Order of dc workouts

Mafesto31

Awards
Why is the workout order setup for example: biceps, forearms, calves, quads, hams. The way I remembered learning was to do squats first in the day due to the energy needed to get the most out of them. Is there any reason why they are saved for later in the routine?

bird901

Awards
I remember reading that they were last because they are the hardest. After u do ur squats ur gonna be ready to go. Dante had reasoning behind the exercise order. If u go over to intense muscle, u can find just about anything u would want to know about dc.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you look at that particular day, you notice the order of the workouts go from easy to hard, as well as from simple or single joint exercises to complex, compound exercises. What goes on is a few things, you're warming up your CNS as well as warming up the rest of your body. It really helps you ready up for the intensity required for the widowmaker.

On a personal note, I find the pre-exhaustion leg work actually helps me hit heavier weights, stronger. I don't know why, but it happens.

Mafesto31

Awards
Thanks ill give it a shot. I have always hit squats first and never thought of priming cns for exhaustion.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive been hitting my main lifts first, then the easy ones last...maybe i should flip it around....just started DC about three weeks ago.

Machmood

Awards
People always say the order is backwards but lets think about it logically. LEts face it biceps and forearms is an easy workout and will have ZERO effect on your leg workout. Not think about doing HEAVY squats, HEAVY widowmakers then SLDL heavy. . . ok now go do standing long bar curls. . . F THAT I cant even stand up after my DC leg workouts never mind do standing curls. It may seem weird at first but its really set up great. DC is a great program and you will see great results

bodyfort

Awards
Why is the workout order setup for example: biceps, forearms, calves, quads, hams. The way I remembered learning was to do squats first in the day due to the energy needed to get the most out of them. Is there any reason why they are saved for later in the routine?
I woulve say they are supporting muscles. if your supporting muscle is weakin, then how can you exercise the big muscles areas. Why dont you try experiment like exercise your bicep first before back and on some other time exercise your back before your bicep. Also, big muscles area are difficult to get to pump while the supporting muscles are getting worked out everyday.