Patented Renegade

Slaymaker

Awards
Hello all - I just found out I was selected for round 2 of testing so I am getting my log set up here and there...not sure when I will get the goods, but expect not to start until after Thanksgiving since I will be traveling Wednesday through Saturday next week.

Here is a short intro for those who don't know me:

In grade school and high school I was a "husky" kid, not the jock who was gifted with all sorts of athletic ability. But I was a student – always thinking and analyzing everything and I had one more thing - desire! I practiced and played all sorts of sports, and cannot remember many days which I wasn't playing some sport after school. Rain or shine, snow or heat, it didn't matter – seems like I was out playing. When I went to college, I missed the practices I had every day through high school and began to get into "lifting weights". I sustained an injury during the summer prior to my freshman year of college that ended my baseball career and with that started my career in coaching others. I had surgery on my left shoulder to repair a shoulder separation in the fall of 1991 and that kicked off my interest in the human body and its performance. I attended the University of Iowa and studied Exercise Science, during that time I worked as a personal trainer at a local gym. When I graduated in 1996 I was sought out by many in the area to be their trainer. I worked as trainer, a gym manager, then a fitness director and finally a business owner. Then an equipment manufacturer hired me to help "develop" new equipment, but in reality they had me sell machines that I didn't believe in. That was it; I was done with the fitness business. I didn't want to go back to training clients who just wanted to say they trained with me (and not put forth any work to get results) and I didn't want to write phony testimonials for equipment that I didn't believe in. I moved onto fixing machines for a prominent DNA synthesis company, tinkering and mechanics are another one of my passions.

Over the past 12 years I have trained Renegade style and have attempted to learn all I can about the Renegade system of training. Coach John Davies is a big part of my career and I always take time to thanks him and credit him for what he has done in my life. Now, I still work full-time fixing machines, but is striving towards owning my own training studio. In the last 3 years I have really gotten into martial arts – specifically taekwondo and krav maga so perhaps that studio will be a larger MMA facility now… I am a Senior Level Renegade Trainer and am ready to guide as many people as possible to fulfill their dreams, whether that dream is to be more active so they can enjoy their children or grandchildren or if they want to become a professional athlete! In addition to training clients, I started developing a line of equipment designed to be used in the Renegade System of training – already I have a set of hurdles on the market.

I am happily married with 2 awesome sons. I live for Christ and my entire family is very involved in our local church. I am new fan of firearms and shooting and love all things that have to do with the military!

Please feel free to ask questions about pretty much anything - I am always willing to help!

Slaymaker

Awards
11-16-2012 Training Day

Warmup
RED2
Hurdles
Jump Rope

Focus Lifts
Overhead Squats - 12 sets of 6 with 100 pounds

Core / Abdominal Training
DMC face up
DMC face down

NOTES:
NOT A WO CREATED BY JD. My own creation using R Templates I have learned over the years. I am wanting to drop around 20 lbs of fat AND get stronger at the same time. I am very inspired by that Kabuki fellow...I turn 40 in February...perhaps I will start competing in some PL or Strongman stuff after that. I may need some help learning how to use a belt as I have not worn one in like 12 years....

Slaymaker

Awards
11-19-2012 Training Day

Warmup

RED2
Stability Ball Hip Work
Hurdles
Tumbling (It's back)
Clubbell shoulder work and swings

Focus Lifts

Squat - 135x6, 225x6, 315x3, 405x2, 405x1
Good Mornings - 225bs 4x6

Auxillary Lifts and PreHab

Bar Rows on box - 135lbs 2 x 12
Face Pulls - 100lbs 2 x 12
Reverse Hypers on stability ball 2 x 12

DMC face up
DMC face down

NOTES:
Again - NOT A WO CREATED BY JD. My own creation using R Templates I have learned over the years. I am wanting to drop around 20 lbs of fat AND get stronger at the same time. I am very inspired by that Kabuki fellow...I turn 40 in February...perhaps I will start competing in some PL or Strongman stuff after that.

Slaymaker

Awards
Traveled to see family over the holiday! Back at it today:

11-27-2012 Recovery Day

RED2
Stability Ball Hip Work
Clubbell Shoulder work
Hurdles
KB work

DMC face up
DMC face down

NOTE - submitted my paperwork for PA yesterday so I suspect I will be starting it next week.

Slaymaker

Awards
My package arrived last night. Just took my 1st dose about 20 minutes ago. I always get on people asking why does the diet have to start next Monday? So I thought...why does my PA trial have to start then as well. 1 AP, 1 PA 2 scoops JACK3D and check the board for 30 - 45 minutes - then it is go time!!! :D

quick update for you...

11-27-2012 Training Day
Warmup
RED2
Stability Ball Hip Work
Tumbling
Hurdles
Clubbell shoulder work

Complexes (all with 135)

2PC-1FS X 3
2FS-1PC X 3
2FS-1PP x 3
2PP-1FS x 3
2BS-1SJ x 3
2SJ-1BS x 3

Focus Lifts
none

Pullups - 3 x 10
Cuban Press (bands)

Finisher
Face up DMC
Face down DMC

NOTES:
Played a bit with the Mad Science workout again...cannot get away from those!!!

11-28-2012 Recovery Day
RED2
stretching (not enough actually)

Slaymaker

Awards
11-30-2012 Training Day

Warmup
RED2
Stability Ball Hip Work
Hurdles

Focus Lifts

Deadlift - 135x6, 225x6, 315x3 - 30 seconds rest - 315x3 - 30 seconds rest - 315x3

Clean Pulls - 225 x 5, 225 x 5, 225 x 5,

Push Press - 185lbs 3 x 5

Oly Good Mornings - 135lbs 3 x 10
Face Pulls - 100lbs 3 x 12

DMC face up
DMC face down

NOTES:
Again - NOT A WO CREATED BY JD. My own creation using R Templates I have learned over the years. I am wanting to drop around 20 lbs of fat AND get stronger at the same time. I am very inspired by that Kabuki fellow...I turn 40 in February...perhaps I will start competing in some PL or Strongman stuff after that.

1st day of PA - definitely felt an increase stimulant effect than just JACK3D...

Slaymaker

Awards
I am a bit behind in posting here...

12-1-2012 Recovery Day

RED2
Hurdle Work
stretching

TKD Sparring class...won both my matches...definitely getting better in sparring.

PA certainly has increased my agression levels...noticed temper a bit this past weekend. That is really only effects I can report at this time.

Unfortunately banged up my right hand and wrist so took this morning off...I expect to be back at it tomorrow.

Slaymaker

Awards
12-04-2012 Training Day

Warmup

RED2
Stability Ball Hip Work
Tumbling
Hurdles
Clubbell shoulder work

Focus Lifts

Bench Press - 135x6, 225x6, 255x6, 225x6, 225x6, 135x3 (didn't go as well as I had hoped)
Close Grip Power Snatch - 95lbs 6x6 (FAST - all six sets in less than 4 minutes)
Zercher Squats - 145lbs 6x6 (FAST - all six sets in less than 4 minutes)

Cuban Press - 3 x 12 @ bands
Rope Face Pull - 3 x12 @ 80lbs
Zercher Good Ams - 3 x 6 @ 185lbs
1 arm Barbell Curl - 3 x 6 @ 45 lb Oly bar

DMC face up
DMC face down

NOTES:
NOT A WO CREATED BY JD. My own creation using R Templates I have learned over the years. I am wanting to drop around 20 lbs of fat AND get stronger at the same time. I am very inspired by that Kabuki fellow...I turn 40 in February...perhaps I will start competing in some PL or Strongman stuff after that. I may need some help learning how to use a belt as I have not worn one in like 12 years....

PA Notes
•VERY HUNGRY TODAY!
•Started having times where my temp was elevated...it is warm for December in Iowa, but today I was sweating frequently.

Slaymaker

Awards
12-5-2012 Recovery Day
RED2
Stability Ball Hip Work
Indo Board Work
TKD kicking
Clubbell Shoulder work

KB work
Swings
Cleans
See Saw Presses
Push Ups on handles

DMC face up
DMC face down

Slaymaker

Awards
12-6-2012 Training Day

Warmup

RED2
Stability Ball Hip Work
Hurdles
Tumbling

Focus Lifts

Deadlifts - 135x6, 225x6, 315x6, 315x6, 315x6, 315x6
Overhead Squats - 135x6, 135x6, 135x6, 135x6, 135x6, 135x6
DB 1 arm Floor Press - 75x6, 75x6, 75x6, 75x4, 75x4, 75x4

Chin ups - 2 x 8 @ band assisted
Muscle Snatch - 2 x 12 @ bands
Stability Ball Reverse Hypers - 2 x 8 @ legs only

DMC face up
DMC face down

NOTES:
Again - NOT A WO CREATED BY JD. My own creation using R Templates I have learned over the years. I am wanting to drop around 20 lbs of fat AND get stronger at the same time. I am very inspired by that Kabuki fellow...I turn 40 in February...perhaps I will start competing in some PL or Strongman stuff after that. I may need some help learning how to use a belt as I have not worn one in like 12 years....

Slaymaker

Awards
Forgot to post on Friday...copied and pasted from log at USP Labs.

Decided to take today off...right hand hurting still from sparring practice - it actually woke me up a couple times last night...today is a recovery day soo...I will likely get some random Renegade work in here and there. I won't do absolutely nothing...just not a scheduled workout this morning.

So I may as well note my 1st weeks reaction:

•Training changes/Performance - not sure I can comment on this yet...definitely "felt" different than JACK3D alone
•Bodyweight changes - stable
•Bodyfat changes - decreasing - definitely see a leaning effect
•Strength - - again to soon to say
•Focus/Euphoria - increased focus/intensity
•Pumps/Vascularity - have to say increased pumps as my training rarely is geared for such and I still got them
•Muscle Fullness - much increased - muscle bellies are fuller and harder/more dense
•Recovery - I have been more sore this week than in a long time - not sure what that means really
•Size - increasing
•Energy - stable (good)
•Sleep Quality - stable (good)
•Feelings/Mood - was certainly much more irritable and aggressive in the 1st few days...

Slaymaker

Awards
12-8-2012 Training Day

Warmup

RED2
Stability Ball Hip Work
Hurdles
Tumbling

Focus Lifts

PL Style Squat - 135x6, 225x6, 315x3, 405x1, 495xFAIL
Oly Squat - 225x6, 225x6, 225x6, 225x6, 225x6, 225x6, 225x6,
Push Jerks - 135x6, 135x6, 135x6,

Good Mornings - 3 x 12 135lbs
Pull ups - 3 x 8 @ band assisted
Clubbell Iron Crosses 3 x 8 with 2 15lb clubs

DMC face up
DMC face down

NOTES:

up 2 lbs over the 1st week...really was trying to lose weight...I haven't been counting calories or anything, but changed up to have this basic format for all days (Thursday night I cheated and had pizza, and left overs Friday lunch. )

Rise 4:45 - 5:15 - 1 AP, 1 PA
Train 6:00 - 7:00 drinking 2 scoops MODERN in water 1 AP 15 minutes before work out ends
7:00 2 cups OJ with 2 scoops protein and a banana
between 9 and 10 more protein and carbs...varies from day to day
between 12 and 1 again more protein and carbs (end of carbs for day)
around 3 or 4 more protein and good fat (almonds for example)
6ish dinner - protein and veggies
9 or so - more almonds or lean protein
10 2 PF

Again - NOT A WO CREATED BY JD. My own creation using R Templates I have learned over the years. I am wanting to drop around 20 lbs of fat AND get stronger at the same time. I am very inspired by that Kabuki fellow...I turn 40 in February...perhaps I will start competing in some PL or Strongman stuff after that. I may need some help learning how to use a belt as I have not worn one in like 12 years....

Slaymaker

Awards
12-10-2012 Training Day

Warmup

RED2
Stability Ball Hip Work
Hurdles
Tumbling

Focus Lifts
1 Hand Power Snatch - 45x6, 65x6, 75x4, 75x4, 75x4, 75x4,
Zercher Squat - 135x6, 135x6, 135x6, 135x6, 135x6, 135x6
DB Floor Presses - 60x6, 60x6, 75x4, 75x4, 75x4, 75x4,

Muscle Snatch Complex - 2x12 bands
Zercher Good Mornings - 2x8 135lbs
Face Pulls - 2x8 cable stack
Thick DB Zottman Curls - 2x12 45lbs each

DMC face up
DMC face down

NOTES:

Slaymaker

Awards
Due to needing to be in to work over an hour early yesterday and today...those days have now become off days... :( Training resumes tomorrow. :D

Slaymaker

Awards
12-13-2012 Training Day

Warmup

RED2
Stability Ball Hip Work
Hurdles
Tumbling

Focus Lifts

Bench Press - 315x2 365x1/2, 315x2, 315x2, 315x1 and 1/2

Speed Bench - 225x4, 225x4, 135x4, 135x4
Deadlift off 6" platform - 225x4, 225x4, 225x4, 225x4, 225x4, 225x4

Clean Pulls - 2 x 12 @ 135

Straight Arm Rope PullDowns 2 x 12 @ 80
Stability Ball Reverse Hypers - 2 x 12 @ legs only

Stability Ball Crunches - 2 x 12

DMC face up
DMC face down

NOTES:

I will have to look, but I think my current PR for bench is 315 for a single and today I did 5 sets of 2 with it! I am pretty happy with that. The 1st set went up so easy I thought I'd try 365...lowering was fine but reversing off my chest I got stuck...and my spotter pins were lower than I thought...Almost choked myself out ...

If you look back through my log you will see I don't bench all that often compared to many people...so this increase is pretty significant I would say. My wife commented on how much thicker and fuller my arms, shoulders, chest and back is looking...so that is anoyther good sign. I think I will have a big squat day tomorrow...

Again - NOT A WO CREATED BY JD. My own creation using R Templates I have learned over the years.

Slaymaker

Awards
So I planned on a heavy squat day on Saturday, but those deficit deadlifts really torched my low back...wow - I was hurting most all weekend long.

Saturday looked like this...

12-15-2012 Training Day

Warmup

RED2
Stability Ball Hip Work
Hurdles
Tumbling

Focus Lifts

Squat - 135 x 5, 225 x 4, 315 x 3, 405 x 2, 495 x none...

And done...

Slaymaker

Awards
Later Saturday I did have a great TKD session where we broke boards...I was assigned a new break where I was to step forward, jump in the air then at the same time - palm strike break to the left (with right hand) and side kick right (with right leg). 1st attempt I jumped much higher than they were expecting and so I broke the left side and kicked too high on the right, 2nd attempt I concentrated too much on targeting the kick and did not have near enough power to the left. Our instructor attempted to break a stack of 7 concrete patio blocks...he got all but the bottom one, so I decided to give it a go and blasted through it like nothing - many commented I easily could have broken multiple blocks. That was cool.

Slaymaker

Awards
12-17-2012 Training Day

Warmup

RED2
Stability Ball Hip Work

Kettlebell swings

Hurdles

Focus Lifts

Box Squats - 225 x 3 (6 sets) working on speed off box

Push Presses - 135 x 8 (6 sets)

Pull ups - Body x 6 (3 sets)

Stiff Legged Deadlift - 135 x 10 (3 sets)

Cuban Press - Bands x 12 (3 sets)

DMC face up
DMC face down

NOTES:

Low back still pretty sore...I am done with 2 weeks and up another 3 pounds. Now at 245...

Again - NOT A WO CREATED BY JD. My own creation using R Templates I have learned over the years.

Slaymaker

Awards
2nd week's reaction:

■Training changes/Performance - strength increases are eveident on some lifts
■Bodyweight changes - up 5 pounds so far
■Bodyfat changes - decreasing - definitely see a leaning effect
■Strength - increasing
■Focus/Euphoria - increased focus/intensity
■Pumps/Vascularity - have to say increased pumps as my training rarely is geared for such and I still got them
■Muscle Fullness - much increased - musmy wife has commented on how much bigger my arms and shoulder are
■Recovery - Soreness is very evident - not usual DOMS, but serious SORENESS
■Size - increasing
■Energy - stable (good)
■Sleep Quality - stable (good)
■Feelings/Mood - was certainly much more irritable and aggressive in the 1st few days...the intense hunger comes and goes now. Have some strange "stinging" in my eyes sometimes, like very salty sweat is in then , but only on the upper eyelid near the outside edges...very wierd...

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
2nd week's reaction:

?Training changes/Performance - strength increases are eveident on some lifts
?Bodyweight changes - up 5 pounds so far
?Bodyfat changes - decreasing - definitely see a leaning effect
?Strength - increasing
?Focus/Euphoria - increased focus/intensity
?Pumps/Vascularity - have to say increased pumps as my training rarely is geared for such and I still got them
?Muscle Fullness - much increased - musmy wife has commented on how much bigger my arms and shoulder are
?Recovery - Soreness is very evident - not usual DOMS, but serious SORENESS
?Size - increasing
?Energy - stable (good)
?Sleep Quality - stable (good)
?Feelings/Mood - was certainly much more irritable and aggressive in the 1st few days...the intense hunger comes and goes now. Have some strange "stinging" in my eyes sometimes, like very salty sweat is in then , but only on the upper eyelid near the outside edges...very wierd...
Great update. Odd feeling with the eyes, first I've heard. Keep an eye on it & keep us posted (no pun intended)

Slaymaker

Awards
3rd week's reaction: (not much has changed from week 2)

■Training changes/Performance - still getting stronger - but not daily breaking PRs like many report
■Bodyweight changes - no change from week 2 to week 3 - up 5 pounds so far
■Bodyfat changes - still seems to be decreasing - definitely see a leaning effect in the mirror
■Strength - increasing
■Focus/Euphoria - increased focus/intensity
■Pumps/Vascularity - Definitely end the workouts pumped up and look very thick
■Muscle Fullness - much increased - many are noticing a change in my shoulders and arms
■Recovery - Soreness is very evident - not usual DOMS, but serious SORENESS
■Size - increasing for sure, but weight stopped going up (that is a good thing to me.)
■Energy - stable (good)
■Sleep Quality - stable (good)
■Feelings/Mood - was certainly much more irritable and aggressive some days...the intense hunger comes and goes now. Still have some strange "stinging" in my eyes sometimes, like very salty sweat is in then , but only on the upper eyelid near the outside edges...very wierd...Also noticed an increase in breakouts as well...

I am not having the mind-blowing response many are...but lately my diet has not been on point and I injured myt wrist in TKD sparring at the beginning of the run, tweaked it more 2 weeks later...so I am sure that I am holding back some due to that (pain and lack of grip and wrist strength hinders most lifts).