Package Forwarder in the USA to Australia

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any Aussies used one?

I'm getting SILLY quotes for postage, like 2 bottles of JOINT FORCE $30USD.

Last time I checked, you can Forward like 10-15lbs for $60USD. Anyone done this, or used a service? It may make sense during sale time to simply use a mail forwarding service because it seems to be cheaper than all the SILLY USPS prices I'm getting.

I could fly to LA and pick up 20KGS of supplements cheaper than the cost of shipping them over from stores LOL.

:)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I do not have experience with this but interested to see who does...

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do not have experience with this but interested to see who does...
I will have to do research, but too late for current sales.

It's interesting, because most fashion stores ship internationally for free and fashion can be bulky and heavy.
I also find it interesting I can buy 10lbs of protein for free within USA< however you order 2lbs to Australia and it costs you $30USD
Surely, it costs money to ship 10lbs within USA? I just find SUPPLEMENT retailers totally forget International at all.
PES is the only company which offers free postage, BB is actually reasonable at least.

I ordered 10kgs of clothing once from ASOS in the UK, FREE! I spose volume is the key for most companies, and that's how they work it into their profit margins.

As I mentioned, I've seen USA shipping quotes and it's not free so I don't understand why Internationals aren't discounted.

Anyways, in-regards to forwarding packaging the last I checked it's worth while if you're ordering 4-5 lots in a short time as they package them all into a box and you can choose how to ship. They also get heavily discounted pricing due to volumes from what I read.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Most sites i've seen once you hit a certain threshold then the shipping is free.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most sites i've seen once you hit a certain threshold then the shipping is free.
Yeah, you talking international? Yeah, every site has spend $40 or spend $75

It all varies, even in Australia say some pharmacies are spend $100 but after a while they've dropped it to $50 minimum

Too much pressure, and unfortunately customers demand it. If they don't, someone else will and it will grow their business.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Usually free only if based in that country. International shipping is killer, and generally gets exponentially more expensive the more you spend lol

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Usually free only if based in that country. International shipping is killer, and generally gets exponentially more expensive the more you spend lol
I understand, but literally every big business offers free postage

Literally every gym brand aka clothing does and let me tell you sweats & shoes are as heavy as supplements. I imagine PES gets alot of business solely because of it, and now that I've realise BB is pretty cheap I might even start using them again.

I added 3-5 Peak02 and it's under $20aud
FedEx.

Most companies you add 500g and it's $35-50usd

Long term you lose money, you sell less volume. If ASOS started charging postage they'd probably drop a billion in sales within 12 months.
I don't know the solution, but I know plenty of small business ship free international once you spend $75-150 etc

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ah gotcha. Yea international is killer for sure. In the same country like if in the US ordering typically if you spend enough shipping is free.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I understand, but literally every big business offers free postage

Literally every gym brand aka clothing does and let me tell you sweats & shoes are as heavy as supplements. I imagine PES gets alot of business solely because of it, and now that I've realise BB is pretty cheap I might even start using them again.

I added 3-5 Peak02 and it's under $20aud
FedEx.

Most companies you add 500g and it's $35-50usd

Long term you lose money, you sell less volume. If ASOS started charging postage they'd probably drop a billion in sales within 12 months.
I don't know the solution, but I know plenty of small business ship free international once you spend $75-150 etc
Something about the supplement industry though that goes against this lol. Eastbay charge a fair whack, but asos doesnt. Not sure what strings asos pulled but it works well.

I mean, asos will factor shipping costs into retail costs and probably work on a average (local customers offsetting costs for international) but their retail prices are so competitive that it really boggles my mind.

Bb was expensive, but if they have dropped down then they'd be worth considering again for sure.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Something about the supplement industry though that goes against this lol. Eastbay charge a fair whack, but asos doesnt. Not sure what strings asos pulled but it works well.

I mean, asos will factor shipping costs into retail costs and probably work on a average (local customers offsetting costs for international) but their retail prices are so competitive that it really boggles my mind.

Bb was expensive, but if they have dropped down then they'd be worth considering again for sure.
ASOS doesn't do as many sales anymore, they have a huge chunk of the market!

iHerb does free postage, however their prices are pretty expensive!; The vitamins are OK! I ordered recently as they had 10% off plus 20% cashback!

PES is the most interesting one to me, because are they really that big? Somehow they manage deals with Fedex or DHL.

Ryderwear is from my city, I've known the owner since he was 15. They offer free shipping too, I know he was turning over 10 million + a year.

People just expect it, especially fashion.

I think what annoys me is, a business will cop sending 10lbs free anywhere in USA(This must cost money!) However will not sub any international shipping? That's what I find really odd

Ohwell, honestly I just spend less or don't buy at all. It saves me money, doesn't help our dollar is weak at the moment too. I also have Amazon Prime which allows a fair few items from America for free shipping!