OTC supps + PDE5 inhibitors?

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering if anyone has suggestions as to what OTC supplements to avoid when taking PDE5 inhibitor (such as tadalafil). PDE5 inhibitors can lower blood pressure so I'm sure its best to avoid other supplements that significantly lower BP. Any thoughts guys?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Assuming you have no health issues, I am not convinced most are "that" effective enough to matter much but keep an eye on things until you assess what affects you adversely.

Some that come to mind: Nitrates, Hawthorne, Celery/Celery Seed, Copious amounts of K+, Forskolin

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was wondering if anyone has suggestions as to what OTC supplements to avoid when taking PDE5 inhibitor (such as tadalafil). PDE5 inhibitors can lower blood pressure so I'm sure its best to avoid other supplements that significantly lower BP. Any thoughts guys?
Assuming you have no health issues, I am not convinced most are "that" effective enough to matter much but keep an eye on things until you assess what affects you adversely.

Some that come to mind: Nitrates, Hawthorne, Celery/Celery Seed, Copious amounts of K+, Forskolin
Yep, you're both correct; basically avoid anything with ingredients that lower BP. Also avoid things like grapefruit juice, naringin, etc.

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Yep, you're both correct; basically avoid anything with ingredients that lower BP. Also avoid things like grapefruit juice, naringin, etc.
Will do. I'm currently on Anabeta, Endosurge Turbo, and Macapro. From what I understand, these shouldn't effect BP too much. From what I've read L-Dopa( in Endosurge) may alter blood pressure but nothing extreme. Perhaps I'm over thinking it but I just wanted to be safe running these in conjunction with a PDE5 inhibitor.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will do. I'm currently on Anabeta, Endosurge Turbo, and Macapro. From what I understand, these shouldn't effect BP too much. From what I've read L-Dopa( in Endosurge) may alter blood pressure but nothing extreme. Perhaps I'm over thinking it but I just wanted to be safe running these in conjunction with a PDE5 inhibitor.
Nothing wrong with being safe :)