OTC Compounds Users' Guide (Non-steroids, PHs, SARMs, or Andros

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
There is a Users' Guide for SARMs, Andros, and PCT, but not one for the other compounds that do not fall into this category. So this is it. I thought of putting one together, then posting it, but instead I decided to have this as a living document, where I just update it as I have the time.
Pretty much, all of the information here has been taken from different sources on the Internet. None of it is mine. I just started doing some research for personal interest and thought it would be nice to capture the information in one place for easy access.
Also, if anyone posts additional info, I will fold it into this document.

Laxogenin (5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin)
Affects T levels: No.
Requires PCT: No.
Liver toxic: No.
Legal: Yes.
Cycle length: 8 to 12 weeks, followed by 4 weeks off.
What is it: Laxogenin is a plant derived steroid, similar to Oxandrolone, but without the side effects of liver toxicity or increases in blood pressure, therefore not requiring any additional liver support compounds. It does not affect testosterone levels, so there is no likelihood of testing positive for steroids. It's lack of androgenic side-effects means that it can be safely used by both men and women.
Primarily, Laxogenin is used for increasing strength, endurance, and recovery, which means it can be used on cycle for recovery, or in PCT to maintain strength gains. Laxogenin increases protein synthesis by over 200% and, anecdotally, increases strength should be visible by the end of the first week of use. Cycle length is recommended from 8 to 12 weeks, with a break in between cycles.
One additional benefit of Laxogenin is that it regulates cortisol levels, reducing muscle catabolism (break down). This makes it ideal for stacking with MK-677 (Ibutamoren, Gharine), which increases IGF-1 levels, but also increases cortisol levels. Use of Laxogenin with MK-677 may help keep cortisol levels in check.
On the downside, Laxogenin has poor absorption. However, transdermal application increases its bioavailability by bypassing the digestive system. Also new products are being created that encapsulate it in a lipid that will prevent degradation as it passes through the digestive tract.
Studies: Anabolic effect of plant brassinosteroid

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I don't think Laxo needed to be in the AAS section,
Or are you tackling some other things here soon too?

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
I don't think Laxo needed to be in the AAS section,
Or are you tackling some other things here soon too?
On second thought, maybe it does not belong in the Anabolic section and should be moved to the appropriate forum.