Peptides in NASAL SPRAYS??

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm seeing peptides being sold in the form of nasal sprays. Hexarelin, melanotan 2, etc ...

Does anybody have any experience with this? How is the bioavailability compared to SubQu injections?

Also, where does everybody order peptides in EU? Looking to stoxk up on cjcdac and hex for my upcoming cut ...

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve heard of this and seem to recall bioavailability being very good but I’ve not used nasal and I don’t think there’s many that are available in that form....

99% of peptides come from China so that may present you issues (although the Chinese company i use didn’t seem to be bothered by the ban, the Corona virus has fucked things though

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wonder, if these are just reconstituted peptides poured in to a spray bottle ... If this is the case, we could make them our selfs. I mean, it goes without saying that having short half life peptides (hexarelina, ipamorelin, Mod GRF1, etc.) in a spray in your pocket, application of 3x a day (or more) would be totally effortless. Imagine going to do gym, you do your workout, and then it's time for a 30 min fasted cardio, you go to the locker, spray 100mcg's of hex in your nose, and of you go to an extremely effective fat burning cardio sesh ... That is, if they don't go bad seeing as you wouldn't have them stored in a cold refrigerator. Although you could have a small cold bag in your gym bag just for the peptides.

I mean, this sounds awesome.

*I also wonder what this means for your nasal cavity and sinuses health ...

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve heard of this and seem to recall bioavailability being very good but I’ve not used nasal and I don’t think there’s many that are available in that form....
Idk. it seems all that make sense (low half life ones) are more or less available.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I wonder, if these are just reconstituted peptides poured in to a spray bottle ...
That's literally all they are. It's just so they can sell more peptides to people scared of needles.

RusTLad

Awards
Not certain on the bioavailabilty of the intranasal delivery system but its worth noting that peptides used in the treatment of dementia use this system rather than injections. That might indicate its an effective delivery method for some peptides.

My main concern would whether the peptides are being shipped already reconstituted in the spray bottles. I would consider making my own peptide spray but I'm not sure if the usual reconstitution methods would be suitable?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not certain on the bioavailabilty of the intranasal delivery system but its worth noting that peptides used in the treatment of dementia use this system rather than injections. That might indicate its an effective delivery method for some peptides.

My main concern would whether the peptides are being shipped already reconstituted in the spray bottles. I would consider making my own peptide spray but I'm not sure if the usual reconstitution methods would be suitable?
Which Peptide sprays are used for dementia?

RusTLad

Awards
Which Peptide sprays are used for dementia?
In the reasrch it's referred to as R8-Aβ(25-35)-PEI, I imagine it has a brand name now that I'm not aware of.

That particular peptide is designed to stop or probably more accurately slow down the catabolism of APP in the brain and therfore prevent the build up of amyloid plaque. That being said this plaque build up is specific to Alzeheimers disease.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In the reasrch it's referred to as R8-Aβ(25-35)-PEI, I imagine it has a brand name now that I'm not aware of.

That particular peptide is designed to stop or probably more accurately slow down the catabolism of APP in the brain and therfore prevent the build up of amyloid plaque. That being said this plaque build up is specific to Alzeheimers disease.
Thanks man.
Just trying to learn about something I don't know about.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Maybe there is some other delivery method ... we don't know until somebody with more knowledge chimes in ...

Off course they are shipped reconstituted. Otherwise they would just be selling peptides in a sprey bottle instead of an ampule hehe

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Maybe there is some other delivery method ... we don't know until somebody with more knowledge chimes in ...

Off course they are shipped reconstituted. Otherwise they would just be selling peptides in a sprey bottle instead of an ampule hehe
I've been pinning my peptides IM as recommended on another board. No more subq lumps, and theoretically the peak should be higher, which is all that matters with peptides. They won't be in your system long enough (other than cjc dac) to initiate more than one pulse.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been pinning my peptides IM as recommended on another board. No more subq lumps, and theoretically the peak should be higher, which is all that matters with peptides. They won't be in your system long enough (other than cjc dac) to initiate more than one pulse.
I'm happy for you ... ? Have anything to say about the topic at hand though?

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm happy for you ... ? Have anything to say about the topic at hand though?
You were wondering about another delivery method, haha. I think in theory intranasal peptides should work, and I do not believe it would be damaging to the sinus cavity.

I've also heard of transdermal peptides...

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Several studies have used this method as an alternative to expensive, pinned GH mostly in children. I believe the consensus is that its not as effective as sub q but still works. Personally, I can only see this as viable if you’re trying to hide your usage for whatever reason. Otherwise, sub q is pretty painless.

And many, many more...

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Several studies have used this method as an alternative to expensive, pinned GH mostly in children. I believe the consensus is that its not as effective as sub q but still works. Personally, I can only see this as viable if you’re trying to hide your usage for whatever reason. Otherwise, sub q is pretty painless.

And many, many more...
Nice. I'll look into those.

I found a study (posted on reddit) that did a test on rats. Peptides disolved in water sprayed into the nasal cavities. Compared to injection. Now I know this are rats, but still, it's an indication.

Pretty poor bioavailability compared to inject:

Ipamorelin: 21%
GHRP-2: 53%
GHRP-6: 30%

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
"The magnitude of the GH peaks induced by in GHRH was significantly lower than that induced by iv GHRH."

Can't read the full article as it's not for free but this doesn't sound like it's over 50% bioavailability imo.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You were wondering about another delivery method, haha. I think in theory intranasal peptides should work, and I do not believe it would be damaging to the sinus cavity.

I've also heard of transdermal peptides...
I am quite against injectin watter (non oil) into the muscle. That's just asking for trouble and pain if you ask me. How long have you been doing IM with peptides? Is the bioavailability that much better IM compared to SubQ?

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I am quite against injectin watter (non oil) into the muscle. That's just asking for trouble and pain if you ask me. How long have you been doing IM with peptides? Is the bioavailability that much better IM compared to SubQ?
Been doing IM peptides 3 weeks now, zero pain or issues. Why are you against injecting water into muscle? It's quite common with GH.

It seems more common than subq over on professional muscle, only anecdotal reports that it may increase the GH peak. So far I would continue IM just to prevent subq lumps around my navel. They were getting real bad pinning 3-4× a day and my abs look a lot better with no lumps.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
MT2 works very well in nasal spray. I made my own and would not trust a premixed for stability reasons.

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
IME, Melanotan II and oxytocin work fine as nasal spray. I used always physiological serum (0.9% NaCl) for injection.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
I wonder, if these are just reconstituted peptides poured in to a spray bottle ...
I’m sure that is exactly what they are.

Last edited:
heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
MT2 works very well in nasal spray. I made my own and would not trust a premixed for stability reasons.
What’s your concentration? 10 mg per 10 ml of xyz solution for example? Simply, how many mg per ml?

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
IME, Melanotan II and oxytocin work fine as nasal spray. I used always physiological serum (0.9% NaCl) for injection.
No burning? And is that for subQ or IM? I give a lot of IM injections (as I am an RN), we reconstitute most with sterile water for injection (SWFI) assuming it requires reconstitution, as many already come diluted.

When IVs go bad and consequently subQ, it tends to burn and cause irritation, hence my curiosity.

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
No burning? And is that for subQ or IM? I give a lot of IM injections (as I am an RN), we reconstitute most with sterile water for injection (SWFI) assuming it requires reconstitution, as many already come diluted.

When IVs go bad and consequently subQ, it tends to burn and cause irritation, hence my curiosity.
In my case, I've only tried these peptides with nasal sprays, never SQ or IM. But at least GH segretagogues seem to be more cost-effective SQ than intranasal, so maybe just stick to injections in these kind of peptides.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
In my case, I've only tried these peptides with nasal sprays, never SQ or IM. But at least GH segretagogues seem to be more cost-effective SQ than intranasal, so maybe just stick to injections in these kind of peptides.
Got ya. Yeah in that case saline makes sense. I would never recommend injecting saline unless you are in a vein which doesn’t ever really apply in this community.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If the bioavailability from mice remotely correlates to humans, then it's really not cost effective. 5mg's of hex is beeing sold for (I think) 4x the price of normal hex in a vial. Doesn't make sense why the price jump, if the peptide is only disolved in saline or bac ...

I'm going to email them and ask about the details.

Reactions: UNX