Ostarine and liver damage

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What's the consensus/opinions on how ostarine is affecting liver enzymes? I was under the impression that it was fairly mild on the liver and the only real concern was suppression, until I read some threads here where people got bloods done.

I've just started 15mg a day, planning on 12 weeks. Wasn't expecting much from it, just hoping to cut a bit then take some time off and then try bulking on lgd next year, eventually moving on to tbol, maybe dbol. Now I'm wondering if I should tweak my original plan a bit and either shorten to cycle to 6-8 weeks, alter the dosage, or - controversially maybe - take weekends off (read about people doing this with dbol, but mixed opinions on how sensible it was) to give the liver a break.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you have an average healthy liver you're gonna be fine. Ostarine is mild toxic at best and steroids are over exaggerated when it comes to Liver damage. People run anadrol a more toxic steroids for months, not only that but it's actually prescribed that way by doctors. Obviously in medication its to prevent something else like Muscle loss from a disease so it doesn't mean you should run it like that.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That's reassuring to read, thanks. I don't drink and I'm in good enough health, so no preconditions that would be cause for concern. I suppose I'm just paranoid about sarms since they're still fairly new.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's reassuring to read, thanks. I don't drink and I'm in good enough health, so no preconditions that would be cause for concern. I suppose I'm just paranoid about sarms since they're still fairly new.
Hey if you're paranoid don't take them. There's no point. You'll end up being worried on Cycle and think you're sick, besides aas will give you way more muscles.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yeah if you are going to suppress your natural testosterone check out vicious labs and get the real deal like their msten or DMZ. Like chados said, liver damage is greatly exaggerated. It constantly regenerates and can bounce back from just about anything very quickly.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'd have to do some research on msten and dmz. How do they compare to traditional orals? (Don't have experience with either, for the record, just curious).

In all likelihood I'll finish my run of ostarine, and see how i feel next year whether or not it's worth bothering with lgd or just skip to something more potent. I've got nolva and planning on just doing 20mg ED for 10 days for mini pct. That sound alright?

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
The liver can take a massive beating, and can bounce back from tons of damage within like a month

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12 weeks is a long time without testosterone...liver will be fine with 12 weeks of ostarine only, but you won’t feel too great. Having run Ostarine 4 times now I think I would recommend 8-10 weeks tops, and grab a bottle of Vicious Labs Dark Carnival Epiandrosterone to run a couple caps per day for the last 6 weeks of your cycle. It will function as DHT and help your energy and libido (and fatloss) noticeably. Vicious is having a Halloween sale right now with 15% off everything using code MACHETE.

If you would prefer a transdermal epiandro, Muscle Gelz Androhard is awesome and would last 10 weeks at 4 pumps doses twice per day, but a lot of people don’t wanna mess with creams. But it’s a terrific value for a cut.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Drinking is actually much worse for your liver than any AAS or SARM as far as PERMANENT damage goes. Liver enzymes elevate from even 1-DHEA.

The longer the liver inflammation lasts, the more likely to go into choleostasis, and develop chemical hepatitis. These conditions are temporary provided you had a healthy liver to start with. If left long enough the liver will fail. This can happen quickly, within only a few months.

Drinking, on the other hand, causes microscopic scars in the tissue wherever it touches. These are permanent. Do that long enough and your liver is covered in non functioning scar tissue. It does not matter how much you drink at a time. One drink is enough to cause scarring.

Oral AAS and SARMS are actually safer than drinking alcohol, provided you observe the usual cycle limits.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Transdermals are a bit off-putting for me due to cross contamination with the wife and kids. Will look into the caps, even if just to have on hand if lethargy kicks in. Would proviron also provide the same functionality?

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The longer the liver inflammation lasts, the more likely to go into choleostasis, and develop chemical hepatitis. These conditions are temporary provided you had a healthy liver to start with. If left long enough the liver will fail. This can happen quickly, within only a few months.
Presumably you'd be aware something was up through various symptoms long before you got to that stage, I assume?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You’re liver will heal after the cycle. Not damaging your cholesterol too much is more important but that too will recover after the cycle.

To answer your question, ostarine is a little more toxic to the liver then anavar. If we grouped it in with oral AAS on the basis of liver toxicity, I’d guess it’s somewhere around dbol, in other words, it’s in the middle of the pack with the pretty toxic ones. But it’s not as toxic as anadrol or haloestin. But like I said your liver will heal.

Overall though, ostarine has to be one of the most useless drugs out there. It’s extremely weak in terms of results but it is not mildly toxic like the people selling sarms claim. Use it at 25mg for 8 to 12 weeks and your bloodwork will look like you ran winstrol or some other oral AAS.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Transdermals are a bit off-putting for me due to cross contamination with the wife and kids. Will look into the caps, even if just to have on hand if lethargy kicks in. Would proviron also provide the same functionality?
Yes, very comparable for that role! So it comes down to cost. Right now the Dark Carnival will be under $55 shipped. If you can get Proviron cheaper go for that.

You’re liver will heal after the cycle. Not damaging your cholesterol too much is more important but that too will recover after the cycle.

To answer your question, ostarine is a little more toxic to the liver then anavar. If we grouped it in with oral AAS on the basis of liver toxicity, I’d guess it’s somewhere around dbol, in other words, it’s in the middle of the pack with the pretty toxic ones. But it’s not as toxic as anadrol or haloestin. But like I said your liver will heal.

Overall though, ostarine has to be one of the most useless drugs out there. It’s extremely weak in terms of results but it is not mildly toxic like the people selling sarms claim. Use it at 25mg for 8 to 12 weeks and your bloodwork will look like you ran winstrol or some other oral AAS.
You’re not really comparing Ostarine to Winstrol in terms of toxicity and lipid damage, are you?? Ostarine is mild AF. I wouldn’t be comparing the strain to something like dbol even.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You watch the anabolic doc? I trust his word over people on forums. He’s a doctor who’s been assisting bodybuilders and athletes for many years and has seen bloodwork from thousands of patients who’ve used every compound out there. He said ostarine messes up your lipids and liver enzymes two to three times worse than what you would expect to see from anavar. Now I know we like to call anavar extremely mild but it does mess up your liver and cholesterol. So if ostarine truly is three times as toxic as anavar then that leads me to believe it’s as toxic as some middle of the road orals like dbol. Comparing ostarine to winstrol was probably a stretch though. Winstrol destroys cholesterol in less than a week.

But I know my statement had some shock value to it and that is intentional. But I’m not pulling this out of my a$$. I’m also basing that statement on the bloodwork people have posted on this forum. People always get shocked out how messed up it is after using osta but that’s because we’ve been led to believe it’s super mild when in fact it isn’t. It’s especially hard on the liver.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I posted the link to the video on another thread. Ostarine and toxicity came up very recently. I’ll find the video and post it again.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You watch the anabolic doc? I trust his word over people on forums. He’s a doctor who’s been assisting bodybuilders and athletes for many years and has seen bloodwork from thousands of patients who’ve used every compound out there. He said ostarine messes up your lipids and liver enzymes two to three times worse than what you would expect to see from anavar. Now I know we like to call anavar extremely mild but it does mess up your liver and cholesterol. So if ostarine truly is three times as toxic as anavar then that leads me to believe it’s as toxic as some middle of the road orals like dbol. Comparing ostarine to winstrol was probably a stretch though. Winstrol destroys cholesterol in less than a week.

But I know my statement had some shock value to it and that is intentional. But I’m not pulling this out of my a$$. I’m also basing that statement on the bloodwork people have posted on this forum. People always get shocked out how messed up it is after using osta but that’s because we’ve been led to believe it’s super mild when in fact it isn’t. It’s especially hard on the liver.
I have seen his stuff, and I do not trust him. He has not explicitly seen thousands of blood results from Ostarine use. I would wager he hasn’t seen 10 of explicit ostarie use.

I can say with utter certainty that neither anavar nor ostarine pose a significant risk to my liver values. I used both at 40mg & 20mg/day, respectively, for 8 weeks in my last cycle. I was taking 40-60mg of OL DMZ even, and in conjunction with 500mg TUDCA and 1,200mg NAC daily my liver enzymes were substantially BETTER at last day of cycle than start, with all liver values in range.

Yes the liver support was responsible for this improvement, but the fact remains my liver was actually healthier than prior - surely this indicates how mild both anavar and ostarine are on the liver.

Btw, both of my bloods were posted publicly in the Clomid On Cycle thread.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Presumably you'd be aware something was up through various symptoms long before you got to that stage, I assume?
Definitely, you would be feeling sick, nauseated, liver enzymes would be super high, 10x upper reference limit, and pissing darker and darker, passing less and less water... More symptoms as well but those would be the first... Then you turn yellow. That's a good time to stop. After some time with NAC and tudca, glutathione and methionine, zero anabolics and a lot of water things will go back to normal.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you have an average healthy liver you're gonna be fine. Ostarine is mild toxic at best and steroids are over exaggerated when it comes to Liver damage. People run anadrol a more toxic steroids for months, not only that but it's actually prescribed that way by doctors. Obviously in medication its to prevent something else like Muscle loss from a disease so it doesn't mean you should run it like that.
I did...lol

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Yeah, I knew it was weak stuff but it was more just to dip my toe in the water more than anything because I was under the impression it was extremely mild. If it's harsher than anavar then it really does seem like a waste of time. Dbol is about as harsh as I'd care to go but I'd run it much shorter than I'm doing with the ostarine right now and obviously the benefits would be much greater.

How do you rate lgd? Is it as harsh/less/more than osta on lipids/liver? I know it's more suppressive, but maybe it's more worthwhile if its also more potent.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I knew it was weak stuff but it was more just to dip my toe in the water more than anything because I was under the impression it was extremely mild. If it's harsher than anavar then it really does seem like a waste of time. Dbol is about as harsh as I'd care to go but I'd run it much shorter than I'm doing with the ostarine right now and obviously the benefits would be much greater.

How do you rate lgd? Is it as harsh/less/more than osta on lipids/liver? I know it's more suppressive, but maybe it's more worthwhile if its also more potent.
Ostarine is harsher on the body than Anavar, and decidedly weaker in effect in every regard. If you can afford/obtain legit var, that will most certainly produce better results over the same length cycle (although you probably want at least 40mg minimum).

LGD from what I have heard trashes lipids. I am on day 2 of it right now for the first time in a bigger stack so I don’t have firsthand experience with it yet.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Ostarine is one of the more beneficial I'd say. The problem is that people use it as aas. Sarms just as steroids are there to prevent muscle waste from people with aids, cancer etc. Some sarms are on pair with Dhts for this reason. That would ultimately make them valuable for anyone who is trying to cut or during pct had it not been for the suppression which I personally believe is a little exaggerated short term. In the next 10 to 20 years you'll probably find a Sarm with no suppression, no liver damage that'll be implemented in every pct and used in medicin but I doubt they will surpass aas in terms of muscle mass. Lgd supposedly adds some size but that's about it.. Most of the sarms really just makes you more lean.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I and a female friend both used ostarine ftom OL UK. In 5 weeks time at 25mgs my enzimes were 7x above upper range. She took I think 15mg and her's were like 3.5 above upper range in two weeks time. I ordered from pred and she from jw...

Also my testosteronw was zero and LH stayed basically the same as pre cycle.

Look, my opinion; just don't use sarms. You never know what you will get for one and you will get shuttdown with minimal results. Use at least lgd if not stacking.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I and a female friend both used ostarine ftom OL UK. In 5 weeks time at 25mgs my enzimes were 7x above upper range. She took I think 15mg and her's were like 3.5 above upper range in two weeks time. I ordered from pred and she from jw...

Also my testosteronw was zero and LH stayed basically the same as pre cycle.

Look, my opinion; just don't use sarms. You never know what you will get for one and you will get shuttdown with minimal results. Use at least lgd if not stacking.
What was 7x the upper range? Your total billirubin? Your AST? Your ALT?

Max normal total billirubin is 1.2...jaundice sets in for most between 3.0 & 5.0. If you were actually 7 times higher than 1.2, you’d have cirrhosis and wouldn’t be on this forum.

I’m not trying to discount your experience; I just see glaring issues worth addressing - it doesn’t sound like anything typical for other people’s ostarine use.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What was 7x the upper range? Your total billirubin? Your AST? Your ALT?

Max normal total billirubin is 1.2...jaundice sets in for most between 3.0 & 5.0. If you were actually 7 times higher than 1.2, you’d have cirrhosis and wouldn’t be on this forum.

I’m not trying to discount your experience; I just see glaring issues worth addressing - it doesn’t sound like anything typical for other people’s ostarine use.
Sorry I thought it was obvious we were talking about enzymes. It was ALT and AST.

In the study, one of the bigger ones that were done on ostarine, some participants had to be removed from the study bc of elevated enzymes. That was at a dose of 3 mg. One subject even had ALT 4x out of range, again at 3mg's.

Ostarine is liver toxic, that's a fact. I'm surprised nobody reads up on this studies... But am not surprised that people don't know it raises liver enzymes bc most sarm users don't really do bloods on cycle. Also lot's of sarms are just faked.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
8 out of 115 participants had elevated enzymes, and one had 4.2x ALT. HDL dropped by 27% at 3mg dose: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3177038/

Again that's at a dose of 3mg. Would you think that at a 8x that dose a lot more would have had elevated enzymes? And if somebody had 4.2x at 3mg, then me having 7x at 25mg isn't really so far fetched. Not to mention my friend, she also had quite elevated enzymes.

It's been studied and proven: osta is liver toxic (for some more - for some less) and it impacts HDL.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
8 out of 115 participants had elevated enzymes, and one had 4.2x ALT. HDL dropped by 27% at 3mg dose: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3177038/

Again that's at a dose of 3mg. Would you think that at a 8x that dose a lot more would have had elevated enzymes? And if somebody had 4.2x at 3mg, then me having 7x at 25mg isn't really so far fetched. Not to mention my friend, she also had quite elevated enzymes.

It's been studied and proven: osta is liver toxic (for some more - for some less) and it impacts HDL.
So your ALT was 280? That would be colossal indeed.

Having elevated values on an oral compound isn’t necessarily cause for alarm. But 280 for 12 weeks would be to me lol

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So your ALT was 280? That would be colossal indeed.

Having elevated values on an oral compound isn’t necessarily cause for alarm. But 280 for 12 weeks would be to me lol
Different units, but yeah 7x out of range at week 5 of the cycle. FYI I didn't take any choleostatic compounds like udca or nac...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Different units, but yeah 7x out of range at week 5 of the cycle. FYI I didn't take any choleostatic compounds like udca or nac...
Even if not, that is an abysmal reaction. I would expect that from anadrol or something, but never osta.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Even if not, that is an abysmal reaction. I would expect that from anadrol or something, but never osta.
Yeah I don't get it either but hey.. I now also knows it's not a rumour but a fact that a lot of sarms doesn't have the right ingredients or the wrong amounts claimed on the bottle. There's also obviously a chance something else caused it.. I believe taking blood after a tough workout can put you at very crazy levels.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm using the same brand OL UK.

I won't be running a full 12 weeks I've decided. I'm going to run 15mg for 10 days (currently day 8), 20mg a day for 40 days, then 25mg for 10 days, which lets me finish the bottle while keeping the duration a bit shorter than originally intended.

10 days of 20mg nolva ED for PCT.

Might as well throw in something for cycle support to be on the safe side. Any recommendations?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A choleostatic agent and maybe cardarine for hdl.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm using the same brand OL UK.

I won't be running a full 12 weeks I've decided. I'm going to run 15mg for 10 days (currently day 8), 20mg a day for 40 days, then 25mg for 10 days, which lets me finish the bottle while keeping the duration a bit shorter than originally intended.

10 days of 20mg nolva ED for PCT.

Might as well throw in something for cycle support to be on the safe side. Any recommendations?
Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) at 900-1000mg/day if you’re only taking a single thing - it is a very powerful antioxidant.

If you’re willing to take 2 things, add N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) at 1,000mg/day as well is excellent liver support for the cost.

Can get em both cheap from Swanson, Amazon, Walmart.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm in the UK, but regardless I can still source those. I think I possibly already take ALA in my multi, I'll have to check the dosage. NAC better than TUDCA or just more appropriate in this instance?

I appreciate that they're cheap, by the way. Hadn't budgeted for them as I didn't think it was necessary for ostarine and I'm poor as ****.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm in the UK, but regardless I can still source those. I think I possibly already take ALA in my multi, I'll have to check the dosage. NAC better than TUDCA or just more appropriate in this instance?

I appreciate that they're cheap, by the way. Hadn't budgeted for them as I didn't think it was necessary for ostarine and I'm poor as ****.
NAC isn’t better than TUDCA by far, but that being said it is rather cheap and VERY effective at 1g per day. TUDCA will cost as much as your orals usually, and is way overkill here.

These supps can be taken all in one dose and at the same time btw. Ostarine, ALA, NAC - toss them down the hatch with first meal of the day and good to go.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Excellent. Thank you and God bless you.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just to be clear, what is overkill and what not will be determined with bloods. How liver toxic ostarine will be for you we don't know. Just go and check your liver enzymes 2 weeks in the cycle and decide for your self.

Always do bloods when doing orals to see how your liver reacts. Especially when you are dealing with something you haven't done before and when you can't trust the source...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just to be clear, what is overkill and what not will be determined with bloods. How liver toxic ostarine will be for you we don't know. Just go and check your liver enzymes 2 weeks in the cycle and decide for your self.

Always do bloods when doing orals to see how your liver reacts. Especially when you are dealing with something you haven't done before and when you can't trust the source...
Or he can just listen to his body and save the $80. If he starts to show signs of jaundice, itchy skin, yellowing of the whites of the eyes, very dark urine, significant lethargy and noticeable loss of appetite, he can discontinue - remember, the liver will completely heal itself in a timely fashion provided you remove the negative stimulus and don’t outright scar it.

Elevated enzymes don’t inherently mean damage. You should expect them to elevate on oral medication when the liver is working to process things. It’s higher when I take tamoxifen too, and every other person uses those for PCT after a cycle.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jaundoce yikes, I would hope to quit before that happens lol.

Tell me, with how much elevated enzymes would you be willing to continue the cycle?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Jaundoce yikes, I would hope to quit before that happens lol.

Tell me, with how much elevated enzymes would you be willing to continue the cycle?
Pretty damn high, having ran a lot of orals I can confidently say lack of appetite, lethargy, and blood pressure would stop me before I ever begin to jaundice.

My gastroenterologist has expressly told me that as long as you remove the stress at the start of jaundice and don’t just keep hammering you can reverse the levels entirely, and jaundice doesn’t set in til somewhere around 3-5.0 Total billirubin, so I pay more attention to that than enzymes. And you don’t get that high without displaying symptoms.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, enzymes fall down rapidly once you remove the stressor. But what was the damage done is another question. From talking with you thus far I see that you are quite liberal regarding oral aas use. I am a bit more careful and would say that a) it's better to be more careful then less, b) you never know how your body, organs will react to a compound and c) you never know how pure is the compound you are taking. Be careful, people read this forum posts as absolutes and act upon them accordingly...

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thats still crazy as even with 2 x M1-T cycles or Dbol my liver was pretty much untouched according to the test i had.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Osta greatly raised my liver values. There will be a couple sarm bros that will get their panties in a bunch over me saying it was very toxic and accuse me of lying or something but that is just how it affected me. I felt great on it though. Horny all the time and aggressive in bed and the gym lol. I’d just take some milk thistle or something on it and you should be fine. My liver bounced back within about a week or two.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Osta greatly raised my liver values. There will be a couple sarm bros that will get their panties in a bunch over me saying it was very toxic and accuse me of lying or something but that is just how it affected me. I felt great on it though. Horny all the time and aggressive in bed and the gym lol. I’d just take some milk thistle or something on it and you should be fine. My liver bounced back within about a week or two.
The problem to me is that I don't even see ostarine making a person horny.. Yes people react differently to hormones but I wouldn't expect a person to notice much at all.. Maybe a slight weight gain and leaning out a little. Placebo and nocebo are both real and will most likely occur to anyone taking something they believe can do certain things. I can almost guarantee it was spiked or not ostarine at all. There could also be a correlation between something else you put in your body. Ostarine will affect enzymes but all these (ostarine crashed my liver) threads just goes against science.

If a person reacts so strongly that they almost crash the liver they probably have a bad liver to begin with and that would mean taking something like anadrol that's btw been prescribed at 150mg for 16 weeks would kill you, anadrol at a standard bodybuilding dosage at 50mg that people run all the time on forums would kill you. Normal medicin for fever would kill you.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ostarine will affect enzymes but all these (ostarine crashed my liver) threads just goes against science.
Ostarine at 3mg affected liver values in one of the big studies done on it. One person even had to be removed from the study bc his ALT went 4.2x out of range. That's at a dose of 3mg.

So I think it's safe to say that saying Ostarine is hepatotoxic doesn't go against science ;) Actually science proved that it is liver toxic - albeit for a small percent of people. But again, that's at a 3mg dose. Imagine how would the results look at 25mg...!

What I don't understand is why is it so hard to understand or conceptualise this? Are some people here payed to negate all of this??

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ostarine at 3mg affected liver values in one of the big studies done on it. One person even had to be removed from the study bc his ALT went 4.2x out of range. That's at a dose of 3mg.

So I think it's safe to say that saying Ostarine is hepatotoxic doesn't go against science ;) Actually science proved that it is liver toxic - albeit for a small percent of people. But again, that's at a 3mg dose. Imagine how would the results look at 25mg...!

What I don't understand is why is it so hard to understand or conceptualise this? Are some people here payed to negate all of this??
But you're looking at (one) study and you look at (one) guy that failed the test not at all the others who didn't? Isn't it more resonable that person got bad values for another reason? Or maybe it was osta but his liver wasn't working normally. I've ran 25mg and had no problems. I've ran 10 from another brand and same thing.

If we both take something toxic to our liver one will fail before the other. We don't know which one but we know it's toxic. This doesn't mean ostarine is considered highly toxic or even alarming. Anything in medicin almost will affect values and many that we use daily far worse than aas or sarms

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Maybe I'm missing something here, but if it was just one person on the study that had dodgy liver values and everyone else was fine (I'm presuming, I don't know the study) couldn't that be due to anything, and maybe completely unrelated? Like, maybe that person was also an alcoholic or something?

Edit: Chados beat me to it. Also, on a side note regarding general effects (not liver related), I've not noticed anything from it yet, but I'm only ten days in. Only thing I might attribute to the ostarine is that usually I have mild joint and upper back ache from some workouts (deadlifts particularly) which doesn't seem to have happened since I started.

maximillia

maximillia

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If you can, run bloods at the end of your cycle and clear this confusion for yourself once and for all. I will research some bloodwork and get to the bottom of this. The one thing I am sure of, is that that Dylan Scamelli dude needs to be shut down ASAP. He spreads all manner of misinfo regarding sarms on that forum of his, and people eat it up because people like hearing what they want to hear, that Sarms are miracle drugs that do nothing to you. That's messed up.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you can, run bloods at the end of your cycle and clear this confusion for yourself once and for all. I will research some bloodwork and get to the bottom of this. The one thing I am sure of, is that that Dylan Scamelli dude needs to be shut down ASAP. He spreads all manner of misinfo regarding sarms on that forum of his, and people eat it up because people like hearing what they want to hear, that Sarms are miracle drugs that do nothing to you. That's messed up.
For sure he's talking a little too much good about them but honestly while being. While sceptical of the guy he's right on a lot of things. An example is that he promotes a company saying most other sarms are fake. I truly believed this was bull**** until a few weeks ago when I read a study about it. Not saying listen to the guy but it explains a lot about sarms causing problems for some people

maximillia

maximillia

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
For sure he's talking a little too much good about them but honestly while being. While sceptical of the guy he's right on a lot of things. An example is that he promotes a company saying most other sarms are fake. I truly believed this was bull**** until a few weeks ago when I read a study about it. Not saying listen to the guy but it explains a lot about sarms causing problems for some people
Yeah I have seen him promote that company with that claim and it might be right, yes, it's expensive and I guess that's the reason. Fake **** would definitely explain the diversity in people's experiences on these things, I wonder what they are putting in them.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No, it was not just one guy, where do you get that idea? Read my post again :)

I think app 10% had elevated, above the range, enzymes at 3mg dose. If it was just one offcourse that wouldn't mean anything. Again, that's 10% on a 3mg dose. We take 10x that dose, so it's really not surprising that people have elevated enzymes on ostarine. I'm not debating this anymore bc it's getting kinda silly at this point :)