, peakO2 and BA if you take them so you keep your body saturated.
prove it....

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I do believe there some products out currently that are cost effective to use even on an off day. People think taken some bulk solo ingredients can be cheaper but I’ve not had that experience and have even seen waste in it from ruining powders or eventually giving them away. Really just depends on your budget and just how many “staples” you want to include.