Over sized T shirts

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Anyone here used to buying these over sized t shirts (meant to cover your biceps / triceps fully) for regular t shirts a L Is tight on me and XL is normal/slightly loose.. I was wondering how much bigger are over sized t shirts? Should I go for Large if I want it to cover my upper arms and look loose ? Or XL? Or is it going to be way too big? It’s a silly question but idk anyone in my personal life that’s wearing this. @Hyde ?

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not sure where you live but Farm and Fleet sell dickies t-shirts with a breast pocket and their own brand called Work n Sport and bot cover past the elbow on me in XXL and XL. They can be ordered online too I believe. The cheaper worknsport are actually nicer IMO.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not sure where you live but Farm and Fleet sell dickies t-shirts with a breast pocket and their own brand called Work n Sport and bot cover past the elbow on me in XXL and XL. They can be ordered online too I believe. The cheaper worknsport are actually nicer IMO.
Yeah but that’s exactly what I don’t wanna do, take regular shirts and having to do 2Xl or 3xl to cover up arms cause then your mid section looks baggy and bad imo. That’s what the over sized are meant for. Same fit but bigger / longer sleeve. I’m just looking for someone who’s bought specific over sized to know how much bigger they are compared to regular.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Anyone here used to buying these over sized t shirts (meant to cover your biceps / triceps fully) for regular t shirts a L Is tight on me and XL is normal/slightly loose.. I was wondering how much bigger are over sized t shirts? Should I go for Large if I want it to cover my upper arms and look loose ? Or XL? Or is it going to be way too big? It’s a silly question but idk anyone in my personal life that’s wearing this. @Hyde ?
You going full gangsta style on us?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have long arms, so proportionally my arms don’t get super big. I have some bro tees that cover the upper arm fully but in my experience they are nearly as tight as normal size shirts of same size. It’s pretty uncomfortable. I usually just push them up so they sit on top of my biceps more comfortably. You built the muscle, no reason not to show it off. Men are envious and the women enjoy it.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I posted this on my training thread but I'll share it here, too. I've been buying Bella Canvas t-shirts off Amazon for 7-10 bucks each. The XL's cover my arms (but not a baggy cover, still tight-ish) and the torso isn't baggy at all. For 7 bucks, it might be worth a try.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nobody seems to know what’s over sized t shirt though 😂 it’s a pre made t shirt thats already larger than its usual size. So a Large over sized will be a lot larger than a regular L. So someone wearing L Normaly would wear medium on a over sized. I already got some 2-3XL regulars at home to make a over sized look and it just looks like a mess.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nobody seems to know what’s over sized t shirt though it’s a pre made t shirt thats already larger than its usual size. So a Large over sized will be a lot larger than a regular L. So someone wearing L Normaly would wear medium on a over sized. I already got some 2-3XL regulars at home to make a over sized look and it just looks like a mess.
Ohhhhhhh I got you now.

Like that?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you looked at brands that cater for actual bbers? I like GASPs stuff, and their size guide is accurate in my experience. MuscleNation is an auzzie brand but their stuff sh1ts on almost every other gym wear brand. They have at least 3 styles of oversized tee, their main "model" is a jacked mofo so you can get a good idea on style/fit.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have you looked at brands that cater for actual bbers? I like GASPs stuff, and their size guide is accurate in my experience. MuscleNation is an auzzie brand but their stuff sh1ts on almost every other gym wear brand. They have at least 3 styles of oversized tee, their main "model" is a jacked mofo so you can get a good idea on style/fit.
Yeah bro I was exactly going to buy gasp over sized t shirt and another BBers brand! So I can trust their size guide eh?? Have you bought any bro?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah bro I was exactly going to buy gasp over sized t shirt and another BBers brand! So I can trust their size guide eh?? Have you bought any bro?
I've found it accurate. But I've only bought their tanks and stringers (L), and I normally wear a large. Some brands a Large is a bit too snug and I need to size up, but GASP was perfect. If it helps, I'm a 46inch chest circumference. If you're in-between sizes, obviously go down for snug and up for looser, as a general guide.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nobody seems to know what’s over sized t shirt though it’s a pre made t shirt thats already larger than its usual size. So a Large over sized will be a lot larger than a regular L. So someone wearing L Normaly would wear medium on a over sized. I already got some 2-3XL regulars at home to make a over sized look and it just looks like a mess.
Bro you are like average height 220 trying 3XL?? Lol yeah I bet that’s a right mess! I only needed 2XL for a loose/comfy fit at 260s. I could still wear a lot of my XL shirts snuggly. XL should have you covered.

What’s your cold arm measurement at greatest diameter? I mean if it’s 18 or something like that yeah I am out of ideas without tailored or special brand clothes, but 17.5 and under you should be able to make due with XL and not look bad.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I wear "longline" tees. They have a slim long torso and larger arm holes. They are meant for gansta kids I think, but they are the only tees I have found that fit me decently.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bro you are like average height 220 trying 3XL?? Lol yeah I bet that’s a right mess! I only needed 2XL for a loose/comfy fit at 260s. I could still wear a lot of my XL shirts snuggly. XL should have you covered.

What’s your cold arm measurement at greatest diameter? I mean if it’s 18 or something like that yeah I am out of ideas without tailored or special brand clothes, but 17.5 and under you should be able to make due with XL and not look bad.
Damn bro you don’t get it 😂 to reach the effect where my arms are covered and not showing I NEED 3XL or else my arms show because I am very thick/large for my weight and that’s not the look I want. But then on 3XL since I’m lean and I have a small waist It looks bad. That’s the whole point of over sized t shirt... the waist / fit will be less fluffy but the sleeves are going to be significantly bigger.. so a L Over sized will have a L Waist / general measurement but with let’s say 3-4XL sleeves.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Hyde also bro stop making me insecure with your huge 260 lbs okay? It’s not nice 😂... at what BF is this I’m jealous

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Scan was showing either 24 or 26% as I recall.

I have made it down to 239.2 today and hoping to get scanned in about 3 weeks when cut ends!
Nice ! You trying to reach a certain weight / BF? You must be around 15% now or what?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice ! You trying to reach a certain weight / BF? You must be around 15% now or what?
No way, unfortunately. I began the cut at 249.6 or so 10 weeks ago after 12-13 weeks off cycle, so 10lbs down and more muscle for sure. I am seeing changes in my core, but I would assume I am around 20%. Just trying to cut some fat and rebuild a better base before going back up again.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah but that’s exactly what I don’t wanna do, take regular shirts and having to do 2Xl or 3xl to cover up arms cause then your mid section looks baggy and bad imo. That’s what the over sized are meant for. Same fit but bigger / longer sleeve. I’m just looking for someone who’s bought specific over sized to know how much bigger they are compared to regular.
I suppose I have never seen anything like that personally. I needed a shirt that size as I was 275 at the time. Would the oversized not also be oversized around the waist area? Can you just order one and try it on? I have seen XLT that had longer sleeves as well. Maybe call a big and tall store and ask them as the tall guys need longer sleeves but not the waist area.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I still think these may suit you with their LT or XLT, I would not be surprised if the normal L or XL worked as well the sleeves were very roomy on the ones I got. At that price not much risk vs other options. They have also held up really well to years of washer/dryer. The ones I have were almost daily wear and that was almost ten years ago with nothing more than some fading.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just wear normal fitting clothing lol. Everything fits me a lil weird, though due to my limb lengths compared to my torso , so I just wear gym clothes mainly lol. And hoodies / band t - shirts

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Will say I am extremely ocd about the comfort of my clothes and how they feel. I've always been like this , so I prefer things bigger and loose fitting. I spaz out when clothing feels too uncomfortable. Definitely no tight gym shark joggers , or skinny jeans for me lmao

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
RagTop bayybayy!

Got an old school 80s bodybuilder, badass dude at my gym, I see every once in a while, rocks these....sorry I can’t help ya with sizing. Buy a couple and send one back?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
RagTop bayybayy!

Got an old school 80s bodybuilder, badass dude at my gym, I see every once in a while, rocks these....sorry I can’t help ya with sizing. Buy a couple and send one back?
Damn , I wouldn't wear that unless I was 210-220+ at 10% bf

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
RagTop bayybayy!

They have some nice sweaters. Noted this site

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Here’s one I like, the sleeves are unfinished and it has sort of that wide old school look.
(Sleeves might be a bit shorter than what ya want tho, neck is crew and not deep enough for that upper pec to show, but you could probably cut the neck hole out and have that same unfinished look) I’ve seen this exact Champion at Marshall’s for $17.....Ross, Marshall’s, TJMaxx, Burlington...they have some cool stuff sometimes and much lower priced!

Champion LIFE Men's Reverse Weave Ss Crew https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073X54HDT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_.nx9FbZPBQ5FR?psc=1

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mathb33 have you checked out Wesley Vissers "Vintage Genetics" clothing line? Some of his stuff looks good.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Mathb33 have you checked out Wesley Vissers "Vintage Genetics" clothing line? Some of his stuff looks good.
Just checked didn’t know anything about pretty cool old school stuff noted for my future purchases :) thanks

Reactions: Nac
textilexst

textilexst

Awards
I have never tried them because they look so useless to me and I don’t like to spend money on something that I do not find useful. Such t-shirts were not useful in everyday life and, therefore, just pieces of clothing that I would eventually throw away.
I would rather buy a 100%-cotton embroidered t-shirt with a beautiful pattern that will look and feel good on me. I prefer this type of clothes – something that I can use for more than one purpose. Otherwise, I would just spend a fortune trying to get some clothing for every aspect of my life.
It is also better for the environment when you don’t buy stuff that you don’t actually need.

Last edited:
Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have never tried them because they look so useless to me and I don’t like to spend money on something that I do not find useful. Such t-shirts were not useful in everyday life and, therefore, just pieces of clothing that I would eventually throw away.
what the **** was the point of this post? This is like joining a soccer page and simply state you personally don’t like soccer? Who cares wtf lmfaoooo I can’t believe the randomness of this

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also what a stupid argument. You could say you don’t like the style, but how could a t shirt be useless? It’s meant to go on you. It can’t more useless than the t shirts YOU personally wear as it serves the exact same purpose… which is to be worn.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well.. Thanks for sharing

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cheap XXL Heavy Cotton Gildan works for me right now.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cheap XXL Heavy Cotton Gildan works for me right now.
This is my ideal shirt and size right now for things like squatting, benching, or any time you need traction on your upper back (yoke carry in strongman as another example) in a material that holds sweat and chalk well & won’t tear under knurling.

But they are hot, heavy, and exactly the opposite of what an oversized shirt is supposed to be I believe (more room in the arms than in the trunk). These are not aesthetic or fitted in any way.