Performax Labs Powermax XT Log

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
First of all, I want to give a huge thanks to Performax Labs for allowing me to try this. I have tried many of their products and have thoroughly enjoyed all of them. Nootropimax was great for the time that I ran it, and now that school has started back up I will be picking up some more when I get the chance.

I haven't used any supplements in the past few months, other than the occasional pre workout and they are fairly weak, so I am excited to add something in to help with motivation which I have been lacking . Over the summer I didn't get to the gym more than probably twice a week, so I lost some size, but I ate around maintenance and stayed in decent shape.

Currently I am around 190 pounds, 6'0'', and maybe 12% body fat. I eat around maintenance calories, with some days being less and others being way over. Lol this has been my diet for the past few months so that is not really anything new, and I have been pretty stagnant in my body composition changes. Since I have not been consistent in the gym until a couple of weeks ago, I don't have good starting stats, but I can get some if that will help. Except, I haven't touched a barbell in over a year due to shoulder surgery and I am hesitant to get back into it as I still have minor issues with it.

My current schedule is
Chest/Triceps
Back/Biceps
Legs
Shoulders/Arms

I will post my workouts every once in a while, but I will mostly be keep track of my energy during workouts, significant strength or endurance benefits I notice, pumps, and any body changes I see. I will start keeping better track of calories, but my eating habits will remain the same, and I will start to check my weight more often for the log. If there is anything else you guys would like, let me know.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I got home after todays Chest and Tricep workout and the package was on my porch. I went ahead and tried a scoop even though it is an intra product, just because I am inpatient.

My first impression is do not shake if you are wanting to drink it quickly.. Lol I put a scoop in about 12 ounces of water, gave it a few shakes and it foamed up to the top of the shaker bottle and would not go down. Other than that, the actual mixed water was very smooth, no chunks, it tasted almost exactly like the Orange Dream Popsicles, a little light on the flavor, but I don't know if that could be due to the foaming? Either way, it was nice and not too strong which is good for me. I don't really like much during a workout other than plain water, but this was easy on my stomach, even after drinking it quicker than I would if I was taking it intra workout. Other than the foaming issue which I will just stir it or mix it up sooner, my initial impression is very good considering I am not a huge Orange flavor fan.

IMG_2708.JPG

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In.

What I like to do is this:

Since it's an intra workout product, I shake and take it to the gym. Start sipping as I walk in. Every time it goes down about halfway, I fill my shaker cup up almost all the way. Usually do this about 5x throughout my workout. On my last exercise I don't refill it and I drink it and finish it as I'm walking out.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To minimize froth/foam I sometimes mix it in a glass with a spoon. That mixes it completely, but doesn't disturb it enough to make a ton of foam. Alternatively, sometimes I'm just gentile/slow shaking/mixing it in the bottle. It mixes quite easily IMO, so sort of just slowly stirring it works well enough without having to vigorously shake it.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
To minimize froth/foam I sometimes mix it in a glass with a spoon. That mixes it completely, but doesn't disturb it enough to make a ton of foam. Alternatively, sometimes I'm just gentile/slow shaking/mixing it in the bottle. It mixes quite easily IMO, so sort of just slowly stirring it works well enough without having to vigorously shake it.
If I'm leaving from home I will use a spoon next time for sure. If not, then I'll gently swirl and shake it to minimize this. I just wasn't expecting it or thinking it through so I just threw a scoop in and started shaking away. Lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I'm leaving from home I will use a spoon next time for sure. If not, then I'll gently swirl and shake it to minimize this. I just wasn't expecting it or thinking it through so I just threw a scoop in and started shaking away. Lol
Haha, I've done that in a water bottle and had half a bottle of foam.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
In.

What I like to do is this:

Since it's an intra workout product, I shake and take it to the gym. Start sipping as I walk in. Every time it goes down about halfway, I fill my shaker cup up almost all the way. Usually do this about 5x throughout my workout. On my last exercise I don't refill it and I drink it and finish it as I'm walking out.
That's a good idea too, it will get me to drink more water as well which is always good.

I hope things aren't too bad for you down in Texas. My program at the university is planning a couple trips down to help with clean up, I am hoping I'll be able to make it since I can't help much money wise!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea if you really shake this up in a shaker it can foam but as others stated it mixes easily so that's simply not necessary. I mix myn about 15 min before gym by the time I get in the gym its not foamy anymore and just give light shakes to keep it evenly mixed!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yea if you really shake this up in a shaker it can foam but as others stated it mixes easily so that's simply not necessary. I mix myn about 15 min before gym by the time I get in the gym its not foamy anymore and just give light shakes to keep it evenly mixed!
I don't want it to seem as if I'm complaining, I think posting that picture may make it seem that way now. It is not an issue for me at all as there are ways to prevent it. It was more of a heads up to anyone else who hasn't used it yet and me laughing at myself for acting like a child and ripping it open in excitement and just going to town. Lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't want it to seem as if I'm complaining, I think posting that picture nah make it seem that way now. It is not an issue for me at all as there are ways to prevent it. It was more of a heads up to anyone else who hasn't used it yet and me laughing at myself for acting like a child and ripping it open in excitement and just going to town. Lol
Honesty is the key in reviews man, I didn't see it as you complaining at all, just sharing/logging your experience.

I really enjoy it with Orange Gatorade powder intra-workout. Cheap carb source works fine for me, and I think the flavors go well together in large amounts of water (I use almost 1 scoop of the Gatorade that's in the tub). There's also research suggesting that WPH goes well with carbs, so it's a great combo if you like intra-workout carbs.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No worries at all! I didn't take it as if you were complaining! Certain ingredients cause products like this to foam up. There are ways around it, yes. But as long as the product mixes easily (which it does) then it's no biggie!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I mixed the scoop today with a spoon and it mixed very easily and no foam at all. I'm not sure if I'll make it to the gym after class but I'm hoping I can.

I weighed a level scoop and it was only about 17g so about 4g off from a serving size. My scale could be slightly off, maybe The Solution could weigh it out to double check.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I mixed todays with about 24 ounces of water and drank a little more than half of it, then refilled it at the gym. I started sipping on it on my drive to the gym and I finished it up after my third exercise. I will upload todays workout, mine aren't always consistent due to limited gym equipment and I keep my workout times under an hour so I don't have time to wait around for the equipment to clear up so I improvise.

The flavor was just as good and actually didn't really seem any less noticeable with the increased water, it did seem more orange and less of a cream flavor though. My workout overall was decent, but the pumps and energy weren't really there. I did increase weight or reps on a few movements though. My shoulder still gives me trouble off and on so I have to adjust to that accordingly.

My weight pre workout was right around 189 pounds.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you are enjoying it! My first tub is about halfway gone. Gotta order more. Love the stuff.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I did arms and shoulders today, I am holding off on legs until Sunday so my girlfriend can go with me. We've got a work party for her tomorrow night so I probably won't go to the gym.

Energy was definitely not there today, I had to take a nap before the gym but once I got there the pump was great and vascularity wasn't bad considering I have never been a vascular person.

I'm not having any issues with the mixing, I just put a scoop in a bottle and stir it with a spoon really quick and it mixes up just fine. A good amount will settle to the bottom while sipping on it, but a few gently swirls and slow shakes mix it back up just fine with no foam still.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My joints have been killing me lately, especially my knees, so I took legs really light and tried more to focus on the muscle contractions and lighter weight.

Today was chest and triceps, I felt very strong starting out the work out and a few of my lifts went up in weight. Towards the end though I leveled off and stayed about consistent with the previous lifts from last week. The cream flavor is not very noticeable now in the Powermax, it seemed a lot more prevalent in my first taste, but that may have just been me expecting it to be more of a cream flavor and so I noticed it more. Either way, not a huge deal as it still tastes good.

I am open to suggestions for my joint issues, seeing as it is overall and I have always had problems, I think it may be about time to actually go to a doctor for all of my joints as opposed to just when one gets hurt more severely. Lol, I am wondering if I might actually have arthritis even though I am so young.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Feeling any better? I have always just used cissus. I have not tried any of the newer joint products though.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Feeling any better? I have always just used cissus. I have not tried any of the newer joint products though.
Not really.. Lol still shoulder pain and slight knee aches.

I've got a doctors appointment soon so I will bring it up, I'm interested in knowing why I have such bad joints, but not interested in going through the process to figure it out.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I did legs and a little shoulder work today, it was quick so I just drank the Powermax pre workout. I used less water this time, about 8 ounces and I could definitely taste the creamy flavor more with the less water.

Leg strength was pretty good despite being tired and I even had a little arm vascularity even though I had only done legs so far.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did legs and a little shoulder work today, it was quick so I just drank the Powermax pre workout. I used less water this time, about 8 ounces and I could definitely taste the creamy flavor more with the less water.

Leg strength was pretty good despite being tired and I even had a little arm vascularity even though I had only done legs so far.
I notice the same as well. Less water and you taste the creamy flavor.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm sorry I've been slacking a little bit, I have been really busy. I've got a lot of school work and a national competition I've been working on as well.

My shoulder was killing me all weekend, I think I may have some scar tissue from surgery. It felt good Monday so I did some really light back and biceps. I focused a lot on feeling the muscle and holding the weight while under tension and got a great workout in, even with the light weights.

I plan on getting back in to see my surgeon soon once things calm down at school a little bit.

I've still got a good amount left in the tub since I've only been making it to the gym 4 days a week.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sorry I've been slacking a little bit, I have been really busy. I've got a lot of school work and a national competition I've been working on as well.

My shoulder was killing me all weekend, I think I may have some scar tissue from surgery. It felt good Monday so I did some really light back and biceps. I focused a lot on feeling the muscle and holding the weight while under tension and got a great workout in, even with the light weights.

I plan on getting back in to see my surgeon soon once things calm down at school a little bit.

I've still got a good amount left in the tub since I've only been making it to the gym 4 days a week.
4 days is still good.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
4 days is still good.
Yeah it's about all I can get there lately which sucks, but it still gets the job done. I did legs again today to give my shoulder some more rest before doing chest.

I actually weighed a couple pounds less when I weighed today which was kind of a shock, if anything I look bigger. My body fat seems to have remained the same though.

I'm thinking of trying out something different that allows me to hit each muscle twice a week, while staying at 3-4 days a week in the gym. I am slowly starting to get more into cardio lately also. I have never been good with running, but I want to get to where I can run a few miles at once. Currently I can only do about half a mile before I can't breathe lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah it's about all I can get there lately which sucks, but it still gets the job done. I did legs again today to give my shoulder some more rest before doing chest.

I actually weighed a couple pounds less when I weighed today which was kind of a shock, if anything I look bigger. My body fat seems to have remained the same though.

I'm thinking of trying out something different that allows me to hit each muscle twice a week, while staying at 3-4 days a week in the gym. I am slowly starting to get more into cardio lately also. I have never been good with running, but I want to get to where I can run a few miles at once. Currently I can only do about half a mile before I can't breathe lol
It's always good to change up the routine!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's always good to change up the routine!
Yeah, I’m having trouble finding one I like though. I’m very picky so I may end up doing PHAT like always lol

I did find a simple training outline for a 5k that I’m going to start today as well and see how that goes.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was able to do chest today with a friend so I got to try bench pressing for the first time in over a year. Lol it actually went well for the first time and I had no issues doing 135 which I was shocked about, which sounds terribly weak but I was definitely expecting worse.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was surprisingly not too sore today after having done a few new chest movements that I haven’t done in over a year, I’d say this is the first major recovery aspect I have noticed from the Powermax.

I did arms and shoulders today, I felt pretty strong today as well.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I started PHAT again so today was Upper Power. It takes a little bit to get used to PHAT when I start it back up, but it’s one of my favorites. Upper Power days won’t be as good as before since I can’t do it how I used to like because of my shoulder.

I have been taking Kratom at night and it’s been helping with the pain.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PHAT is awesome. Because of my bi weekly work schedule, I can only run it every other week but I dig it.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
PHAT is awesome. Because of my bi weekly work schedule, I can only run it every other week but I dig it.
I almost always find my way back to doing PHAT. It has been a while since I have done it, and just switching back to that alone has brought back some motivation I am lacking.

I took today off, it was supposed to be Lower Body Hypertrophy but my leg soreness just hit me after Tuesday's Lower Body Power day.

I did Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy yesterday and it was awesome. I felt nice and strong during the workout and I ended up with a decent pump as well. I could really feel the muscles working.

I probably have 3-4 workouts left with the Powermax if I am guessing right. I may do Chest and Arms Hypertrophy tomorrow and save Legs for Saturday to do with my girlfriend.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I almost always find my way back to doing PHAT. It has been a while since I have done it, and just switching back to that alone has brought back some motivation I am lacking.

I took today off, it was supposed to be Lower Body Hypertrophy but my leg soreness just hit me after Tuesday's Lower Body Power day.

I did Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy yesterday and it was awesome. I felt nice and strong during the workout and I ended up with a decent pump as well. I could really feel the muscles working.

I probably have 3-4 workouts left with the Powermax if I am guessing right. I may do Chest and Arms Hypertrophy tomorrow and save Legs for Saturday to do with my girlfriend.
That’s how I do it! I save my leg day for my fiancé. That’s awesome.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’ve been really busy lately.

I did Upper Body Power today. It felt really good, I felt quite a bit stronger compared to last week, I was able to increase weight a good amount on the majority of my lifts.

I think tomorrow will be my last day of the Powermax for Lower Body Power, so I should have a final review up in the next couple of days.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Final day with Powermax was today, and it ended up being a great workout. It was supposed to on be Lower Body Power, which I did. But I also added in some extra arms work because I didn’t want to leave. Lol

This weeks Lower Body Power completely blew last weeks out of the water. I added one additional movement that I skipped last week, I added weight to all the lifts, and I still had enough left in me to add a few bicep and triceps movements.

I’m really busy with school right now but I will have a final review up here soon.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay guys, here is my final review. Once again thank you to everyone at Performax Labs!

Mixing 7/10
So the Powermax doesn't mix the best when using the traditional method of shaking it in a bottle, it will get super foamy if you do it this way. But, if you just swirl the water around in the cup then there is no issues, there was some settling at the bottom if the cup was left still for a few minutes, but a quick swirl got rid of it. This did not bug me at all, but I know some people will be more annoyed with it.

Taste 9/10
I was actually surprised with how much I liked the flavor. I have not enjoyed orange flavored supplements in the past but this one tasted really well. The cream flavor was only noticeable with smaller amounts of water.

Price 10/10
I believe it can be found for $1/serving so the price point is perfect.

Strength and Endurance 8/10
It is hard for me to train for strength too much due to joint issues, but towards the end of the log I could definitely tell an increase in strength from week to week. I was able to increase weight and keep the same reps if not more on most movements. My endurance also seemed to increase decently as I was increasing reps regularly.

Pumps 7/10
I did not notice any significant pumps when using the Powermax alone, but it did seem to increase the pump effect of pre workouts as opposed to using the pre workouts on their own. I did notice a little more vascularity while using it, though.

Final 8/10
Overall, I really enjoyed using this. I noticed good strength increases, slight vascularity increase, my weight stayed just about the same throughout the log. I look a little bit bigger despite no increase in weight, but I don't seem to have gained any fat at all. My diet remained the same as it had been previous to starting the log. I did not expect extraordinary things from this, as no one really should, but the noticeable performance increase was still there. It does seem to be worth the cost as you get a solid dose of ingredients and a good taste for a good price.