Pes Alphamine, fat burns, or energy drink?

snu22

snu22

Awards
This make no sense we know they energy drink is big, they could have created another product to sell in that category and keep alphamine. Hopefully another company can use there old formula
As much as I dislike the reformulation, from a business perspective it makes sense for PES to do it the way they did instead of creating a whole new product. Alphamine already has the massive name recognition which gives it a much greater chance of success as an energy drink to appeal to the masses compared to a new unfamiliar product name.

What I wish they would have done (and can still do..) is move the Alphamine formula to a new product for the hordes of us who loved it so much. Either that or backtrack on the horrific changes to Norcodrene and market it as their super powerful fat-burning thermo. IMO it's not the Alphamine change that has everyone up in arms, it's the combination of the Alphamine AND Norcodrene reformulations that has irked people. If we still had Norco as it was previously I know personally I would be much less disappointed in the Alphamine reformulation (because honestly PES having 2 thermos in their product line was a little strange in the first place). As it stands I will no longer have an effective thermo/mood enhancer from PES and will have to start looking elsewhere.

I will still support PES and will continue buying the **** out of their protein and F95 though :D

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
We will see when it is released how people feel.

Not the slightest in what I am trying to get at.

I'm simply stating, I understand people are upset about the change, but when it comes down to it, the fact is, if you don't like the product, don't buy it. Simple as that.
for the record, i personally appreciate your straight forward attitude towards this, as theres not much better alternative quite frankly.

obviously i would love an all exclusive financial/business model/future product/transparent current formula reasoning behind everything, however im a realistic person. and much prefer your approach vs feeling like im getting smoke blown up my rear end. the latter quite frankly is how some of the reasoning comes off at times not exclusive this this latest news.

although i likely wont buy alphamine, i think for people that have not tried theanine, this will provide a very nice feeling pick me up, i love the ingredient and always have it on my shelf.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I missed it ( I just quickly skimmed through ) but what, alternative brand would be the closest replacement for alphamine?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Doubt there is a powdered fat burner, but I made a suggestion earlier for a better(imo) energy supp than the new Alphamine.

Ton of good looking burners from OL and Evomuse. Can'tCan't go wrong there.

EC is tried and true as well.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
^ you recommend the focus xt right? I do love focus xt, that and hypermax are my preworkouts of choice. Just wandering about any other options closer to alphamine

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
^ you recommend the focus xt right? I do love focus xt, that and hypermax are my preworkouts of choice. Just wandering about any other options closer to alphamine
ANS Diablo

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Got the email about buying the "tastier than ever" Alphamine at 30% off. Was happy to try it then I realized they butchered it to hell and now I'm done with it. Was my only go to fat loss product since it came out. Goodbye old friend. Very uncool to change the entire product and keep the name imo. Lots of people will get duped not paying attention and thinking it's the same as always.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Its clearly an energy drink. It states it in the ad of their site where it crushes a cup of coffee and a can of something. Not great rivals I guess.

PES did a smart move, we have an uneducated industry of energy drinks where energy equals caffeine and sugar. And then comes PES, with lot of experience in supplements that says no sugar no fat but more energy. Thats how I see it

PS. I forsee an RTD version

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The argument that it's a good energy drink alternative is sound, but an invalid counter to those of us dismayed to see our beloved fat burner replaced in such a manner.

I think it's awesome that PES has a powdered energy drink alternative. I think it's a decent product for said purpose. I think it's the right move for them business-wise. However, it also sucks that it had to take the Alphamine name, which has been a different product for years.

In short: both statements are true and are not at odds with eachother. 1. New Alphamine is a good energy drink alternative. 2. Old Alphamine will be sorely missed by many.

PS. I forsee an RTD version
That would sort of defeat the purpose of their current marketing.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
Got the email about buying the "tastier than ever" Alphamine at 30% off. Was happy to try it then I realized they butchered it to hell and now I'm done with it. Was my only go to fat loss product since it came out. Goodbye old friend. Very uncool to change the entire product and keep the name imo. Lots of people will get duped not paying attention and thinking it's the same as always.
The company sold out.

Dsldude

Awards
PES have been going downhill for a while imho, started pulling components out of Alphamine a couple of years ago and was never quite as good since, then they changed Erase etc, just not like the good old days.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PES have been going downhill for a while imho, started pulling components out of Alphamine a couple of years ago and was never quite as good since, then they changed Erase etc, just not like the good old days.
Feedback on new erase is better than old erase, not to mention it is more compliant. Erase + is the best version yet.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Well people get what people want.

All people talked about was how great energy they got from it, how awesome it tasted and how sad that they had to come off (many did not) etc. Not so much talk about it's great fat-burning effects.
Alphamine was a fat-burner but as i read many times on these forums not always used as such but more as an energy drink and well guess what you got, an energy drink that you don't have to cycle, you can be on it year around and chase your energy high.
I'm only sad that Alphamine as a fat-burner had to step aside for that.

The content in "old" Alphamine (Yohimbe, higamine etc) puts stress on the body and should therefore be cycled and used for what it was made for, people under 10% bodyfat trying to attack stubborn areas of fat deposits not as an energy drink.
The energy kick and taste is all good but that is not what I'm after, I'm after the fat-burning effects not chasing an energy high.

But then again people get what people want.

Will be buying a 4 more jars of "old" Alphamine (to be used for other cutts) as an salute to a great supplement.

Also sad to see that PES moving down mainstream street.
PES for me has always been cutting edge supplements that works, targeting the cutting edge and has an ingredient profile i could not find elsewhere.
With these changes as i see it they are moving away from that, targeting a more wider consumer base leaving us more "hardcore" in the dark.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Justify it however you want, but it's not foolin' us.

ShawnMH

Awards
Not even close. Just finished a tub of the most recent version of OG Alphamine after a long break, my insider order came today and just tried it - I hadn't even realized there was a reformulation when I ordered till I unpacked it.

What a let down.

Going to be stopping at a local vitamin store to clean it out of backstock tomorrow, at full inflated price.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And here I am, wishing I could go back in time to 2004 for some VPX Redline. That first formulation has never been equaled in the "energy drink" supp market.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not even close. Just finished a tub of the most recent version of OG Alphamine after a long break, my insider order came today and just tried it - I hadn't even realized there was a reformulation when I ordered till I unpacked it.

What a let down.

Going to be stopping at a local vitamin store to clean it out of backstock tomorrow, at full inflated price.
"I would have to insist that you change the name."
https://youtu.be/FFJo3KhcZw4

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Has anyone else tried it? Feels like caffeine! Maybe a little theanine? Definitely a let down.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone else tried it? Feels like caffeine! Maybe a little theanine? Definitely a let down.
Just tried a scoop. I felt like I drank a cup of coffee. Very disappointing. I'll stick to coffee.

iboj007

iboj007

Awards
Just tried a scoop. I felt like I drank a cup of coffee. Very disappointing. I'll stick to coffee.
Next we're going to be getting fluff "feedback" from users saying that it feels better than the original. Mark this down.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Erase is really improved!
Erase Pro og create too many problems, joint pain, and low libido.
Erase Pro, penultimate, and latest version, it works well!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Erase Pro + is great, agreed sir

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What were/are your expectations with it?

Like we've stated, its more of an energy drink now. So if you felt like you drank a cup of coffee, well, then Alphamine did its job.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards

Like we've stated, its more of an energy drink now. So if you felt like you drank a cup of coffee, well, then Alphamine did its job.
Well I did a full scoop of Mesomorph this morning. I could have easily worked out for hours on end. Finally wearing off now, that feeling you get when you drink too many cups of coffee? I was focused in the gym this morning though so it did its job. I didn' feel jittery off of it, just wired for a while and needed to pace around and find something to do. If I didnt stay busy I got a little edgy. The feeling was simliar to Yohimbine but just not with the negative sides. Such as a serious crash and pissed off mood after having to leave the gym.

DMAA is not as hardcore as people make it out to be.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I did a full scoop of Mesomorph this morning. I could have easily worked out for hours on end. Finally wearing off now, that feeling you get when you drink too many cups of coffee? I was focused in the gym this morning though so it did its job. I didn' feel jittery off of it, just wired for a while and needed to pace around and find something to do. If I didnt stay busy I got a little edgy. The feeling was simliar to Yohimbine but just not with the negative sides. Such as a serious crash and pissed off mood after having to leave the gym.

DMAA is not as hardcore as people make it out to be.
What do you mean "hardcore"?

DMAA seems to have done exactly what its meant to do for you, high energy, extreme focus, and having to force yourself to leave the gym. Yeah, some notice a crash from DMAA, while others don't, which seems to be one of the negative side effects.

I don't find DMAA to be similar to Y at all.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
What do you mean "hardcore"?

DMAA seems to have done exactly what its meant to do for you, high energy, extreme focus, and having to force yourself to leave the gym. Yeah, some notice a crash from DMAA, while others don't, which seems to be one of the negative side effects.

I don't find DMAA to be similar to Y at all.
Nothing really dangerous about it at all. Can't believe they banned preworkouts that have it to be honest with you in the past. I could see them banning bulk DMAA but thats about it.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Sure, it lived up to its unimpressive label. Is that what you want me to say? Sorry I thought forums were for giving your opinion. My opinion is that the "feel" is no different than a single cup of coffee. This is in no way a fitness/bodybuilding product.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Well even if that's all that I note (getting them soon) I'd still be happy. I don't drink coffee lol. And convenience for me, custom dose, flavour of choice.

Even if not for that, cheaper than coffee. Matches caffeine content in average energy drinks much more affordably as well.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well even if that's all that I note (getting them soon) I'd still be happy. I don't drink coffee lol. And convenience for me, custom dose, flavour of choice.

Even if not for that, cheaper than coffee. Matches caffeine content in average energy drinks much more affordably as well.
Cheaper than coffee? Not a chance, but I hope you enjoy it.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I hope so too

SBIK

Awards

Probably more than a cup of coffee.

Driven basically says the same thing as you but in a much better way, You just seem defensive and like u dont give 2 ****s now.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sure, it lived up to its unimpressive label. Is that what you want me to say? Sorry I thought forums were for giving your opinion. My opinion is that the "feel" is no different than a single cup of coffee. This is in no way a fitness/bodybuilding product.
An honest opinion is always appreciated and wanted.

I wasn't trying to come off negative by my comment, I just was curious what you were expecting, as you stated it seemed like you drank a cup of coffee, which is what most energy drinks on the market are used for.

Probably more than a cup of coffee.

Driven basically says the same thing as you but in a much better way, You just seem defensive and like u dont give 2 ****s now.
Defensive, yes. But for good reason. I could just sit back and not say anything, but that wouldn't help much. I am simply trying to let people know what the product is marketed to do now, and that I do understand people are upset about the change.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
If PEScience wants to send a message I recommend releasing a pre with DMAA and Yohimbe HCl combined along with 175 mg of caffeine per serving.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If PEScience wants to send a message I recommend releasing a pre with DMAA and Yohimbe HCl combined along with 175 mg of caffeine per serving.
We've got something better coming.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Just sit tight AM, PEScience has some real fun coming

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope your releasing something better without Y...
Wouldn't make sense to come out with another product containing a form of Y when we just reformulated products that contained the compound.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wouldn't make sense to come out with another product containing a form of Y when we just reformulated products that contained the compound.
Well, reformulating the best 2 fat burners on the market didn't make sense either, so, you know...

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, reformulating the best 2 fat burners on the market didn't make sense either, so, you know...
Again, there are reasons behind why they were reformulated.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hopefully it's not a pre. That market is over saturated, and over rated.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hopefully it's not a pre. That market is over saturated, and over rated.
Sorry to tell you, but we are in the process of developing a stim based pre.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to tell you, but we are in the process of developing a stim based pre.
Pres are one of the only things im interested in outside of health supps. Color me intrigued