PC vs Mac. Which one do you prefer and why?

desibaba

Awards
PC vs Mac. Which one do you prefer as your home computer?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
im assuming you can run Linux on both Pc and Mac hardware?
yes it has tons of hardware support now. if you used Linux a long time ago, it's user friendly now unless you chose Arch

geraldwkoonce

geraldwkoonce

Awards
PC vs Mac. Which one do you prefer as your home computer?
I am of the opinion that MAC is the best choice for the average user. The question was asked about the choice between MAC and PC, right? You didn't ask about Linux? Their products are easier to find in many retail stores, they offer a wider range, and they seem to be more well known than their competitors. They also have higher quality, which can only help their sales. Microsoft, on the other hand, assumes that everyone who works with a computer has all the knowledge needed to be a good system administrator))) sometimes this is not the case. Linux is probably a different story. I've heard it's better and more reliable but it's not going to be any easier for the average user. This is just my opinion.

ChilledFaith

Awards
Definitely depends on need. I own and use both. I’m an engineer so many of my programs are PC specific or just run better on them, but for browsing the internet or things that work well on macs, I much prefer it as a (generally) smoother experience.