P-Slin capsule question

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Hey guys,

Been using P-slin ever since it came out and during the last big sale, stocked up on it (when it was 're-released' in the little boxes + blister packs instead of the bottles)

I finished my last bottle and went on to the boxes 2 weeks ago and I found that the contents of the capsules has become hardened. The capsules from the bottles was soft due to the contents being powdered, however this is the 2nd box I'm opening and when you shake the capsule, it feels like there's a solid pellet inside instead of powder.

At first I thought it may have just been the one box, but now that I'm on the 2nd box, it's the same thing. All my supps are stored in the cold room, away from light and packed in zip locks. The wierd thing is that these caps are still in the blister packs. Is this normal?

Not sure if this is the reason I'm having uber rotten gas while I'm taking these - something that I didn't experience when I was taking the original bottled version.

:think:

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
I know I'm not the only one using P-slin from the blister packs guys... don't be shy to drop feedback

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My P-Slin is the same way. I just open the capsule and take is like that. It's like a little black bullet.

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Really eh... do you remember if USP mentioned anything regarding it being a pellet within the capsule? I'm just asking because the old bottles had it powdered inside the capsule. Just wondering why and what the change was... hopefully a USP rep can help out here.

Really eh... do you remember if USP mentioned anything regarding it being a pellet within the capsule? I'm just asking because the old bottles had it powdered inside the capsule. Just wondering why and what the change was... hopefully a USP rep can help out here.
In cool places it becomes hydroscopic and hardens but its still the same great product.

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
In cool places it becomes hydroscopic and hardens but its still the same great product.
Hmm.. wouldn't this be an issue though? I thought the blister packs were to ensure that each capsule would be air tight as opposed to in a bottle, where you constantly open/close the bottle allowing moisture and other elements in and out of the bottle a couple of times a day.

Also, with regards to it's hydroscopic (hygroscopic) properties as you mention - how would this affect it's efficacy? We know for a fact that if this was a compound like creatine, being packaged in a way that would allow moisture to reach it, the compounds properties would change with regards to efficacy and toxicity (breakdown into creatinine).

I'm bringing this up again, due to the fact that prior to using the P-slin from the new packaging, I did not experience as much foul gas and bloatiness from the old formula/product/packaging as I currently am - while I haven't changed anything else in the equation (diet, no additional supps etc.)

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My P-Slin is the same way. I just open the capsule and take is like that. It's like a little black bullet.
It's so you can use it as a suppository (apparently...) :think:

No, seriously this issue was address a while back - it's not a problem.