PA - Musclepeak vs Mediator

N

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Most reputable phosphatidic acid supplements I've seen contain the trademarked Mediator (50P) form. I recently came across a product with Musclepeak PA, standardized to 70% PA (vs Mediator's 50% standardization).

Does anyone have knowledge of, or experience with Musclepeak PA, particularly Thalasy's phosphatidic acid supplement?

J

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I tried looking it up, but I didn’t see anything about musclepeak besides the one product. Not sure. @sns8778 made a PA product, not sure if he knows more. He’s usually pretty knowledgeable about branded ingredients in general anyway.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Most reputable phosphatidic acid supplements I've seen contain the trademarked Mediator (50P) form. I recently came across a product with Musclepeak PA, standardized to 70% PA (vs Mediator's 50% standardization).

Does anyone have knowledge of, or experience with Musclepeak PA, particularly Thalasy's phosphatidic acid supplement?
I tried looking it up, but I didn’t see anything about musclepeak besides the one product. Not sure. @sns8778 made a PA product, not sure if he knows more. He’s usually pretty knowledgeable about branded ingredients in general anyway.
I had seen this thread and the reason that I hadn't commented was because I don't ever like to post anything that could be considered disparaging towards other brands.

When you tagged me, I spent probably 20 minutes putting together a post but wound up saving it and probably won't post it because there's just honestly no way that I can explain this or give out facts on it without seeming like I'm talking negatively about the brand that was mentioned whose product this is.

I'll keep it simple and say that Chemi Nutra has a patent on Phosphatidic Acid and no one else could possibly get a patent on it or do a patented ingredient and claim any muscle building benefit because - direct quotation from an industry publication:
"Should any other PA or generic PA make claims regarding muscle or strength gains, this would constitute patent infringement."

So my suggestion is that if you want to use Phosphatidic Acid, regardless of what brand that you use, if you want to make sure that you are using a legitimate quality PA supplement, make sure that it contains Mediator Phosphatidic Acid and that the Chemi Nutra Mediator trademark is shown on the bottle.

N

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Since I was able to get approx one month supply for under $35, I decided to order some. My previous experience with PA was NutraBio’s Mediator PA. It was interesting - the first week or two I didn’t notice anything and I considered PA just another hyped-up product without much of any efficacy. But by week three and week four, as I was running out of my bottle, I was noticing positive changes in body composition and performance in training, after being in a stagnant phase for some time.

I’ll give this Musclepeak version a go and see how results compare.

J

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had seen this thread and the reason that I hadn't commented was because I don't ever like to post anything that could be considered disparaging towards other brands.

When you tagged me, I spent probably 20 minutes putting together a post but wound up saving it and probably won't post it because there's just honestly no way that I can explain this or give out facts on it without seeming like I'm talking negatively about the brand that was mentioned whose product this is.

I'll keep it simple and say that Chemi Nutra has a patent on Phosphatidic Acid and no one else could possibly get a patent on it or do a patented ingredient and claim any muscle building benefit because - direct quotation from an industry publication:
"Should any other PA or generic PA make claims regarding muscle or strength gains, this would constitute patent infringement."

So my suggestion is that if you want to use Phosphatidic Acid, regardless of what brand that you use, if you want to make sure that you are using a legitimate quality PA supplement, make sure that it contains Mediator Phosphatidic Acid and that the Chemi Nutra Mediator trademark is shown on the bottle.
Ah. Sorry, didn’t mean to put you in a weird spot. I was aware of Mediator and knew it was good stuff but I hadn’t heard of the other and I couldn’t find any info. Since I knew you were making a PA product, I figured you researched the branded stuff.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Since I was able to get approx one month supply for under $35, I decided to order some. My previous experience with PA was NutraBio’s Mediator PA. It was interesting - the first week or two I didn’t notice anything and I considered PA just another hyped-up product without much of any efficacy. But by week three and week four, as I was running out of my bottle, I was noticing positive changes in body composition and performance in training, after being in a stagnant phase for some time.

I’ll give this Musclepeak version a go and see how results compare.
Two bottles of their product would be a 24 day supply and honestly would be in no way comparable to a legit Mediator PA product like the Nutrabio one that you said that you had used. I originally started to post a detailed breakdown on the subject but saved it and decided not to post it because I wanted my reply to be as pc and nice as possible.

On the subject of Phosphatidic Acid in general, the companies that first brought this to market really created some misguided perceptions by comparing it to D-bol and talking about quick gains. The reality is that while PA does start working from when you start taking it, it actually has to build up in your system for best results so it takes a couple of weeks for a lot of people to really start seeing great results from it. It really needs to be ran for min. 8 to 12 weeks in my opinion.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ah. Sorry, didn’t mean to put you in a weird spot. I was aware of Mediator and knew it was good stuff but I hadn’t heard of the other and I couldn’t find any info. Since I knew you were making a PA product, I figured you researched the branded stuff.
No worries, I know you meant well. And I appreciate you thinking of me and tagging me. I'm always glad to help and I know a lot about branded ingredients and am glad to share that knowledge to help people.

The problem is in this case sharing that knowledge would come off like I'm putting the other company down and I try my best to never say anything negative about other companies. But the reality is that they are violating Chemi Nutra's patent and also there are things about the product that don't add up to being possible.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Supplements 23
Rad83 Supplements 34
money0351 Supplement Auction 1