PC vs. PS5 vs. Series X

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m going to finally upgrade from the old Xbox OneX to one of the above. I strictly play Warzone though. I know PC is the best overall, but far more expensive to maximize everything and unsure if the way our house is designed and laid out will work. Is PC that much better then the other 2 to figure out a way to make it work, or which of the other 2 is the way to go because I’m not in Call of Duty League level. Plat 3, 1.2 k/d. thanks in advance.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What resolution do you plan to play at?

That and your current setup (tv or monitor specs) will probably impact decision.

PS5 pro will release later this year as well, but if you only play warzone that probably won’t matter a ton other than maybe decreasing prices of other options.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What resolution do you plan to play at?

That and your current setup (tv or monitor specs) will probably impact decision.

PS5 pro will release later this year as well, but if you only play warzone that probably won’t matter a ton other than maybe decreasing prices of other options.
The goal would be to be minimize 120fps for whatever I do, so I would eventually have to get a new TV to go with the console since my console is currently with the main tv in the house. But, I didn’t realize there’s laptops than can do this, so I could replace my work computer set up with a laptop which may end up costing the same. If I went with the laptop option and it cost >$1500, and add in a bigger monitor ($200?) to eventually play on also, I wouldn’t tie up the main tv in the house anymore, and be able to work from anywhere.

But, after looking at laptop options, there’s sooooo many it’s hard to even begin researching.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you ended up having to get a tv it would likely need to be 4k to be 120hz and in that case a console would likely just be easier. You’d need a beefier set up to hit those kinds of frames without having to do a bunch of fine tuning to settings to get similar output (and idk if warzone even truly runs at “120” in 120 mode…it def was close to 100+ back when I used it but that was quite a few games /editions or w.e you’d call it).

If your current TV is 1080p and you were up to just getting a new monitor for a separate set up a 1080p higher refresh can be had pretty cheap depending on how high you’d want to push the refresh rate and the decrease in screen size would increase visual quality anyways. You could also always just hook a console up to a 1080-1440p for pretty cheap too.

idk as much about laptops but if all you play is warzone you could probably build a decent PC that would smash the fps of a console for not too crazy a price.

Honestly will come down to where you want this set up and how you want to go about the screen.

No matter what I wouldn’t over think it if you don’t want to get too lost in the details.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you ended up having to get a tv it would likely need to be 4k to be 120hz and in that case a console would likely just be easier. You’d need a beefier set up to hit those kinds of frames without having to do a bunch of fine tuning to settings to get similar output (and idk if warzone even truly runs at “120” in 120 mode…it def was close to 100+ back when I used it but that was quite a few games /editions or w.e you’d call it).

If your current TV is 1080p and you were up to just getting a new monitor for a separate set up a 1080p higher refresh can be had pretty cheap depending on how high you’d want to push the refresh rate and the decrease in screen size would increase visual quality anyways. You could also always just hook a console up to a 1080-1440p for pretty cheap too.

idk as much about laptops but if all you play is warzone you could probably build a decent PC that would smash the fps of a console for not too crazy a price.

Honestly will come down to where you want this set up and how you want to go about the screen.

No matter what I wouldn’t over think it if you don’t want to get too lost in the details.
Thanks for the reply. The internal debate is strong 😂

The setup location is the biggest issue. I’m leaning more towards the gaming laptop option because I can work from it too on the road (at kid’s practices and such) which is something I thought I needed to do anyway.

Otherwise, if I decided on console, Ps5 vs. Series X?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya idk as much about specific laptops, they’d definitely be viable my only concern would be depending on length of play the likelihood of overheating (I’ve never had a ton of issues on my PC but I do know some complain about how warzone can push certain components).

Idk if it matters a ton for console other than maybe keeping in mind backward compatibility if you do have any other games in your current box or if you really want to stick to the current controller. Or whatever is cheapest.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
man the only gaming I do is fortnite with my boy, and I run it off switch to docking console... have for years. He has an X and loves it. We can always tell when we're against players on X or PC, their accuracy and speed is insanely improved over the Switch latency lol. but it feels like my old gameboy roots as a kid haha.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya idk as much about specific laptops, they’d definitely be viable my only concern would be depending on length of play the likelihood of overheating (I’ve never had a ton of issues on my PC but I do know some complain about how warzone can push certain components).

Idk if it matters a ton for console other than maybe keeping in mind backward compatibility if you do have any other games in your current box or if you really want to stick to the current controller. Or whatever is cheapest.
That’s a good point about overheating. Never thought of that. Thanks.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
man the only gaming I do is fortnite with my boy, and I run it off switch to docking console... have for years. He has an X and loves it. We can always tell when we're against players on X or PC, their accuracy and speed is insanely improved over the Switch latency lol. but it feels like my old gameboy roots as a kid haha.
Yeah, I’m getting frustrated by the obvious speed my hardware gives me. What happens on my screen as it happens vs. the killcam is drastically different.

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
PC by far except good gaming pc’s are so expensive. XBOX with gamepass is really good for casual gamer.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, I’m getting frustrated by the obvious speed my hardware gives me. What happens on my screen as it happens vs. the killcam is drastically different.
Killcam isn’t accurate to what is actually happening in the game.

A lot of things that “feel” wrong are also usually crapper server side stuff that you can’t really fix.

Higher frames will give better responsiveness via better input latency though and increase fluidity in visuals when things are hectic.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Killcam isn’t accurate to what is actually happening in the game.

A lot of things that “feel” wrong are also usually crapper server side stuff that you can’t really fix.

Higher frames will give better responsiveness via better input latency though and increase fluidity in visuals when things are hectic.
You don’t think an old Xbox vs a new one would give a significant advantage to the series X?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You don’t think an old Xbox vs a new one would give a significant advantage to the series X?
Sorry I didn’t mean to imply that. 60vs120 definitely for anyone at least somewhat serious. I don’t think I could play a shooter even at 60 anymore.

Just meant the advantage you get isn’t going to be a likely reason for why kill cams don’t look representative of game play. That’s a lot of different things, most of them to do with servers and game mechanics.