Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Ostarine REcomp. Good results.

1st post ever on anyboard!

Background- I've lifted weights on and off for the last 10 years. I would basically hit new pr's then always would stop for some reason (job,gf,partying,etc). This year marked a turning point for me though. When i hit 232 lbs it was time for me to make a change, and considering my friend just opened a 10,000 square foot training facility it was the perfect time.

PreStats- 27 yo/ 6'4/ 232lbs /22-20% bodyfat. Couldn't even do an overhead or front squat due to flexibility and my bench was 225x2 for a max. Dead lift was probably seriously like 250lbs, but honestly I was so out of shape I didn't keep track the best here.

Cycle- I ran a 14 week cycle (april 22-july 29) of ostarine. Tapered up to 25mg for the first two weeks then stayed at this dose till week 7. Week 7-10 I went up 37.5 mg and started running creatine/daa's for only that time period. Week 10 I started dosing 150 mg arimistane and started tapering down till the end. The last week I was only running 6.25 mg while i reintroduced creatine/sodium daa to my routine. I cut the arimistane back to 75mg on week 12 due to extreme pump/pain in my rear delts. Some people might of called this joint pain, but it was 100% muscular for me and my bench days are extreme. I am currently still on it for 1 more week. Aminos and whey everyday.

Diet- I changed slowly, but still slack in this category. I cut out 95% of the useless carbs and sugars I consumed, but I am not religious about it. If i want f*cking peach ring, i'm eating a peach ring lol. For the most part its clean though, since the gym owner (my buddy) is a hardcore paleo and 6% bf.

Training- Crossfit style training 3 days per week and traditional weight lifting for the rest. I benched and did shoulders/back (including lower) at least 3x's a week for much of it. Due to a chronic knee issue i couldn't stay as focused on my lower half like i do upper, but It definitely got attention multiple times a week.

Pictures- 1st was april 5th last was july 29th. The third picture is when I was down to 210 lbs, and the final picture is 10 days after i restarted my creatine and upped my carbs/calories, and I think the increase in muscle fullness is evident, along with the drying out effects of arimistane in the the 3rd pic.

Results- I cut down 210lbs with 10 days left, but decided to stop the cutting and start prepping for my next run, I finished the 4 month recomp at 215lb. Its hard to say where I am for BF, but without a doubt could of cut down to 8% or lower had that been my goal from day 1. I am now front squating 300lbs, dead lifting 385lb, hang cleaning 225lbs, shrugged 345x2 (not a strict shrug of course), and benching 225lbx18 with a max of 305lbx2. Overall i'm extremely happy, but if my life could be more focused around fitness I could of did better.


[Invalid Link Removed]

I'd like to know if these are normal results or above average for what I used. Any questions or feedback is extremely appreciated.
 
Honestly eat smart and eat healthy. Carbs are the only thing I watched. I consumed usually between 50-120 carbs a day with cheat days spiking sometimes 100% about the daily limit. If I wanted junk food bad enough I ate it, but in small portions and never 2x's per week. Unless your cutting to competition levels I wouldn't be too worried. Ostarine seemed like it would be really good on a lean bulk for those people that don't want go more advanced for w/e reasons. If you keep carbs low and eat clean I can almost guarantee you will still have noticeable weight loss even at maintenance level calories.

Some people cut down to 6% bf just to do it, but I think that would be counter productive for muscle growth to cut that low. My next cycle I will be using ostarine in a caloric surplus, but again lighter on the carbs. Hoping for a productive lean bulk. I want to get to 225 15% bf before I do hard cut to sub 10% bf levels
 
Back
Top