Peloton

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No I dont want a Peloton. Way too much.. But an off brand. I actually want a rower but this might motivate the wife a little and she prefers a bike. Anyone ever buy an off brand of one. I like the idea of live workouts. Can't rememeber the brand names but off brands pop up on my Facebook feeds now. When I see them I will post them.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don’t know much about it, but I’m sure something like the bowflex bike, or a couple of the similar options would be just fine. The price on he peloton is just nuts.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My sister in law give me her sunny bike when she bought a pellton and it’s great at 1/5th of the price. I rode her peloton afterwards and it’s nicer but not worth that much more. Plus you have to pay a monthly subscrition to use the tv.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Myx Fitness and Norditrac are two. Myx is cheaper juat not sure kn quality of the bike.

Plus with the Peloton you have to buy special shoes. No way

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Myx Fitness and Norditrac are two. Myx is cheaper juat not sure kn quality of the bike.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm betting that just like anything else now- bikes, campers, boats, trampolines, etc... you will fine Pelotons available at a fraction of their price by next Spring.

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I picked up a pro form exercise bike. It was free with the ifit membership for 3 years, which you need anyway to access the programs. It’s about 30 a month. I enjoy their treadmill better but the bike does a good low impact cardio, I believe they have a rower as well

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No I dont want a Peloton. Way too much.. But an off brand. I actually want a rower but this might motivate the wife a little and she prefers a bike. Anyone ever buy an off brand of one. I like the idea of live workouts. Can't rememeber the brand names but off brands pop up on my Facebook feeds now. When I see them I will post them.
I would try and talk her into a rower. Rowers are a full body hit and you can do some serious cardio and strength both with it. One of the most undervalued pieces of gym equipment out there. Everyone hits the treadmills and bikes but a rower is for the serious players.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I picked up a pro form exercise bike. It was free with the ifit membership for 3 years, which you need anyway to access the programs. It’s about 30 a month. I enjoy their treadmill better but the bike does a good low impact cardio, I believe they have a rower as well
Are Proform classes live? I would rather do live and see leaderboards. Little extra motivation. I am making a purchase from someone during black Friday sales if they have any.. More than likely the Proform bike or Noditrac.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I bought a no-name spin bike off of ebay new for about 300. That was 10+ years ago and it is going strong. As long as you get one that has a decent metal thickness and heavy wheel, mine is 45lbs I think for the wheel, you are going to be good to go. I did have to change/add padding to the seat as it was akin to sitting on the spine of a textbook lol. I have weighed 215-260 the whole time I have used it as well so it has held up well.

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
@kjscatch Cool new feature I just learned

yes there are live classes and there is a function to show a leader board with different filters for distance, calories, watts, effort score, avg rpm elevation gain. The instructor changes and sets your resistance for you

Here is a link to the ifit live class schedules. It comes up defaulted to treadmill. It took me a moment but on the second top banner you will see where to change it to bike

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I let my wife pick and she decided with the Myx bike. So we will try it and if we don't like it, we will jailbreak the tablet on it. Gets delivered on the 5th.