PEDs only on days you work out? The need for cycling. (Hypothetical)

UniqueUserName

Awards
I know this is not the way things are done but I'm just genuinely curious as to why. Say you had a Sarm or Steroid that works the same day or GH with a short half life. Surely you would still get a benefit from taking it say 3 days a week, not the same benefit as taking it 7 days a week but at least 3/7ths of the benefit. I know it may be different depending on the drug in question, if it requires time to accumulate in the body etc. but for those that don't. Could there be something to this?

I'm wondering if this has any merit to get bang for your buck so to speak in terms of cost and effect and more importantly benefit to risk ratio in terms of health.
Take for example, if you took a huge dose of LGD everyday the risks would increase at a higher rate than the benefit of muscle gain. So surely in reverse you could say the same for having a small dose every day or a normal dose every other day.

It's just a hypothetical I find interesting, any thougths?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My thoughts are that you would be just as suppressed, and since there may be more days of being off of the anabolic, and the shorter half life nature of oral anabolics, you will have periods of catabolism on your off days. You'll have low levels of testosterone and low levels of the Anabolic.

UniqueUserName

Awards
My thoughts are that you would be just as suppressed, and since there may be more days of being off of the anabolic, and the shorter half life nature of oral anabolics, you will have periods of catabolism on your off days. You'll have low levels of testosterone and low levels of the Anabolic.
I wasn't sure if suppression would kick in straight away if say you had one day on and one day off, would the suppression kick in on your first day off?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wasn't sure if suppression would kick in straight away if say you had one day on and one day off, would the suppression kick in on your first day off?
The process of your natural test shutting down will begin first day. You won't be fully shut down day one, but the process will start day one. Over the course of a week, your test will probably be significantly lower. If you want to take an anabolic, think about taking HCG while on.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nothing wrong with taking an androgen pre workout only if workout aggression is your goal instead of traditional cycle for gains.

Problem is, as @ValiantThor08 suggested that hpta is a pussy which will get downregulated even with that dosing regimen.

It can work if you are on hcg or exogenous testosterone.

UniqueUserName

Awards
W
Nothing wrong with taking an androgen pre workout only if workout aggression is your goal instead of traditional cycle for gains.

Problem is, as @ValiantThor08 suggested that hpta is a pussy which will get downregulated even with that dosing regimen.

It can work if you are on hcg or exogenous testosterone.
What about SARMs? Same story?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
W

What about SARMs? Same story?
The problem with sarms is while it seems that they managed to create sth less virilizing than steroids hence more suitable for treating cachexia in children or women, they for sure didnt make them any less toxic than oral steroids as far as cholesterol and CV system goes.

So as a male i see no reason to use sarms.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Doesn’t work the way you think and it wouldn’t work except like Cro mentionned it would work as a pre workout for agression or something. Taking let’s say msten or whatever oral steroid you want 3 days out of 7 days wouldn’t give 3/7th of the gains or else I’d do that year round because it would also help mitigate toxicity. What’s most important about orals is your blood concentration and the build up of it in your system which usually takes one to 3 weeks depending on the oral. Drop the orals for a few days and you lose that concentration.

UniqueUserName

Awards
Doesn’t work the way you think and it wouldn’t work except like Cro mentionned it would work as a pre workout for agression or something. Taking let’s say msten or whatever oral steroid you want 3 days out of 7 days wouldn’t give 3/7th of the gains or else I’d do that year round because it would also help mitigate toxicity. What’s most important about orals is your blood concentration and the build up of it in your system which usually takes one to 3 weeks depending on the oral. Drop the orals for a few days and you lose that concentration.
Cool thank you, what a shame, just a thought

UniqueUserName

Awards
The problem with sarms is while it seems that they managed to create sth less virilizing than steroids hence more suitable for treating cachexia in children or women, they for sure didnt make them any less toxic than oral steroids as far as cholesterol and CV system goes.

So as a male i see no reason to use sarms.
I may consider Sarms purely because I have no access to 'the real stuff' a halfway trial run so to speak

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I may consider Sarms purely because I have no access to 'the real stuff' a halfway trial run so to speak
But you will still get shut down as if you used anabolic steroids!

So you are getting the negatives and only a part of positives, if any.

Plenty of good natural supplements out there. Depending on your goals, whether its mass or cutting.

@thebigt always recommends some

I heard good things about follidrone from blr and invictus (For cutting) from IL.

Honestly if you arent ready to commit and 100% want it by all your heart dont even start any of this ped stuff.

Unfortunately once you are shut down you may never be back to your 100%. Happened to me, even though i was running low even prior to starting. But now i am running even lower and dont feel ok if i am not on a dose, or right after the pct.

Yeah, pct briñgs me back but some time after it i start feeling like sh1t again. And there is nothing i can do about it. Perhaps stay on toxic serms forever? No thanks.

Last edited:
ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There are designer steroids like DMZ that can be purchased for the same price as SARMs, with better results. Vicious Labs is having a 20 percent off sale, and they have DMZ. It's a real steroid.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Plenty of good natural supplements out there. Depending on your goals, whether its mass or cutting.

I heard good things about follidrone from blr and invictus (For cutting) from IL.
Follidrone may even enhance an Anabolic steroid cycle. Will rub Follidrone while I do the TD Superdrol.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@CroLifter hate to say it and to hijack the thread but I think you were right. I changed a few things and literally a day and a half later I felt awesome again.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@CroLifter hate to say it and to hijack the thread but I think you were right. I changed a few things and literally a day and a half later I felt awesome again.
I am not a genius but from experience can tell that 12.5mg eod asin is too much for 300 test. For example now on 250 test, and to feel my absolute best, i would prolly need like 6.25 2x a week.

But not taking any for that tren & e2 synergy.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Follidrone may even enhance an Anabolic steroid cycle. Will rub Follidrone while I do the TD Superdrol.
Ah you think epi for myostatin inhibition?

Well afaik creatine is a mild myostatin inhibitor.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ah you think epi for myostatin inhibition?

Well afaik creatine is a mild myostatin inhibitor.
I take, and will take that as well. I'll take all the help I can get, even if it is miniscule compared to the anabolic itself!

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am not a genius but from experience can tell that 12.5mg eod asin is too much for 300 test. For example now on 250 test, and to feel my absolute best, i would prolly need like 6.25 2x a week.

But not taking any for that tren & e2 synergy.
Idk what I thought man.. on 275 test I don’t even take an AI... it’s like the fact I added and eq made me believe I needed more but EQ doesn’t aromatize really and tren same thing.. my eod pins are usually 75test 90tren 180EQ but last pin I did 150test and no ai just to boost things up. Next morning felt better.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry OP for talking about something else here! I’m done :) hopefully we helped you

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Honestly if you arent ready to commit and 100% want it by all your heart dont even start any of this ped stuff.

Unfortunately once you are shut down you may never be back to your 100%. Happened to me, even though i was running low even prior to starting. But now i am running even lower and dont feel ok if i am not on a dose, or right after the pct.

Yeah, pct briñgs me back but some time after it i start feeling like sh1t again. And there is nothing i can do about it. Perhaps stay on toxic serms forever? No thanks.
iconicformulations. com use my code THEBIGT and save 25%....@uniqueusername i suggest you check out some of our stuff...if you have any questions just ask-also feel free to pm me.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah guys above got you covered OP. Just to note as well, just because something has a half life off day 8 hours (plenty of orals like that) it doesn’t mean it’s out of your system in 8 hours, it means half the dose has gone, 8 hours later half again and so on. Takes about 5 half life’s to clear down to insignificant levels so nearly 2 days so you’d spend most of your time with low doses in your system and just when it’s cleared you’d dose again, worst of both worlds, no real time off but more time on with pointless amounts.

Besides, we don’t grow in the gym. We grow from the increased protein synthesis etc in the days after the gym.....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SatishOG Anabolics 39
Anabolics 10
Anabolics 23
Kronic Anabolics 19
Anabolics 0