Unanswered P5P vs B6

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So I’ve been doing some reading about B6 and it’s lowering of prolactin at about 500-600mg but from what I’ve found P5P (pyridoxal 5 phosphate) at 70mg is the equivalent to 750mg B6 but there’s limited information on it otherwise. I know inhibit P is a rather respected sup in the AM community (and I can see why, I’m on Deca and couldn’t get it up until I started taking that and it worked very fast) but I’d like to hear more from people who have taken B6 or better yet, P5P to manage high prolactin symptoms and what your outcome was. Better yet post blood work if you have it.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
From my understanding p5p doesn’t have the neuro side effects constant high b6 can bring which is the major benefit speaking strictly from a vitamin supplementation standpoint.

Last edited:

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
From my understanding p5p doesn’t have the neuro side effects constant high b6 can bring which is the major benefit.
That’s what I’ve read as well, although with it and L-Dopa I get an almost euphoric effect. It’s very mild but I feel very relaxed on it.
I’ve decided to try upping the dose of inhibit P to 3 pills a day instead of 2 just to see what happens and how I feel. I’d been having some ED problems and I started it and rather quickly got my wood back with no issues but it was so fast I figured it had to be either placebo or something else so I went off of it for a couple days and what do you know, ED is back with a vengeance. So I popped one in the morning and one about 15 minutes ago. Will take another before bed.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
P5P is a lot more effective at lowering prolactin than b6 because you can take significantly lower dose. You should probably dose it 3 times per day. As well as a ldopa supplement (prolactrone). Sometimes the otc option is not enough, and if prolactin sides still exist, you will have to get prami or caber.

Reactions: SPS

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
P5P is a lot more effective at lowering prolactin than b6 because you can take significantly lower dose. You should probably dose it 3 times per day. As well as a ldopa supplement (prolactrone). Sometimes the otc option is not enough, and if prolactin sides still exist, you will have to get prami or caber.
Yeah I’m just trying to avoid caber or prami if I can. I saw a study where people that did respond to B6 saw a 60% decrease in prolactin levels, caber was 90% and prami was 50% but this was all dose depending and all doses were moderately low.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I’m just trying to avoid caber or prami if I can. I saw a study where people that did respond to B6 saw a 60% decrease in prolactin levels, caber was 90% and prami was 50% but this was all dose depending and all doses were moderately low.
Give it a go, and I hope it is enough for you!

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Give it a go, and I hope it is enough for you!
Same! Guess we will see. I’m lowering my Adex a little as well because my estrogen may be out of whack as well. I have zero sensitivity and a couple other issues. Also I was rather sick yesterday and I’m not sure if it was the illness or what but all my joints even in my hands felt like they had sandpaper in them, could hardly move anything which sucked. Maybe low E? I don’t know.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Same! Guess we will see. I’m lowering my Adex a little as well because my estrogen may be out of whack as well. I have zero sensitivity and a couple other issues. Also I was rather sick yesterday and I’m not sure if it was the illness or what but all my joints even in my hands felt like they had sandpaper in them, could hardly move anything which sucked. Maybe low E? I don’t know.
Smart move. Keep paying attention to your body.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For sure. Another thing I’ve noticed is itching around or outside the nipples but nothing in the nipples like if my E got too high but this could also just be nothing. We will see!

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For sure. Another thing I’ve noticed is itching around or outside the nipples but nothing in the nipples like if my E got too high but this could also just be nothing. We will see!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good be E or P. Itching is the first sigh that one of or both are elevated. Dont stay in that state too long, next step is the lump.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good be E or P. Itching is the first sigh that one of or both are elevated. Dont stay in that state too long, next step is the lump.
It’s more towards the inside of my chest though, not in the nips at all, more like an inch toward the inside of my chest from the left nipple. Estrogen was 17pg a few days ago. I hold fat on my chest already but it’s not crazy.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well even at 4 doses a day I still managed to get Deca dick this morning. It’s really starting to frustrate me. Might just take the Deca out of the equation for a while.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Well even at 4 doses a day I still managed to get Deca dick this morning. It’s really starting to frustrate me. Might just take the Deca out of the equation for a while.
What is your Deca to Test ratio? You need to get E2 in check ASAP!! You won’t get prolactin gyno as long as E2 in check. They are directly related to one another. If your only taking camber or P5P it will do NOTHING AS LONG AS ESTROGEN IS ELEVATED. This is when pharma AI and serms take away some the guesswork. Your best bet at this point is to get that E2 down and get on 20mg of nolva a day! It’s much more important then trying to control prolactin.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is your Deca to Test ratio? You need to get E2 in check ASAP!! You won’t get prolactin gyno as long as E2 in check. They are directly related to one another. If your only taking camber or P5P it will do NOTHING AS LONG AS ESTROGEN IS ELEVATED. This is when pharma AI and serms take away some the guesswork. Your best bet at this point is to get that E2 down and get on 20mg of nolva a day! It’s much more important then trying to control prolactin.
Not having gyno issues, just ED. I don’t really have any drive or libido but when my wife hops on I’m good to go.... then I just kinda lose feeling and go soft after a little bit. She’s getting off which is great but I’m getting frustrated as hell.
E2 is fine, is well in range and I’m actually letting it rise just a little.
I may have to cut my cycle short regardless because since I got food poisoning and all the other issues that’ve arose from that I guess I managed to tear something in my stomach when vomiting. Still crapping my guts out. I just can’t eat let alone lift at all. It’s pretty much a waste of good gear.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Not having gyno issues, just ED. I don’t really have any drive or libido but when my wife hops on I’m good to go.... then I just kinda lose feeling and go soft after a little bit. She’s getting off which is great but I’m getting frustrated as hell.
E2 is fine, is well in range and I’m actually letting it rise just a little.
I may have to cut my cycle short regardless because since I got food poisoning and all the other issues that’ve arose from that I guess I managed to tear something in my stomach when vomiting. Still crapping my guts out. I just can’t eat let alone lift at all. It’s pretty much a waste of good gear.
Your going to cut a Deca cycle short because of food poisoning? Why did you think k you had high prolactin sides. Itch nipples isn’t a sign of prolactin.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just wondering, can high prolactin make you feel kinda sick upon waking? I have been getting this here and there ever since problems with e2 and prolactin started and trying to find out whether its my hypochondria or it really is hormonal?

I know that pregnant women do sometimes feel sick in the morning, so there might be a connection.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just wondering, can high prolactin make you feel kinda sick upon waking? I have been getting this here and there ever since problems with e2 and prolactin started and trying to find out whether its my hypochondria or it really is hormonal?

I know that pregnant women do sometimes feel sick in the morning, so there might be a connection.
Low prolactin can for sure. Don’t know about high.
But I have all sorts of stomach issues with stomach that could be from on my orals or one of the half dozen RC ancillaries i use daily.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just wanted to chime in here and say something about why P5P is so superior to B6.

From all the DNA to date that’s been analyzed by companies like 23andMe, almost half of all people alive today, DONT concert B vitamins to their active form.
Example: Folic Acid, the staple of all prenatal vitamins, 45% of people alive today don’t actually convert it to Folate. Making supplementing it worthless. They need to either take supps with the active form methylfolate, or find active folate in foods.
Keep in mind B vitamins are involved in every single process that takes place in the brain.
This is one of several reasons people have more dementia, depression, endocrine dysfunction, etc etc.
So anyways, when you take b6, there’s a chance it’s worthless and your body won’t convert it.
I feel the biggest reason we know about P5P, is because SNS is a seriously awesome supplement company and released a great product that we all mimic when we buy our natural homemade anti prolactin supp. L-dopa and P5P. Inhibit P already uses the active form of b6, making it a supplement that will guaranteed work for all that use it.