Opinions - mild recomp ph cycle

kotc_83

Awards
I'm 38, 6'1, 205 lbs ~20% bf and looking to start a 6-8 week mild recomp cycle. I have heard good things about Ultra Hard (I used SA last year and enjoyed it) - I like the combo of epi and androsterone based on what I've read.

My biggest concerns are 1) blood pressure and 2) prostate enlargement (I pee way too much at night as it is). I know anything that converts to DHT can impact those, but I also read that UH is relatively mild.

Given those, do you think UH should be okay as long as I have cycle support on hand? Or would you recommend something else instead? Would going the 1-Andro route be easier on my bp and prostate (though it may cause more shutdown, which isn't a big concern for me)? Any difference for oral vs. topical?

I have nolva on hand and SA for PCT. I plan on running SR9011 weeks 2-8 (ran it last year and it really helped keep my appetite in check).

I have done 2 cycles of 1-AD but that was when I was young and stupid...worked great and only side effect I noticed was minor nose bleeds (blood pressure) which hawthorn berry helped with.

I appreciate your opinions.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's very mild. I would not be concerned with high bp sides

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
With epiandro there's a possibility for increase in bp, but most of the times it's not a problem for majority of users. Do you have a bp meter? How is your bp now?

The relation between DHT and prostate enlargement is not so clear cut as it was thought to be at some point. There are studies that implicate no relation and in some studies oestrogen have been offered to have more of an effect. But I don't know much about this topic.

With epiandro there are different benefits for oral and td use. Oral 'hits' harder and the effect can be noticed in 30 minutes or so. A nice pwo when taking anywhere from 300 mg to 1 g. I personally have never went over 600 mg in one dose and can't recommend going over that, but I know people who enjoy 900 mg preWO. TD will obviously offer more sustained release through out the day. I personally like the combination of both. TD in the morning and oral preWO. I'm actually going to be using Ultra Hard + CEL Stanoplex in my next PH run.

But most importantly, I wouldn't go for a recomp with 20% bf. I'd thrive to just cut fat while trying to maintain muscle. Also epiandro (or UH) will most likely not be strong enough to enable a successful recomp. If looking to stay in 'mild' non methylated products I don't think anything less than 1-Andro would cut it. And in general, recomp is not a very effective way of progress. It's two opposite actions on your body you're trying to achieve simultaneously. I'll make a claim, that the vast majority of people would get better results, when doing 4 months of (lean) bulk + 2 months of cutting compared to doing 6 months of recomping, for example. I understand the temptation though. Losing fat while building muscle would be awesome. But I think you'd be just holding yourself back and with 20% bf you have some lbs to lose. To get to 15% for example, you'd have to lose 10 lbs (of fat, not weight loss) while not losing any lean mass. That already is a good goal for 8 weeks and would be a great result. If you're eating enough to build some muscle in the process, you're not losing 10 lbs of fat in 8 weeks.

Just my .02$

Last edited:
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
With epiandro there's a possibility for increase in bp, but most of the times it's not a problem for majority of users. Do you have a bp meter? How is your bp now?

The relation between DHT and prostate enlargement is not so clear cut as it was thought to be at some point. There are studies that implicate no relation and in some studies oestrogen have been offered to have more of an effect. But I don't know much about this topic.

With epiandro there are different benefits for oral and td use. Oral 'hits' harder and the effect can be noticed in 30 minutes or so. A nice pwo when taking anywhere from 300 mg to 1 g. I personally have never went over 600 mg in one dose and can't recommend going over that, but I know people who enjoy 900 mg preWO. TD will obviously offer more sustained release through out the day. I personally like the combination of both. TD in the morning and oral preWO. I'm actually going to be using Ultra Hard + CEL Stanoplex in my next PH run.

But most importantly, I wouldn't go for a recomp with 20% bf. I'd thrive to just cut fat while trying to maintain muscle. Also epiandro (or UH) will most likely not be strong enough to enable a successful recomp. If looking to stay in 'mild' non methylated products I don't think anything less than 1-Andro would cut it. And in general, recomp is not a very effective way of progress. It's two opposite actions on your body you're trying to achieve simultaneously. I'll make a claim, that the vast majority of people would get better results, when doing 4 moths of (lean) bulk + 2 months of cutting compared to doing 6 months of recomping, for example. I understand the temptation though. Losing fat while building muscle would be awesome. But I think you'd be just holding yourself back and with 20% bf you have some lbs to lose. To get to 15% for example, you'd have to lose 10 lbs (of fat, not weight loss) while not losing any lean mass. That already is a good goal for 8 weeks and would be a great result. If you're eating enough to build some muscle in the process, you're not losing 10 lbs of fat in 8 weeks.

Just my .02$
I agree. Just in my experience only certain compounds (tren being the main one) does a true recomp really occur effectively. But one does not ‘just run tren’, it’s a serious compound one does not take likely,

At 20% bf you should definitely focus on a cut imo. Gain a better base for a lean bulk in the future

kotc_83

Awards
I agree. Just in my experience only certain compounds (tren being the main one) does a true recomp really occur effectively. But one does not ‘just run tren’, it’s a serious compound one does not take likely,

At 20% bf you should definitely focus on a cut imo. Gain a better base for a lean bulk in the future
Thanks KevanH and Whisky, you gave me a lot to think about.

My blood pressure consistently runs on the higher side of normal (128/89 or so). It it isn’t something my doctor is too concerned with - I just don’t want it going out of control.

Based on your comments I think what I’m really looking at is a cut to clean myself up. I like the idea of an andro for the added motivation (though I know that shouldn’t be the reason).

It makes me lean towards Alpha Seven/androsterone for the thermogenic and feel good effects while in a calorie deficit. Plus SR9011 which I mentioned has helped me limit appetite and boost endurance.

Does that make sense or would it be better to save the A7 for later on?

Thanks.

kotc_83

Awards

My blood pressure consistently runs on the higher side of normal (128/89 or so). It it isn’t something my doctor is too concerned with - I just don’t want it going out of control.

Based on your comments I think what I’m really looking at is a cut to clean myself up. I like the idea of an andro for the added motivation (though I know that shouldn’t be the reason).

It makes me lean towards Alpha Seven/androsterone for the thermogenic and feel good effects while in a calorie deficit. Plus SR9011 which I mentioned has helped me limit appetite and boost endurance.

Thanks.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Thanks.
using the anabolics you’ve mentioned in the cut is exactly the way I would go simply to avoid muscle loss. People often think aas only shine in a bulk (I also use to think this) but imo it’s equally (if not more) valuable at preserving muscle in a cut.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Thanks.
which products have androsterone?

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks everyone.

Ultra Hard and Alpha Seven both have androsterone.

Based on feedback I’m likely going to try a run of A7 for the thermogenesis and mood effects for a 6-8 week cut.
I ran it solo and liked it. Also stacked it with transdermal dienolone. Dienolone will give you recomp for sure. Although it's a potent compound. Night terrors bad dreams night sweats and can increase prolactin at higher dosage

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone.

Ultra Hard and Alpha Seven both have androsterone.

Based on feedback I’m likely going to try a run of A7 for the thermogenesis and mood effects for a 6-8 week cut.
ALPHA SEVEN is a nice toe dip into the pool. i would run it solo for a month and then 2nd month possible try some add ons...definately run it for 2 months.

kotc_83

Awards
I know Nolva isn't absolutely necessary, but I have it on hand. Should I run it 20/20/10/10 for PCT (plus SA and M-Test) or can I get away with 10/10/10/10?

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know Nolva isn't absolutely necessary, but I have it on hand. Should I run it 20/20/10/10 for PCT (plus SA and M-Test) or can I get away with 10/10/10/10?
I'd run the Nova like you have outlined