PCT and cycle support help. Test, DHT, and Estrogen. Nothing makes sense.

AnchorArms

Awards
Hello everyone. I have an in depth question for those who truly think they know their stuff :) I'm doing a prohormone cycle for the first time for something mild (not new to AAS). Cycle contains 4-andro, 1-andro, 17 proandro, and epiandro. I have read that many PH work due to their ability to convert to testosterone and mostly other DHT derivatives. This makes sense. I also understand that high levels of DHT can cause unwanted side effects, say for example enlarged prostate (scary), hair loss, and acne. I have purchased several PCT products for options when I'm finished. They all of course include antiestrogens and test boosters. My biggest dilemma is that some promote DHT (reason being DHT is androgenic and also antiestrogenic. Use low dose epiandro for example), while others try to prevent it, such as in the case of say many on cycle therapy products to protect the prostate. So, 1). Does it make sense to use a product that prevents conversion to DHT on cycle when the PH is likely to utilize that property for gains? 2). When would be the best time to use the one that promotes DHT vs. Anti-DHT?
What I have come up with is that I will do the cycle, use the one that utilizes DHT for half off time, then use the one that prevents conversation to DHT after that. Thoughts? Thank you!!!

anabolicgainz

Banned
Awards
Why on earth would a man ever want to use a DHT blocker especially when DHT itself isn't directly indicated in prostatic growth and estrogen is now being deemed one of the key contributors to an increase in prostatic weight. Also your "multiple OTC PCT boosters" will do little to nothing. Grab clomid/nolvadex and run exemestane 12.5mg e2d in PCT to minimize SERM estrogen conversion (just because they block estrogen doesn't mean they clean your system of it) and me being a man who enjoys his manly qualities i'd never take ANYTHING that prevented the conversion of DHT. EVER.

AnchorArms

Awards
Why on earth would a man ever want to use a DHT blocker especially when DHT itself isn't directly indicated in prostatic growth and estrogen is now being deemed one of the key contributors to an increase in prostatic weight. Also your "multiple OTC PCT boosters" will do little to nothing. Grab clomid/nolvadex and run exemestane 12.5mg e2d in PCT to minimize SERM estrogen conversion (just because they block estrogen doesn't mean they clean your system of it) and me being a man who enjoys his manly qualities i'd never take ANYTHING that prevented the conversion of DHT. EVER.
I understand what you're saying. But for example, I believe they think the mechanism Saw Palmetto uses for prostate health is to prevent conversion to DHT (if it even works). I believe Finasteride inhibits 5 alpha reductase to also prevent this conversion, and is typically used in patients with enlarged prostates. So generally, do you not use cycle support products? And sadly, part of the reason I am stuck with OTC products and PH is due to lack of ability to get pharmaceuticals.
Thanks

mindanmuscle

mindanmuscle

Board Sponsor
Awards
Cycle contains 4-andro, 1-andro, 17 proandro, and epiandro.
You got a cut cycle which is great for lean gains as long as you're on a caloric defecit. These hormones work the best while you're acutally CUTTING WEIGHT.

4-Andro: Wet - Coverts to test which converts to estrogen. Good for retaining size on a cut. Your test base.
1-Andro: Dry - Converts to 1-test which converts to nothing. Excellent for strength, size, and cutting weight.
17-Pro: Dry - Converts to DHT. Excellent for leaning out and retaining size.
Epi: Dry - Converts to DHT. Strength, Libido, which help with size.

Anything that converts to DHT will increase hairloss for those geneticlly disposed to hairloss. Otherwise, everyting comes back. Get at me with more questions.

EDIT:
As for PCT, you need to run an AI and a test booster. DM me for product suggestions.

AnchorArms

Awards
You got a cut cycle which is great for lean gains as long as you're on a caloric defecit. These hormones work the best while you're acutally CUTTING WEIGHT.

Anything that converts to DHT will increase hairloss for those geneticlly disposed to hairloss. Otherwise, everyting comes back. Get at me with more questions.

EDIT:
As for PCT, you need to run an AI and a test booster. DM me for product suggestions.
Thanks. Yeah I used LG sciences cutting kit as a guide and went from there. Currently, for PCT I have the Form-XT, and EPG's Arimizome 50. I believe even some of the PHs are made with antiestrogens. Like I said, for PCT I'm pretty limited to what I can buy legally online, which I'm okay with...so long as they work well enough for a PH cycle...but I have read good things about Arimistane in general. I'm still pretty new to the site, I'm still navigating how to talk to people through the messenger, but I'll gladly take any suggestions you have! Thanks

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I understand what you're saying. But for example, I believe they think the mechanism Saw Palmetto uses for prostate health is to prevent conversion to DHT (if it even works). I believe Finasteride inhibits 5 alpha reductase to also prevent this conversion, and is typically used in patients with enlarged prostates. So generally, do you not use cycle support products? And sadly, part of the reason I am stuck with OTC products and PH is due to lack of ability to get pharmaceuticals.
Thanks
saw p - is one of the last items to use. not that you are using it, just in case other read this, it can cause more problems than one needs. used it once years ago and never touched it again.