Oral TRT? 150mg Test & Finasteride combo

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I’ve been on Finasteride (propecia)for about 10 years along with Minoxidil (rogaine). The other day I got an email from the doctor with other products he offers. He is offering 150mg test with the 1mg of Finasteride. I’m not exactly ready for TRT. But I haven’t heard of anyone doing oral TRT for life. I could be way off.

IMG_9527.JPG

What are your thoughts?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What form is the testosterone? Methyl test? Test undec? Straight test? There are/have been quite a few types of oral test available over the years, and the specific type would help decide if your particular one sux, or really sux.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I’ve been on Finasteride (propecia)for about 10 years along with Minoxidil (rogaine). The other day I got an email from the doctor with other products he offers. He is offering 150mg test with the 1mg of Finasteride. I’m not exactly ready for TRT. But I haven’t heard of anyone doing oral TRT for life. I could be way off.

View attachment 197882

What are your thoughts?
You're in the USA?

I just find it odd that a real Dr. would send someone an email saying, "Hey, I can give you Testosterone too, if you want".

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're in the USA?

I just find it odd that a real Dr. would send someone an email saying, "Hey, I can give you Testosterone too, if you want".
Yes I’m in USA. Maybe because I’ve been a patient for so long?

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What form is the testosterone? Methyl test? Test undec? Straight test? There are/have been quite a few types of oral test available over the years, and the specific type would help decide if your particular one sux, or really sux.
I’ll give them a call and find out. I didn’t want to call if I didn’t have to because they will probably bug me about it for the next 5 years when I renew my prescription

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ll give them a call and find out. I didn’t want to call if I didn’t have to because they will probably bug me about it for the next 5 years when I renew my prescription
Like @Nac said.... Oral Test either sux or Really sux.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oral test is garbage. He’s trying to get your money and thinks you’re fool enough to believe him.

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I found out it’s Sublingual test. Does that have better results than oral? Or is it also trash?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
sublingual leads me to believe its probably homeopathic.. which is of 0 use to you.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This makes no sense. We will give you TEST which will raise your DHT levels with the pill to lower your DHT levels

Scam

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
testosterone also has conversion to estrogen...dht is a natural defense against estrogen and you are taking 2 different drugs to lower dht?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
This is true. There is a reason AAS are injected and not taken orally. Steroids are not orally bioavailable because the liver and GI tract are so efficient in breaking them down. That's why they'll sometimes add an ester to them (which sort of works) or in the extreme case, use methylation to make it bypass the liver, but that turns it into a completely different type of drug and is potentially liver toxic.

So I found out it’s Sublingual test. Does that have better results than oral? Or is it also trash?
Sublingual is a legitimate delivery system, but you would not be getting the full 150mg of test a day as sublingual absorption, like transdermal (or topical absorption) loses some in it's delivery system. So, if you were injecting 150mg of testosterone a day you would be getting that full 150mg. If you take it sublingually (I'm not aware there is a prescription sublingual testosterone on the market, so I would ask him for the brand name of it or if he's getting it from a compounding pharmacy) you might get 50mg or 25mg of testosterone in the blood stream. Without knowing the brand name and the clinical pharmacology on it, those are just guesses of what you might get. In any case it would vary daily.

sublingual leads me to believe its probably homeopathic.. which is of 0 use to you.
Probably not if it's from a doctor. But if it is a homeopathic formula, yes, it would be completely worthless.

This makes no sense. We will give you TEST which will raise your DHT levels with the pill to lower your DHT levels

Scam
This is actually a pretty common combination. Lots of people on TRT take finasteride to help prevent hair loss or problems with their prostate. Since Proscar/Propecia (finasteride) is only a type 2 alpha reductese inhibitor, you're still getting some DHT in your system, just less than you would without it. Unlike something like dutasteride for example which completely inhibits DHT conversion.

All in all I would say this is probably not an ideal solution to use and sounds more like a gimmick. Is this your primary care physician? If so, I would ask for a blood test to check your testosterone levels and ask to be placed on a TRT regiment where you're getting weekly injections of testosterone or those pellets they place under your skin that slowly release testosterone if you're afraid of needles.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is actually a pretty common combination. Lots of people on TRT take finasteride to help prevent hair loss or problems with their prostate. Since Proscar/Propecia (finasteride) is only a type 2 alpha reductese inhibitor, you're still getting some DHT in your system, just less than you would without it. Unlike something like dutasteride for example which completely inhibits DHT conversion.
I get it Ive taken finasteride for 20+ years. but your talking about a TRT perspective vs a hair loss perspective. If your a hairloss patient concerned about libido etc.. you just take less finasteride. Not the same amount with TEST. Whole thing is absurd

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I get it Ive taken finasteride for 20+ years. but your talking about a TRT perspective vs a hair loss perspective. If your a hairloss patient concerned about libido etc.. you just take less finasteride. Not the same amount with TEST. Whole thing is absurd
I'm not quite sure I follow you.