Orals and Alcohol

M

Mlane33

Awards
Is it really that bad to sip on a couple of beers once a week while on orals? I am taking a pretty small dosage, btw

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is it really bad to possibly have part of your liver cut out? Knew someone that happened to true story.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It’s just not the best idea. Sure you might be able to get away with no problems at all. Save it for after the cycle.

S

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
DBol 30 mg for 4 weeks
You shouldn't be drinking any alcohol while on orals... having said that, if you're actually having only 2 beers per week the impact would likely be minimal. But I've seen people have different experiences when it comes to orals and liver issues. Some of it is probably genetics.

S

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Recommended…no
But… realistically you will be fine. I wouldn’t slam a bottle of Vodka or anything but a few shots or a few beers (not consistently) you will be fine assuming you are also running TUDCA and other appropriate supports. If you are not, stay away always.
That being said, if you “HAVE TO”, drink a beer and fill it up with water after or pretend to get a new one and don’t to keep up appearances

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I don't agree with drinking on cycle but it's not going to kill you if your being reasonable and only having a couple beers once a week. The liver toxicity of oral steroids is greatly exaggerated and the liver is the most resilient organ in the body.

It's still kinda stupid to be drinking while on gear or trying to make improvements to your physique. But a couple beers ain't going to kill you.

If you have ever been to a big bodybuilding show, 90% of the ppl that stick around for the after party are drinking and doing drugs. The drugs part is way more dangerous because it's a double whammy on your heart, recreational drugs and steroids.

Weed is not really a concern, I'm talking about cocaine and pills, heroin, acid, molly ect. You'd be surprised how many people mix and match those recreational drugs with steroids and end up with issues.

S

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't agree with drinking on cycle but it's not going to kill you if your being reasonable and only having a couple beers once a week. The liver toxicity of oral steroids is greatly exaggerated and the liver is the most resilient organ in the body.

It's still kinda stupid to be drinking while on gear or trying to make improvements to your physique. But a couple beers ain't going to kill you.

If you have ever been to a big bodybuilding show, 90% of the ppl that stick around for the after party are drinking and doing drugs. The drugs part is way more dangerous because it's a double whammy on your heart, recreational drugs and steroids.

Weed is not really a concern, I'm talking about cocaine and pills, heroin, acid, molly ect. You'd be surprised how many people mix and match those recreational drugs with steroids and end up with issues.
Not to mention dehydration from said drinking/drug use increases negative effects especially with blood flow/heart. heart works harder when you are poorly hydrated

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also, the idea that tudca or nac is going to provide you with a safety net to drink more is a complete fallacy. If your liver is damaged then those things will help. But there not a safeguard against drinking. I actually would avoid taking those things on the day that you drink and take them the day after. Sometimes there is a negative effect combining the liver supplements with alcohol. Off top of my head though I don't remember which ones are a bad combination

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Not to mention dehydration from said drinking/drug use increases negative effects especially with blood flow/heart. heart works harder when you are poorly hydrated
Ya. As long as he's truly limiting its to a couple of beers one day a week he's going to be fine. Pretty sure Ronnie Coleman said he drank a couple beers every Saturday for his entire career lol

S

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also, the idea that tudca or nac is going to provide you with a safety net to drink more is a complete fallacy. If your liver is damaged then those things will help. But there not a safeguard against drinking. I actually would avoid taking those things on the day that you drink and take them the day after. Sometimes there is a negative effect combining the liver supplements with alcohol. Off top of my head though I don't remember which ones are a bad combination
Milk thistle is the one that when taken before increases liver issues. TUDCA can be used whenever.

S

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ya. As long as he's truly limiting its to a couple of beers one day a week he's going to be fine. Pretty sure Ronnie Coleman said he drank a couple beers every Saturday for his entire career lol
Ronnie also said or at least claimed to never get any side effects at all from anything he took if I remember correctly. Dude is a genetic freak even from that viewpoint

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Kevin levrone use to always take guys out for shots and Dorian Yates use to drink a couple glasses of white wine before he would go out on stage and pose.

I'm not saying any of these things are a good idea I'm just drawing attention to things people did

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ronnie also said or at least claimed to never get any side effects at all from anything he took if I remember correctly. Dude is a genetic freak even from that viewpoint
You don't have to take everything so literal, I'm not saying that because Ronnie Coleman did it everyone else is going to be safe I'm just drawing attention to things that people did, but you are correct Ronnie was notorious for having no side effects for anything. Everyone sees the beat up version of Ronnie Coleman now but that's all injury related, as far as we know he suffered no actual health problems and seems to be in tip top shape health wise outside of injuries.

I don't like getting too deep into these topics, I don't want ppl to think I'm saying it's healthy to do anything.

Drugs and alcohol are dangerous, point blank. I'd argue that regular drinking is actually more dangerous then steroids.

If you guzzle a handle of vodka you die, if you inject a whole bottle of test you would be fine outside of the giant lump it would leave in your ass lol

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Tudca near alcohol use is dangerous for the liver.

SHORT VERSION:

"TUDCA should not be taken before drinking alcohol as the combination of alcohol and TUDCA may be more damaging to the liver than alcohol alone. It is perfectly fine to take TUDCA the next day after drinking, but it should be skipped on any day you'll be consuming alcohol."

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

SHORT VERSION:

"TUDCA should not be taken before drinking alcohol as the combination of alcohol and TUDCA may be more damaging to the liver than alcohol alone. It is perfectly fine to take TUDCA the next day after drinking, but it should be skipped on any day you'll be consuming alcohol."
I agree..
yes sir

S

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

SHORT VERSION:

Meh. It’s one study. And honestly Kinda a poor one. I certainly wouldn’t label it as dangerous especially considering we are not talking about an everyday thing. But to each his own

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Meh. It’s one study. And honestly Kinda a poor one. I certainly wouldn’t label it as dangerous especially considering we are not talking about an everyday thing. But to each his own
We 100% Disagree on this.
I'm totally sold on this as preventing dangerous interaction.
.... But you don't have to agree.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Il tell you what, years ago on this forum I would tell ppl that I don't take any added liver support on cycle. I take NAC pretty much year round. But after a cycle I would add some tudca if bloodwork looks bad or if I felt like it was necessary. Everyone use to give me **** for it. I've done bloods with and without liver support on various cycles and the outcome was always the same weather I took it or not. I've always felt liver support on cycle is kinda a waste and if something has that much of a negative effect on my liver I'm just not taking it to begin with.

I still take NAC pretty much all the time and I occasionally use tudca. But they both have a ton of benefits outside the liver as well

M

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Any physique enhancing goals will be mitigated with alcohol, even a couple beers...sorry I tried so many times in my early 20s. Every time I I completely stopped alcohol I hit my goals now full transparency this did lead to rec drug use because with those i was able to get that "release" without the calories, dehydration, and was able to still train everyday because I wasn't hungover

S

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Any physique enhancing goals will be mitigated with alcohol, even a couple beers...sorry I tried so many times in my early 20s. Every time I I completely stopped alcohol I hit my goals now full transparency this did lead to rec drug use because with those i was able to get that "release" without the calories, dehydration, and was able to still train everyday because I wasn't hungover
If it's a couple of beers per week like OP said then it's not going to have a noticeable affect on your gains. I've had a couple beers or glasses of wine and per week didn't notice a difference. But you mentioned hangovers so I'm assuming you're not referring to 2 beers a week.

M

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If it's a couple of beers per week like OP said then it's not going to have a noticeable affect on your gains. I've had a couple beers or glasses of wine and per week didn't notice a difference. But you mentioned hangovers so I'm assuming you're not referring to 2 beers a week.
Tbh I'm kind of a pu$$y when it comes to hangovers. If I have like 2 or 3 beers the next morning I'll have a headache abd dry mouth. And it just ruins everything but if OP can seriously have only 2 beers than I'm sure that isn't bad however is it really only ever 2 beers like really?

J

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally wouldn't worry about it. Lol people drink a fifth a day or more for years usually before they are in trouble. Guys on here have run tons of orals. lol I doubt 30mgs plus two or three beers a week has some kind of magic synergy to be the nail in the coffin. If your not a pro bodybuilder enjoy life. It's all about moderation imo. If I have chicken wings I always have a few brews with it. Wouldn't matter if I was on m1t or superdrol. Come to think of it I haven't had wings for a few months so I'll probably get some today and a few brews. I'm currently recovering from knee surgery and alcohol is suppose to delay recovery. Ha But once. Again I doubt the couple of beers I have today will make much diffrence in the 6 months it's suppose to two to recover from this surgery. Lol

X

Xhile

Awards
If
Is it really that bad to sip on a couple of beers once a week while on orals? I am taking a pretty small dosage, btw
You're drinking you aren't dedicated enough to be on aas
Pick one, do you want to look good and feel good sober or do you want to feel good drunk for the night

U

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have done it and nothing bad happened. But I would not recommend it. There are a lot of good non-alcoholic beers these days, that’s what I’m into right now with my current cycle when I want a drink or want to blend in socially. Heineken 0.0, it’s delicious and selling out in the stores more and more these days.

S

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

SHORT VERSION:

That's very interesting. What about when using orals? Any thoughts on if that combo could actually be worse on the liver? Should TUDCA be taken on cycle or possibly saved for pre and post cycle instead?

S

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The sooner you stop alcohol altogether the better. On cycle or off. Zero health benefits of any kind, only negatives.

I think most of us realize this. But we're also on PHs and AAS.... so I don't think we're all thinking in terms of any health benefits to what we do... more of being able to do what we enjoy and just figuring out how to limit the negative sides as much as possible. Drinking, like AAS, has a risk/reward profile to it that needs to be balanced carefully by each person differently.

Like everything... proper moderation.

S

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That's very interesting. What about when using orals? Any thoughts on if that combo could actually be worse on the liver? Should TUDCA be taken on cycle or possibly saved for pre and post cycle instead?
The study is embarrassing honestly. To put it into perspective, hitting .08 (the limit for driving in America) you are at 17mM of ethanol. This study used 100mM and 200mM of alcohol. While it might possibly correlate, the only thing the study tells you is when drinking yourself to death, you can only recover and not prevent. Also study was done in vitro with direct exposure to ethanol level.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The study is embarrassing honestly. To put it into perspective, hitting .08 (the limit for driving in America) you are at 17mM of ethanol. This study used 100mM and 200mM of alcohol. While it might possibly correlate, the only thing the study tells you is when drinking yourself to death, you can only recover and not prevent. Also study was done in vitro with direct exposure to ethanol level.
Vs the study you posted, which shows that TUDCA concurrent with alcohol use is protective, right??

What is embarrassing is how hard you're trying to make the use of these together seem good, even though you have ZERO evidence to show that to be true.

Just go use the two together, man. Knock yourself out.
Literally.
This is for people that actually care.

S

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Vs the study you posted, which shows that TUDCA concurrent with alcohol use is protective, right??

What is embarrassing is how hard you're trying to make the use of these together seem good, even though you have ZERO evidence to show that to be true.

Just go use the two together, man. Knock yourself out.
Literally.
This is for people that actually care.
Actually the study you posted also says concurrently using TUDCA with a massive amount of in vitro alcohol also worked. Lmao 😂 at least get your story straight and not the first poorly done study you pull out of google that has zero real world info in this case.
I also care which is why I said it’s not recommended to drink but you will be fine unless you’re downing a lot of alcohol.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Actually the study you posted also says concurrently using TUDCA with a massive amount of in vitro alcohol also worked. Lmao 😂 at least get your story straight and not the first poorly done study you pull out of google that has zero real world info in this case.
I also care which is why I said it’s not recommended to drink but you will be fine unless you’re downing a lot of alcohol.
Yes it does .... With Context. Which you didn't mention.
If you did care, surely you would've mentioned that.
You get YOUR story straight.
But you worded it that way on purpose.

Honestly .... The way you're approaching it only shows an interest in discrediting the study, and No interest in the truth

S

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes it does .... With Context. Which you didn't mention.
If you did care, surely you would've mentioned that.
You get YOUR story straight.
But you worded it that way on purpose.

Honestly .... The way you're approaching it only shows an interest in discrediting the study, and No interest in the truth
Lmao 😂

Q

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't be the only one here that when they were young boozed it up on oral.
Fook I'm not proud of it but I can remember drinking all day on the beach on the fourth.
I'm talking shots and all day drinking beer. For years.
My liver is fine.
No tudca lol

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I remember taking orals and drinking about 10 years ago and I got jaundice in my liver Hows that for an oldy but goody.
I couldn’t drink or do orals for about six months. Take that in consideration bro

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everyone is different and you only get one liver basically so do what you want brother

T

Themntgoathunter

Awards
I wound definitely not drink any alcohol at all zero while taking any oral the risk to your liver and possibly kidneys is far to great save the boost for a min of 2 weeks after any oral. Like a few have stated vape some weed,weed concentrates instead if you must get a buzz. Heck one of my favorite things to do is drink a large like 22 oz coffee with silk almond milk and take a few rips then do my hr of cardio or lift. Or both lol. If your going to vape while cutting stick to a good sativa with little to no cbd or you going to want to eat the fridge

S

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah I remember taking orals and drinking about 10 years ago and I got jaundice in my liver Hows that for an oldy but goody.
I couldn’t drink or do orals for about six months. Take that in consideration bro
Everybody is different but everything has to be put into perspective. If you're running 1 oral compound and having 2 beers per week that's going to be safer than stacking a bunch of orals. I remember Medfit Rx used to make these products that stacked like 5 methylated compounds together. Putting that kind of stress on the liver is a lot different than running 1 oral that's a lot less liver toxic.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SatishOG Anabolics 0
AntM1564 Anabolics 4
50Magnum Anabolics 5
D Anabolics 14
D Anabolics 9