Paused Spoto Press for Reversal Strength

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hey all! If you're looking to increase your bench press and add muscle to your upper body check out this video on the paused Spoto press. I use this exercise to develop crazy reversal strength at the bottom of a press. It's something I include in my peaking program and it's made a big difference. I plan on going for a national bench record later this year and this one is a staple to help me get there.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey all! If you're looking to increase your bench press and add muscle to your upper body check out this video on the paused Spoto press. I use this exercise to develop crazy reversal strength at the bottom of a press. It's something I include in my peaking program and it's made a big difference. I plan on going for a national bench record later this year and this one is a staple to help me get there.

I like Spoto presses but I’m pretty strong from the chest so I pause them halfway and push from there, locking out is my weakness. I think it helps, actually, talking about it I will start doing them again, thanks for reminding me.

Last edited:
f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I like Spoto presses but I’m pretty strong from the chest so I pause them halfway and push from there, locking out is my weakness. I think it helps, actually, talking about it I will start doing them again, thanks for reminding me.
You might want to try moving your grip in a little to hit tris more. A little wider than a close grip bench should work well for lockout with spoto presses.