OTC SLEEP AIDS THAT ACTUALLY WORK, PLEASE!

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
Hey guys and gals. Ragnar here, author of The Ment Diaries, wanting to know from all of you obviously experienced people I've encountered so far, if you know of any non addictive sleep aids. One of the very few sides I'm experiencing from Ment is trouble sleeping. Now let me preface this with the severity of the issue, since it may alter your suggestions. I normally get up to get ready for work at 630-7am. I can't sleep past 430-5am due to the Ment. I have not tried any otc sleep aids at all yet because I have some experience with such medications and every time I take one I get the feeling of groggyness until noon or so the next day and I absolutely hate that, plus I gotta work! So that can't be going on. I am on Ment only cycle so I wouldn't have trouble evaluating any and all effects positive and negative. So I am positive its Ment induced. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
bighulksmash

Get in here. Lol. The man needs sleep!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Sedation is an amazing product ! Ill link you hang on .

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You're set broneedsleepski!

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Kava kava helps if you need more than that stack it with Benadryl and melatonin.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Phenibut works like a charm , something Ive used since 2005, ive gone six months without dosing it as well. That said, Phenibut is best used two times a week maximum, and may be a good idea to stick with once a week or less =-) I took some tonight , and its been abotu two weeks since the last time Ive done it.

Gaba works well right before bed

of course magnesium and zinc are nice minerals to helps relax

Millennium Sports SOMNIDREN-GH is a sleep supplement that has some good sleep relaxing ingredients like gaba, l-theanine. ALR Industries Lean Dreams is pretty good.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS GROWTH FACTOR XT as well as SNS ZMA are two great products to help with sleep.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Iron Mag Labs Dream-N-Grow would be my top pick of the many products I have tried. Phenibut here and there is always nice as well..

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ZMA & Melatonin knock my ass right out.
Melatonin has taken some trial and error with myself. I used to take it in 2004-2005 in my college days to help sleep and get up earlier. Then i saw studies it lowered sperm count even quite low doses, so i stopped.

I recently learned if you're new to melatonin that three mgs is too much. Start out with 0.75 or less. My experience is three mgs makes me feel very different, when I haven't taken it in a while then start taking 3 mg.

I haven't taken any in maybe a month, and tomorrow my work schedule has me working earlier than I'm used to getting up , I just split the 3 mgs pill into fourths, which equals about 0.75.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Melatonin has taken some trial and error with myself. I used to take it in 2004-2005 in my college days to help sleep and get up earlier. Then i saw studies it lowered sperm count even quite low doses, so i stopped.

I recently learned if you're new to melatonin that three mgs is too much. Start out with 0.75 or less. My experience is three mgs makes me feel very different, when I haven't taken it in a while then start taking 3 mg.

I haven't taken any in maybe a month, and tomorrow my work schedule has me working earlier than I'm used to getting up , I just split the 3 mgs pill into fourths, which equals about 0.75.
Yeah, melatonin sure can be tricky and there is no one dose fits all by any means. Dream-N-Grow is the first blend that I have been able to consistently tolerate for a product that conatains melatonin. I am guessing it must be dosed on the lower end, or that the Kratom counteracts the negative side affects for me. Melatonin more often than not disrupts my sleep or makes it very inconsistent.

I was not aware that melatonin has an impact on sperm count. I will have to look into that...

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Subbed for info.
Long time piss poor sleep here (4 hours is a good night)
I've tried
Melatonin (up to 20mg) and doesn't really do much but make me feel drowsy regardless of dose (won't switch my brain off though)
GABA (combined with melatonin at 3000mg) gets me to sleep for an hour or so.
Valerian root. Pretty much worthless IME

Sedation sounds a decent product though I'm in OZ
Phenibut is next on the list.

Heard good things about BSL's anaesthetized too

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Found a new method that works (unless you are on stims):
Stay with me on that, I know I'm sounding like a nutcase now... :)
Go to bed.
When breathing in, imagen a sound in your head like: "tzah"
When breathing out, imagen a sound in your head like: "ohm"
Do it until you sleep. It works awesome, unless you took your pre workout stim way too late.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I'm all for psychological remedies to improve sleep quality so I'll give that a try. No big loss if it doesn't work. Thanks.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm all for psychological remedies to improve sleep quality so I'll give that a try. No big loss if it doesn't work. Thanks.
The "tzah" sound is like "tzuh".

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Indeed. Ive known this over a decade If you google melatonin and sperm count youll see plenty

heres a study that showed up https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12065466
Given that only 2 of the 8 men were affected in the study, I think it is somewhat inconclusive. The study even suggests the same. There certainly could have been other factors involved with those two men in that timeframe and thereafter.

I certainly would not rule it out as a possibility though and thanks for sharing!

Laxarcher13

Laxarcher13

Awards
Have a tried a red strain of Kratom? If not I recommend trying Red Bali from soulfulherbals.com. I’m not a rep for them I just believe holistic medicine needs to become more prevalent in America.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I've tried kava recently and works a treat. I often find I can't wind down and relax in order to get to sleep. After 2 cups of kava I sink into the mattress. Apparently some experience a reverse tolerance in time which would come in handy because it isn't cheap. I've also read that the kava supplements (pills) are for the most part ineffective and have been a proposed cause of liver failure. Apparently it's best to source ground kava root and make the brew yourself.

IrelandRose

Awards
It all depends on how your body reacts to certain things. I've tried melatonin and it did nothing, I've tried tylenol PM, Nyquil, Zquil, just about everything. I just stick to ambien (which you need a prescription for) but it works every time and I don't feel groggy. Try asking your Dr.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meditation for sure helps . I do it before bed the ohm sound.

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Believe it or not- stress formula by sundown (I take like 5-10 caps depending but the blend is actually good) and stack w high dose valerian, and I mean hiiiigh dose. May take 16 caps between the two if needed. But if you take about an hour before u wanna be out and turn off tv and all that **** then you should sleep.
Phenibut works muuuuch better than Gaba as Gaba doesnt cross BBB.
Also a huge can of kava kava. If you get good **** it should knock you out like you took a Xanax/valium. Kava and bennies was a combo I used for a long time.
And there's always some red Borneo if you like kratom.
And of course- jack/ jim beam. Whiskey is a godsend for all that ales us.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
https://www.chaosandpain.com/hypnos-sleep-aid

Do you like to be awesome all of the time, even when you are asleep? Can’t wait to slay monsters with Santa Claus in your dreams? If so, Hypnos if for you! Crammed full of sleep goodness, Hypnos will body slam you into the ring of recovery!There weren’t enough capsules to contain this explosion of awesomeness, so we had to make Hypnos into a powder!

Each serving has:

Phenibut – 500mg: An analog of GABA. It has the awesome power of being able to cross over the blood brain barrier! Phenibt doesn’t pay any tolls!
GABA – 500mg: A calming neurotransmitter that is also responsible for muscle tone regulation. Turns off the brain’s light switch, while toning up your body!
Magnesium Aspartate – 250mg: Vital for GABA receptors to function properly. Helps you get the most out of Phenibut and GABA.
Valerian Root Extract – 200mg: An herb used to battle insomnia to the death, while bringing forth Lucid Dreaming!
L-Dopa 98% - 50mg: Precursor to dopamine, a neurotransmitter that plays a vital role in sleep, sexual desire, memory, mood, motivation and attention. I once knew a friend who completed a “Hat-Trick” by using L-Dopa!
Hops – 50mg: Makes your favorite “Happy Hour” beverage taste awesome, and aids with sleep.
Passionflower 10:1 – 30mg: An herb that fights for your right to sleep, without any hangover effects!
Melatonin – 5mg: The king of sleep supplements. This hormone is released by the pineal gland when it is dark outside! Don’t be “3rd Eye Blind,” take your Hypnos tonight

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GreenMachineX Supplements 12
paul56778 Supplements 69
lightemup Supplements 33
Stallion83 Supplements 55
SteelEntity OTC Drug 33