P-Slin + ALA: yes or no?

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Can you take ALA while you're running P-Slin? I know this was an issue with AP, but now I'm just confused as to why.

P-Slin appears to be a combo of Banaba extract and Gymnema Sylvestre, which are both good for controlling blood sugar levels. Doesn't ALA do likewise?

Why would this have been counter-productive for AP? I thought AP helped to lower blood sugar levels as well...

...tell me to search more if I'm being stupid...

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
You ain't stupid lol. I see no problem. I have done AP in the past no problem.

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't see the need to use ALA, or any other like supplements, when using P-Slin.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I don't see the need to use ALA, or any other like supplements, when using P-Slin.
Ok, I can definitely see that because of the glucose control from the P-Slin.

I am looking for the anti-oxidant effects from it and would only take it post-workout. I was just hoping that the ALA would not decrease the effectiveness of the P-Slin. If you think I should save it for when I'm not using P-Slin, then I would do so.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Ok, I can definitely see that because of the glucose control from the P-Slin.

I am looking for the anti-oxidant effects from it and would only take it post-workout. I was just hoping that the ALA would not decrease the effectiveness of the P-Slin. If you think I should save it for when I'm not using P-Slin, then I would do so.

ALA is a fantastik anti-oxidant and I take it myself. The issue we saw with AP was the possibility of insulin mimics interfering with AP's abilities to block glut-4 in adipose tissue. I honestly don't know at this point if there is a similar potential issue with P-Slin. Then again, the dose required for ALA to be an effective anti-oxidant is probably too low to be concerned with anyway.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
ALA is a fantastik anti-oxidant and I take it myself. The issue we saw with AP was the possibility of insulin mimics interfering with AP's abilities to block glut-4 in adipose tissue. I honestly don't know at this point if there is a similar potential issue with P-Slin. Then again, the dose required for ALA to be an effective anti-oxidant is probably too low to be concerned with anyway.
So it is more of a GLUT4 issue than it is a blood sugar issue:

AP was trying to down regulate GLUT4 in fat tissue.
ALA upregulates GLUT4 (in all/most tissue?).

What I'm taking home from all this is that ALA + P-SLin is going to be fine; I just better have enough carbs around administration of both lest I go hypo.

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Be careful, I have gone very near hypo using both ALA and AP together. I am about to try PSLin and will try the same to see results.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Be careful, I have gone very near hypo using both ALA and AP together. I am about to try PSLin and will try the same to see results.
Thanks man. I had thought about that when I started looking at the ingredients of P-Slin.

I'm not a very big guy (185 lbs, low teens bf i think) so the thought of 100 g of carbs at once 10 min after P-Slin about an 1.5 hours pre w/o was kind of scary to me, but now I think I will definitely need it. Post w/o carbs will be thrown in too of course. I'm trying to remain lean for the next month before I try to bulk again.

I feel like I should be alright though. I will know when I'm not though! :lol:

davidcyt

davidcyt

Awards
pslin is ok with ALA.
i tried today with Sizeon which contains ALA and no problem at all, dont worry!