Oral steroids and PH’s 5 days on 2 days off

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know a lot of guys talking about maintaining levels of a compound, without peaks or valleys so to speak.
That’s why guys usually pin on the same day each week.
I also know that we only grow when we are resting/sleeping preferably.

This is purely hypothetical:
But the real question is what if I took orals only on days I workout? Then on rest day or 2 rest days a week I don’t take any orals. Could end up saving enough pills in the bottle for another week of blasting.

Was also thinking I could add mk677 taken every day (including rest days) for recovery.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you’re on test that could work but if you’re not, then you will just shut yourself down with less gains.
Can you explain a little more please?

Because some orals have very short half lives and therefore you would already be peaking (2hrs after ingesting) and slowly declining. So aren’t we already experiencing some blasts in some low points.
Unless of course you wake up during the night and take another pill.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you’re on test that could work but if you’re not, then you will just shut yourself down with less gains.
Also what about taking transdermal trest as a substitute for test??

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Can you explain a little more please?

Because some orals have very short half lives and therefore you would already be peaking (2hrs after ingesting) and slowly declining. So aren’t we already experiencing some blasts in some low points.
Unless of course you wake up during the night and take another pill.
For example, you can use fast acting orals pre workout to get a extra boost.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
most orals have very short half lives so you you really would not be getting the benfits dosing like this. You mentioned the peaks and valleys as well and those alone would have you swinging moods and feels (and likely sides) like a rabid monkey. The biggest actor though is most AAS needs some time in the system to perform optimally and by starting and stopping like this you would only maybe get a few days here and there of optimal effects, making it a huge waste for the gains but still as nasty on the sides and organ stress.

in short, outside of VERY select compounds, it wont work well.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@DemntedCowboy

Last edited:

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
most orals have very short half lives so you you really would not be getting the benfits dosing like this. You mentioned the peaks and valleys as well and those alone would have you swinging moods and feels (and likely sides) like a rabid monkey. The biggest actor though is most AAS needs some time in the system to perform optimally and by starting and stopping like this you would only maybe get a few days here and there of optimal effects, making it a huge waste for the gains but still as nasty on the sides and organ stress.

They makes a lot of sense! I appreciate the advice man.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@DemntedCowboy
@Jinsun
@CroLifter
@Renew1
@Alchemist11
@swimfan65,

@ValiantThor08

Last edited:
mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Look up pulsing if I remember correctly this was done quitrfrequently back in the day especially. With I've epistane

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

@saderboy80 , I agree with this. ^^^

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I dont see the point of 5 on 2 off with orals, it's not even pulsing which isxa sub par way of using tho it does work to a degree, but as far as mk677 goes, you dont want to take it every day, it will work better with a 5 on 2 off

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@DemntedCowboy
@Jinsun
@CroLifter
@Renew1
@Alchemist11
@swimfan65,

@ValiantThor08
Well, i wouldnt do it, especially if it is an oral only cycle.

If there is a test base in then mix and you wanna use only on preworkout days preworkout only (meaning just as a pre workout kicker and not throughout the day) then that is totally fine and i see no problem doing that for like 8 weeks (because you are only taking it like 4 days a week and you are taking half the dose you wold normally take daily).

If you want to use it traditionally, then i suggest:

A) if it is a longer (8+ week) cycle take it towards the end, its always best to pyramid up, so that you are taking the highest dose towards the end of the cycle

B) if it is a short cycle (~4 weeks) then just take it throughout

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well, i wouldnt do it, especially if it is an oral only cycle.

If there is a test base in then mix and you wanna use only on preworkout days preworkout only (meaning just as a pre workout kicker and not throughout the day) then that is totally fine and i see no problem doing that for like 8 weeks (because you are only taking it like 4 days a week and you are taking half the dose you wold normally take daily).

If you want to use it traditionally, then i suggest:

A) if it is a longer (8+ week) cycle take it towards the end, its always best to pyramid up, so that you are taking the highest dose towards the end of the cycle

B) if it is a short cycle (~4 weeks) then just take it throughout
When I use orals pre workout only, obviously I'd be on test but I do them only on days where I'm attempting a heavy bench,squat or deadlift. Or going for a extreme pump. So usually 3x week tops but at 1.5-2x the dose I would take if using daily. There pretty much no direct muscle growth that way, just a quick boost from a androgen overload

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When I use orals pre workout only, obviously I'd be on test but I do them only on days where I'm attempting a heavy bench,squat or deadlift. Or going for a extreme pump. So usually 3x week tops but at 1.5-2x the dose I would take if using daily. There pretty much no direct muscle growth that way, just a quick boost from a androgen overload
If there was masteron no ester available, that would be a killer preworkout...the aggression is amazing on it, way better than just test.

Rockslide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
People get some androgenic effects ( increased in strength) with acute administration of short acting compounds. The nature of how steroid molecules work (changing transcription and protein synthesis) in the cells takes time however and I suspect that anabolic effects would require continuous compounds on the receptors.

so... pulsing might provide acute performance benefits (depending on compound) but would likely be much less anabolic as far as helping maintain during a cut or add muscle during a bulk. I also suspect you would experience a relatively similar degree of shutdown with a 5 on / 2 off protocol.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is all great information, thanks guys.

My theory is that you are already “pulsing” it you take an oral steroid once a day. To have a constant level in y tour bloodstream you would have to take a dose every few hours or even wake up in the middle of the night. Just to keep stable blood levels.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is all great information, thanks guys.

My theory is that you are already “pulsing” it you take an oral steroid once a day. To have a constant level in y tour bloodstream you would have to take a dose every few hours or even wake up in the middle of the night. Just to keep stable blood levels.
Not really, if a steroid has a 6-8 hour half life, and you take 50mg, 8 hours later there's still 25mg at the 24hr mark there would be a tiny bit left. Pulsing you have days during the week with zero hormone in your system. Eod dosing or 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off ect. 5 on 2 0ff your shutting yourself down or starting to over 5 days day 6 it clears, day 7 your body is trying to compensate and before you really get a chance to boom you start your 5 days again. I think you would be better off taking a bigger dose pre workout eod. For athletic performance guys do that with winny and dbol and anadrol. But usually there on something else with it. Doing it this way improves your performance without really putting on size. Good for athletes

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I doubt I’ll ever try it. It was just a persistent thought I had and hoped the knowledgeable guys on he could clear things up.

Some good information, so thanks guys.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I doubt I’ll ever try it. It was just a persistent thought I had and hoped the knowledgeable guys on he could clear things up.

Some good information, so thanks guys.
I'm not against ppl experimenting with stuff, I'm actually for it. But the 5 on 2 off just seems like a bad idea to me

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got any good ideas to experiment on? I’ll be the guinea pig.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Got any good ideas to experiment on? I’ll be the guinea pig.
Most of my crazish ideas involve injecting. But for oral only at some point if I was to get sick of pinning and take a break from it. I want to try dbol, winstrol or proviron, rad 140. I think it would cover all the bases to maintain sex drive, well being and muscle growth without using injectable testosterone. Very low dbol, like 10-15mg per day, winstrol or proviron at 50 and rad at 20.
8 weeks. I would also think I wouldn't need a ai with that mix. Still learning more about gh and igf1 but il probably play with those on trt when the money is right. Then once I understand them put them in a real cycle. Just ideas I have. Not suggesting any1 does them

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Has anyone tried the s23 oil yet? I remember it coming out with the lgd but never heard anyone comment about it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Nope, I've heard its tren like for gains and a bad attitude. But it looks like it should be injected 1-2x per day. No thanks
Injectable rad any1? Just seen that the other day. Only found that kid Russo on youtube that ran it. No logs anywhere

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most of my crazish ideas involve injecting. But for oral only at some point if I was to get sick of pinning and take a break from it. I want to try dbol, winstrol or proviron, rad 140. I think it would cover all the bases to maintain sex drive, well being and muscle growth without using injectable testosterone. Very low dbol, like 10-15mg per day, winstrol or proviron at 50 and rad at 20.
8 weeks. I would also think I wouldn't need a ai with that mix. Still learning more about gh and igf1 but il probably play with those on trt when the money is right. Then once I understand them put them in a real cycle. Just ideas I have. Not suggesting any1 does them
I’m not against injecting, have pinned test for 2 cycles. But never tried to pin anything else.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Has anyone tried the s23 oil yet? I remember it coming out with the lgd but never heard anyone comment about it.
If you wanna test out a injectable sarm I suggest getting your feet wet with Lgd, it can be pinned eod and 15-20mg eod was way better then the oral at 20mg daily, it almost acted like a different compound alltogether. It made my muscles very round looking, especially delts and traps. Il definitely use it again in the future. Its probably the fastest changes in look and muscle shape I've ever had. Within a month it was very noticeable

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you wanna test out a injectable sarm I suggest getting your feet wet with Lgd, it can be pinned eod and 15-20mg eod was way better then the oral at 20mg daily, it almost acted like a different compound alltogether. It made my muscles very round looking, especially delts and traps. Il definitely use it again in the future. Its probably the fastest changes in look and muscle shape I've ever had. Within a month it was very noticeable
How long were you on LGD and how many mg?

Looking to build my cycle in another thread. So LGD might make the list.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How long were you on LGD and how many mg?

Looking to build my cycle in another thread. So LGD might make the list.
4 or 5 weeks, I think I started at 15mg eod and moved up to 15 daily, vant really remember. I logged it on here somewhere. It was back in December/January and I think it was just called injectable lgd cycle. Was also on testosterone at the time but had been on it for a while, only thing I added was the lgd. Ever since the lockdown bullshyt my memory is not the strongest. Half the time I dont remember what day it is any more lol. Everything just runs into eachother

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
4 or 5 weeks, I think I started at 15mg eod and moved up to 15 daily, vant really remember. I logged it on here somewhere. It was back in December/January and I think it was just called injectable lgd cycle. Was also on testosterone at the time but had been on it for a while, only thing I added was the lgd. Ever since the lockdown bullshyt my memory is not the strongest. Half the time I dont remember what day it is any more lol. Everything just runs into eachother
Everything in the world is so messed up!! The only thing I’m actually sure of lately is that I want the gains!

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
In the early 2000s, there was a nasal spray hormone or prohormone called Rage. For pre-workout. I recall it being a short-term energy/aggression boost.

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Found it. Avant Labs IN-Rage.
That was essentially a short-duration, pre-workout, prohormone.
The talk about "pulsing" brought that one to mind.