Ostarine Dermacrine Log

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Hello,

I am running a 60 day cycle of Ostarine (25mg ED) with dermacrine (3 pumps ED). I started yesterday, 7/11/2016 and let me just say holy hell, Osta tastes TERRIBLE lol. Dermacrine is easy to use, 3 pumps spread out on my shoulder/chest area, doesnt smell good but doesnt smell bad by any means. It has a pleasant smell sort of like the aloe hand sanitizer smell.

I usually follow an upper lower split, but I wanted to switch it up so my routine is now based around compound movements so Mondays I do overhead press and assistance work, Tuesdays I do squats and assistance work, Wednesday I do cardio, abs and goodmornings, Thursday is bench and assistance day, Friday I do cardio, abs and goodmornings and then Saturday is deadlift and assistance day. Sundays I am usually out hiking to different fishing spots until my wife gets mad and I have to get to them honey do's lol

Anyway, I am using this as a recomp to gain a bit more dryness/definition in my muscles without cutting weight. Along side I will be running cycle assist, Tudca and preworkout/whey protein. My diet is pretty decent for the most part I eat IIFYM and have been trying to figure out a good time to do intermittent fasting but i workout at 3AM and I cant workout on an empty stomach so any ideas on that would be appreciated. I focus most on my protein intake and then eat alot of pistachios and almonds as snacks. A typical lunch for me will be Tuna, almonds, veggies and then some peanut butter to get something sweet in my tummy.

So if anyone has any good suggestions for eating big on a budget I am all ears.
thanks for following if you decide to

Today was squat day:
Felt really tired this morning when I woke up and actually slept past 3 which put me at the gym around 3:45ish. I hate having to rush through my workout so I opted to just warm up on the spin cycle and do a **** ton of back squat sets and then some goblet squats followed by leg extensions and some dumbbell step ups then did 5 minutes of intense rowing to keep blood flow up and wake my tired *ss up.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Whats your daily schedule like? Why are you trying to do intermittent fasting?

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Whats your daily schedule like? Why are you trying to do intermittent fasting?
I wake up at 3, eat and head to the gym to start workout around 3:40 gotta be at work from 6:00am-2:30pm then I drive 40 minutes to pick up my kid and then back another 40 minutes home. Usually I am home between 4 and 5 pm. The fasting is not something I need to do, I have always been the type of person who gets really angry when I have not eaten so I figured it would be a good way to start getting over that feeling. And I believe it will be a good way to build will power. Like I said, its nothing that I have to do, my diet is really clean and I stay extremely lean even when I eat like a madman shoving twinkies and any other hostess treat I can in my mouth. Just something to maybe change up the pace of what I am currently doing which is just eating and counting macros

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Day 3:

Woke up feeling really refreshed this morning, decided I would go do cardio and abs fasted today to give it a shot. To my surprise I actually felt fine during my workout and kept the intensity up without running into that hunger wall I normally would. I started with walking uphill on the treadmill at incline 15/3mph for 15 minutes then moved to abs once I had my blood flowing. Abs went like so:

Hanging leg raises
Various exercises I do not know the names to involving the medicine ball - 8lbs and 10lbs
Russian Twists
Bicycle Kicks - I like to do these twice, once as work sets and then afterwards as a finisher
Good Mornings w 10lb and 25lb plates
Decline Situps w 25lb plate
Bicycle Kicks

Attempted to do HIIT on the stairmaster but only made it to 3 minutes. 30 seconds @6, 30 seconds @10. **** got intense real effin quick so opted to do HIIT on the rower instead

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Day 4:

No morning workout for me today. Will be at some running trails near my house later on today where they have different stations set up for pull ups and dips so I will get a good body weight and cardio session in. Tomorrow will be bench and assistance.

Anyone else get a rush of a good feeling after they take their dose of Osta? I dont know if placebo or what but I feel kind of on one after I take the dose in the AM. I get really amped from it. Dermacrine is easy to put on also. 3 pumps all over my chest/traps area drys really quickly too

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Day 5:

Bench day felt really good today. No strength increase just able to reach some high levels of intensity and add a few extra reps. I will say that my pump today was insane. Not much to say about today other than I feel fine, workout was great and I am happy because friday is payday which means I get to go refill my kitchen!!!

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Day 9:

Killed Overhead presses this morning then moved on to seated DB presses, then face pulls, then front raises and side lateral raises. Then i burned out on single arm dumbbell presses using a pyramid scheme to go down in weight. Had one hell of a pump today, my traps looked monster. I have noticed I am extra thirsty today as well. For breakfast I had a protein shake, 3 eggs and some wheat thins because they sounded hella good lol

For lunch today I am having 2 cans of tuna - 44g protein using sourdough bread and some mayo and mustard, and then I made a smoothie with strawberries, oats, greek yogurt, milk and peanut butter that was around 520 calories and full of greatness.

Nothing special to report so far other than I felt really strong today. Will post back up tomorrow after I squat!

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Day 10:

I have been feeling really tired the past few days in regards to waking up in the morning/staying awake between 12 and 2PM. Once I get off of lunch I go in to a downward spiral of lethargy so I either tough it out or snag a quick cup of coffee from the break room.

Upon waking this morning, I wanted to immediately go back to sleep. However, I really wanted to workout so I drank a protein shake got ready and headed to the gym for my squat day. Squats arent anything special for me, I am not the strongest guy by any means, but today my rep counts seemed extremely effortless. Depth and form were on point even on my last set which I usually tire out on.

Front squats next, followed by leg extensions then leg press. After that I burned out on goblet squat/pushups which made my whole body have a really impressive pump. I started this log at 174 pounds, and tomorrow I will be weighing myself in the morning to see if I have had any weight gain.

So far, I feel great at the gym and just feel normal outside of the gym. I do get tired but once it passes I am good to go. Another thing to report is the feeling of being happy, I am generally pretty happy, but, I notice lately that I have been really excited/happy.

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Day 10 - Another thing to note:

Ive been getting small acne breakouts on the back side of my left trap, I dont want to blame ostarine or dermacrine because I will get one on my back every so often. Just wanted to make a note of it. If acne becomes an issue I will drop dose down a bit and see whats good with that. My face has pretty much broken out since I was 12 or 13, it started to get better when I was 16 maybe 17 but then a few years later I moved to a whole different climate and that caused my skin to go ape sh*t. Now 12 years later I still get one or two on my forehead if I am not careful and touch my face a lot, but for the most part I am acne free. Wanted to give some back story so people didnt automatically assume it was from the osta or derma.

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Day 12:

Extremely good mood today, could be because it's Friday but I am thinking its because of the Derma and Osta. Going to hit my bench workout tonight a little after 9:30, I stayed up late last night because my wife has been working late so I am on dad duty a little later than I normally would be, which in turn has my mornings a tad bit off. I will log on after my workout to edit this post and let everyone know how the workout went and if I have been feeling stronger.

Thanks again for reading along with this everyone

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Oh forgot to mention I weighed in last night at 179 but I had been eating like a madman all day. I will do another weigh in first thing tomorrow morning to see how the first couple of weeks have been regarding weight.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any updates? Sorry I'm late but I'm in and I'll get some others to chyme in hopefully.

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Any updates? Sorry I'm late but I'm in and I'll get some others to chyme in hopefully.
Had an extremely busy weekend, was helping my boss move all day Saturday, then out hiking and fishing yesterday. I hit up this store called Aldi to get my dairy/meat and saved at least half of what I would normally spend at Wal mart or the grocery store. I got two dozen eggs for 1.09 each and two gallons of milk for 1.69 each. Then some greek yogurt for about 3.50 and a ton of tuna and steaks. I only spent 50 bucks there and came out with a very full kitchen.

I hit an early morning chest workout before helping my boss move on saturday and every movement was feeling really good. Incline bench normally makes my shoulder nag after a couple heavy sets (heavy for me anyway) and I didnt get that which was nice. Will be hitting overhead press tomorrow morning and will login right after that.

Today is day 15.

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Day 17:

Worked 12 hours yesterday and had a 1 1/2 hour commute home so worked 6-6 then got home around 8:30ish, made dinner and went to bed. My son (7 months old) woke up around 11:30 with a stuffy nose and was screaming because he couldnt breathe with his pacifier in his mouth. I am new to the whole dad thing so when a situation like that arises it gets me really worried. Stayed up with him until a little after midnight when he was finally able to breathe again. Needless to say I missed my AM workout. Will be heading to my brothers house after work to get my squat day in! Surprisingly, today I am still in a great mood. Still doing 25mg a day of the osta and 3 pumps of the derma. Today is day 17. Yesterday I worked overhead presses. My max on OP is 135, which is not really impressive, but I am working on getting my numbers up on all my main lifts which is why I am lifting this way.

Overhead presses @ 115 for 5x6
Face Pulls @ 65 for 4x10
Side lateral raises superset front lateral raises @ 12.5 for 3x10 each
Seated DB presses @ 45lb db 3x10 (the 45's felt extra light which was surprising because it was the end of my workout)
Ended with shoulder dislocates using a pvc pipe then stretched a bit

I have noticed that I havent been getting very sore. Although while I am working out I feel extremely taxed when I leave the gym. Recovery has been great!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice updates man! Any issues/negative or positive comments about dermacrine so far?

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Nice updates man! Any issues/negative or positive comments about dermacrine so far?
My only issue with the dermacrine is the part about holding my kid afterwards. I am obviously awake long before my wife and kid, but I get a little worried about my hands touching him after I have applied the dermacrine. I apply it right before work somewhere around 5:30am and I dont see my kiddo until around 3:15-3:30 so I am probably just being a worry wort, do you know if this is an issue? I usually wash my hands off afterwards just in case I need to pick him up or anything. Aside from that no issues at all. It goes on really easily and dries within 2-3 minutes maybe even sooner. The smell has grown on me and I actually enjoy it now. Really refreshing and gives me a nice awake feeling during my mornings where I would normally be really sluggish

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
another thing I would like to note, I write code in Microsoft SQL Server, I notice I have this clarity in my thinking at work. Especially in the morning. Its not like I am moving faster or anything like that, I can just connect the pieces together with much more ease. I dig it

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Hey guys just wanted to give a quick update. I have been extra busy the past couple of weeks, my wife and I are getting ready to sell our house, which means I am busy with various projects, so I haven't had much time to spend on the computer.

My 1 rep max on deadlifts at the start of this cycle was 265, on Saturday I got 5 easy reps at 265 which made me ecstatic! Also my wife has been making comments about how I am looking bigger. I have noticed a few t shirts are fitting a bit tighter than normal but nothing too major.

I have finished the majority of my work around the house so I should be able to devote more time to the rest of this log. I have been switching where I apply the dermacrine also. I hit the tops of my feet because I can cover it with socks and then the back of my legs/inner thighs because I would rather have pants on than a shirt on. Everything is going great during this cycle, so far strength gains have been impressive. Today I had my overhead press day and my shoulders were roasted by the time I left the gym.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome man!!!! So glad to see the positive feedback from you. Keep it up!

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Squatted yesterday. Workout was definitely intense! My gym is 2 story, the first floor is the locker room, pool sauna and steam room/basketball court and then the 2nd floor is the weight room. I could barely make it down the stairs yesterday. Today I am sore as hell, gonna get a workout in with my brother this afternoon though so I am really looking forward to having a training buddy for once. I dont mind being solo at the gym but every now and then its nice to have a person to compare strength to and have a spotter for bench day lol

Still rotating application spots of the derma. Also I have had almost no acne so far other than a bit that was flaring on my traps but that went away and hasnt returned so I dont think it was due to cycle.

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Today is day 31. Everything has been amazing so far, I am having 0 lethargy issues and my body is recomping in a nice way. My wife said I am in the best shape of my life. This morning I squatted, hack squatted, leg extensions superset goblet squats then hit a little upper chest to help my underdeveloped chest out a bit lol
Today's workout was by far the best workout of the whole cycle. I felt strong, the workout was intense as **** but I knew I could keep pushing through it. I did about 10 sets of 6 reps on the hack squat ranging from 90-290 pounds (pyramid sets) then hit squats at 205 for 5 sets of 6. Overall great day especially on hump day since the gym is a deadzone and I have pretty much free reign on all the equipment

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Forgot to mention, I started my AI yesterday (Arimidex) because all week my nipples were slightly itchy and then I noticed a small amount of puff occurring on both sides so better safe than sorry. Will dose .5mg EOD until estro sides dissipate, I will adjust the dosage as needed.